Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy

bad_teammate

7 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

I'm sure this MAGAt from North Dakota  feels the same about the constitutional amendments that passed in Texas. At least they're not hiding behind stolen elections lies, I guess. Also, that opinion has long been accepted in other parts of the world Mr. Anti-Globalist Super Patriot.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

North Dakota's very own George Santos:

He has falsely claimed to attend the University of Minnesota Law School and School of Public Policy.[3] The portrayal of his academic background has been repeatedly called into question. He has claimed that he "studied law" at the University of Minnesota, but the law school stated he "is not enrolled in the JD program at the University of Minnesota Law School."[4] Prichard claimed to be a law student during one of his last speeches in the North Dakota Legislative Assembly.[5]

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Shirt form: Christianity is a lot like communism: blissful on paper, brutal and bloody as actually practiced by humans.
Yes because most Christians completely ignore the teachings of the religion. It's a profit deal With little to do with Faith. The religion itself is not to blame. Jesus didn't instruct us to be dicks, and would be disgusted with 90% of his followers. His gospel was pretty simple and very libtard.
  • Hook 'Em 3

14 hours ago, Born to Run said:

The religion itself is not to blame. Jesus didn't instruct us to be dicks, and would be disgusted with 90% of his followers. His gospel was pretty simple and very libtard.

Religion is entirely to blame. Completely. Utterly. 100%. Why? 

1) It teaches people to believe in evidence-free, non-existent Sky Daddies. 

-- Genesis 1, Verse 1 is the starting point for the destruction of reason, logic, rationality, evidence, general cognitive sanity, etc. 

-- FYI: Sartre destroyed all such fallacies in Being and Nothingness, as have many others in various works.

2) Genesis 1, Verse 1 and religion is the ground for all conspiracy theory, with the unseen Creator (the good guy) supposedly running the show on Planet Earth, but in a deadly battle with the unseen Devil (the evil dude) and his machinations. Unseen forces controlling the world against the supposed "good guys," that's conspiracy theory in a nutshell. 

3) It teaches people to believe that agrarian era farmers and current era preachers/ministers (from the two-bit Bible school or high brow Ivy League tower) know more about the universe and human origins than:

-- the hundreds thousands of scientists who have confirmed Darwin's evolution. It ain't a theory. It's true.

-- the medical scientists who cure diseases that once wiped out millions, drawing from that very evolutionary biology the religious people deny.

-- the scientists who now know that all human bodies and brains are made of the most common elements of the cosmos, namely oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, and various trace elements. And we humans all share 99.5% of the same DNA. We are one single, evolutionary species, made of the elements from which our solar system evolved. There are no privileged peoples. We are all starstuff.

-- NASA and the world's astronomers who know that the observable universe contains 2 trillion galaxies, 3 sextillion stars, trillions of black holes, untold numbers of planets and lifeforms, in an expanding universe stretching across 100 billion light years.  Yeah, we are tiny little specks, though we're pretty good with science/technology/curiosity to figure all this out. 

-- And we're supposed to believe Mr. Sky Daddy is running the show for every atom in the NASA-scientific universe? Laughable.

-- Just imagine, in this universe of two trillion galaxies, Sky Daddy loves me and has an special divine plan so I can live forever, perhaps the most narcissistic belief ever made. Yeah, religion are narcissistic cults. 

Oh, sure, you can cherry pick a few phrases ("Jesus said ...") from the Bible ignore all the other violence and idiocy in the verses, myths, and superstitions.  But it is all nonsense... and thus dangerous.

4) All of the above is why Sky Daddy (aka Mr. Good Guy) does absolutely nothing to prevent war, disease, famine, destruction, etc. Oh, but "He works in strange ways." Lulz.

TLDR Bottom line, religion teaches people to believe in crap that is utterly false. Religion does violence to facts, reason, and logic. No wonder religion ends up being so violent across the millennia. 

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Atheists are such a fucking beating.

There used to be this old hippy atheist who drove a car covered in atheism stickers and would post up at Whole Foods downtown every day with a laptop covered in Atheism stickers. He would sit there waiting for somebody to talk to him about atheism and then when that didn't happen he would strike up conversations with people eating nearby and invariably turn them towards atheism and how stupid other people are for not making atheism their whole personality, too. Just the most tedious person on earth.
I haven't seen him in a few years, maybe he is in heaven and feels like a real dummy. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have seen that guy.  It's been awhile, but I think I know who you're talking about.  Would see him in those front tables on the Lamar side.  Sometimes outside, didn't know about the car though.  But to be fair, there's plenty of folks like that in Austin.  there are surly stereotypes we use to be pricks.  But there is an over-abundance of people that within 60 seconds of meeting them pivot to discussing atheism.  I don't know if it's because I attend events sober now and actually have to pretend to listen instead of just drunkenly tuning people out, but Family Feud top 10 answers on the board of "Name something people say within one minute of meeting you at an event."

"As an atheist..."

"As a man of faith..."

"As a taxpayer..."

"Since I started crossfit..."

"As a student of the Constitution..."

"As a 2A advocate..."

"As a vegan..."

I don't mind it online, because you can just scroll right past it.  I wish to Christ you could do that in real life.  It took my dumbass until just recently to realize my new trick.  I reach into my pocket to get my phone and stare at it really close to the vest, so nobody else can see it.  And say, "Excuse me, it's my kids texting me to talk  before bedtime.  I''ll see you in a few minutes."  So far most people think I'm being serious so no hurt feelings.  I said told this to a guy the other night at a McCombs deal after I used it on somebody.  And he said, "You realize you're what you just described...you're basically saying 'As a father of two young daughters...'  "      And as he said that, I raised up my phone and say, "sorry, I gotta take this.:"  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I have seen that guy.  It's been awhile, but I think I know who you're talking about.  Would see him in those front tables on the Lamar side.  Sometimes outside, didn't know about the car though.  But to be fair, there's plenty of folks like that in Austin.  there are surly stereotypes we use to be pricks.  But there is an over-abundance of people that within 60 seconds of meeting them pivot to discussing atheism.  I don't know if it's because I attend events sober now and actually have to pretend to listen instead of just drunkenly tuning people out, but Family Feud top 10 answers on the board of "Name something people say within one minute of meeting you at an event."

"As an atheist..."

"As a man of faith..."

"As a taxpayer..."

"Since I started crossfit..."

"As a student of the Constitution..."

"As a 2A advocate..."

"As a vegan..."

I don't mind it online, because you can just scroll right past it.  I wish to Christ you could do that in real life.  It took my dumbass until just recently to realize my new trick.  I reach into my pocket to get my phone and stare at it really close to the vest, so nobody else can see it.  And say, "Excuse me, it's my kids texting me to talk  before bedtime.  I''ll see you in a few minutes."  So far most people think I'm being serious so no hurt feelings.  I said told this to a guy the other night at a McCombs deal after I used it on somebody.  And he said, "You realize you're what you just described...you're basically saying 'As a father of two young daughters...'  "      And as he said that, I raised up my phone and say, "sorry, I gotta take this.:"  

So....are you saying that my intro of "As a man who appreciates curvy brunettes, the products of the barbecuean arts, and who once got a sweaty hug from Susanna Hoffs" isn't the best social opener?  Because my friend, every word of it is true.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Hey dudes, toss out all ad hominems you want about atheists, keep up with evasions and apologia. Seen it for decades, especially in the free speech area (next to the Union Bldg) at UT in the 1980s and 1990s. All across America, too.

But, you have no idea about me, how I got my atheist beliefs, or how I talk in public to anyone, or anything else. 

You see, I was lucky, just damn lucky. 

Raised in a middle class secular household in Texas that placed a premium on education, honesty, and hard work to get ahead. And a trust in relying on evidence and logic to make a point or have position on something. And a trust in basic science, medical and otherwise. 

Oh sure, my mom (grew up on a farm) believed in the Bible, but never went to church because she thought preachers were scammers and con men. My dad was an agnostic, served in the Navy in Korean War, saw the lunacy of war, went to UT on the GI Bill and never set foot in a church. So, I escaped all the religious brainwashing that happens to the youth of Texas and America and the world. Damn lucky, I was. Just pure luck.

-- On the other hand, my cousins were brainwashed by my mom's highly religious brothers and sisters and those cousins are all MAGA-GQP, as far as I know. I avoid them. 

I've been atheist for 40+ years, at least my first years of college. Since I started grasping all the BS hypocrisies in religion and in reading existentialist writings, especially Sartre. Plus, Carl Sagan and many other scientists and many philosophers. Took philosophy courses at UT while getting my PhD in something else. Not a TED Talk atheist. Authored numerous books and articles, so I don't feel the need to spout off about atheism at the cocktail parties. 

Last time I looked, America was packed with churches -- tiny churches in strip malls to suburban megachurches to urban cathedrals. Looks more like the Sky Daddy fans can't stop talking about their beliefs ... and ramming them down everyone's throats and inside women's bodies. 

As for posting about atheism in Surly, it's because America is descending into a violent fascist theocracy, led by Texas and Abbott, the most disgraceful UT alum I know of. A freaking fascist and theocrat making women with unwanted pregnancies fear for their lives. And for some deep-seated reason, I still care about UT and its alums. I guess because my did did, too. That's probably why i post here.

Totally futile gestures, for sure. 

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BevoAbyss said:

Hey dudes, toss out all ad hominems you want about atheists, keep up with evasions and apologia. Seen it for decades, especially in the free speech area (next to the Union Bldg) at UT in the 1980s and 1990s. All across America, too.

But, you have no idea about me, how I got my atheist beliefs, or how I talk in public to anyone, or anything else. 

Raised in a middle class secular household in Texas that placed a premium on education, honesty, and hard work to get ahead. And a trust in relying on evidence and logic to make a point or have position on something. And a trust in basic science, medical and otherwise. 

Oh sure, my mom (grew up on a farm) believed in the Bible, but never went to church because she thought preachers were scammers and con men. My dad was an agnostic, served in the Navy in Korean War, saw the lunacy of war, went to UT on the GI Bill and never set foot in a church. So, I escaped all the religious brainwashing that happens to the youth of Texas and America and the world. Damn lucky, I was. Just pure luck.

-- On the other hand, my cousins were brainwashed by my mom's highly religious brothers and sisters and those cousins are all MAGA-GQP, as far as I know. I avoid them. 

I've been atheist for 40+ years, at least my first years of college. Since I started grasping all the BS hypocrisies in religion and in reading existentialist writings, especially Sartre. Plus, Carl Sagan and many other scientists and many philosophers. Took philosophy courses at UT while getting my PhD in something else. Not a TED Talk atheist. Authored numerous books and articles, so I don't feel the need to spout off about atheism at the cocktail parties. 

Last time I looked, America was packed with churches -- tiny churches in strip malls to suburban megachurches to urban cathedrals. Looks more like the Sky Daddy fans can't stop talking about their beliefs ... and ramming them down everyone's throats and inside women's bodies. 

As for posting about atheism in Surly, it's because America is descending into a violent fascist theocracy, led by Texas and Abbott, the most disgraceful UT alum I know of. A freaking fascist and theocrat making women with unwanted pregnancies fear for their lives. And for some deep-seated reason, I still care about UT and its alums. I guess because my did did, too. That's probably why i post here.

Jesus Christ, dude.  Write the joke for me, why don't you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, BevoAbyss said:

image.gif.b50351e9b452131f0df200fc4f6e65d7.gif

Neat!

Exactly. All those door-to-door atheist evangelists drive me nuts. AM radio and cable TV are full of atheist channels and shows, preaching the non existence of God round the clock and begging for donations from their gullible audience. It seems like everywhere you go these days, there’s another atheist temple: United Atheists here, Seventh Day Atheists there. Oh look, the Southern Atheists are setting up shop down the street right next to the Church of Christ Mythicists. Just drive up I-35 to Dallas and you quickly lose count of all the atheist billboards proclaiming things like “THERE IS NO GOD” and “STOP BELIEVING FAIRY TALES.” Our school board meetings are overrun with loud, belligerent atheists demanding that children be taught that God is dead. Not to mention all those atheists who leave copies of Cristopher Hitchens books in motel nightstands.  
It’s like America is covered in a thick smog of atheist noise pollution.

So much this. There are assholes everywhere (ahem, perhaps on this very board!) and they stick out because they are assholes, not because they are Christians or atheists.

But as long as I’ve been politically aware (early 80s) there’s been an overwhelming number of Christian assholes hogging the spotlight in this country. They’re very good at “lookit me!!!!!”

That said, I know many atheists and Christians who are wonderful people. We don’t talk about them because they don’t stand out. They’re just busy living their lives and not being assholes.
  • Hook 'Em 8

Went to a step-nephew's birthday get-together earlier today, and my Qanon sis-in-law gave him a cheap set of tools from Harbor Freight (is there any other kind of tools from Harbor Freight /Nicholson).  The kid is 10.  She mentioned she would be getting his sister some Barbie dolls for her birthday in a couple of months.  We were like "cool, he'll like the tools, she'll like the dolls", but then she had to tell us how she picked these gifts because she cares about making sure that they get "gender-appropriate gifts".  The group of us were all thinking "what the fuck are you talking about" and she complained that he got some gender-neutral gifts (apparently Minecraft and Among Us stuff and a Mario Brothers game are gender-neutral) and that kids are being taught stuff in schools that goes against their birth genders and affects their sexuality.

If there hadn't been little kids within earshot, as well as an elderly great-aunt who has been on death's doorstep for the past few years, I would have loved to look her straight in the face and say "If a $20 set of tools from Harbor Freight would keep him from sucking some dude's dick 5 or 10 years down the road, Harbor Freight wouldn't be able to keep them in stock anywhere in the South."

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

If there hadn't been little kids within earshot, as well as an elderly great-aunt who has been on death's doorstep for the past few years, I would have loved to look her straight in the face and say "If a $20 set of tools from Harbor Freight would keep him from sucking some dude's dick 5 or 10 years down the road, Harbor Freight wouldn't be able to keep them in stock anywhere in the South."

I bet she has no idea that Harbor Freight’s HQ is in the liberal hellscape of Calbasas CA just north of the Santa Monica Mountains. I’v made that drive from Calabasas to Malibu through those mountain pass. Say what you will about HF tools but that’s a pretty much ideal location.

I’m confused. Regarding homosexuality, is Murfreesboro banning the noun or the verb? What if one’s hair or dress looks homosexual?

https://newrepublic.com/post/176915/tennessee-town-ban-public-homosexuality

A city in Tennessee is using a recently passed ordinance essentially prohibiting homosexuality in public to try to ban library books that might violate the new rules.

Murfreesboro passed an ordinance in June banning “indecent behavior,” including “indecent exposure, public indecency, lewd behavior, nudity or sexual conduct.” As journalist Erin Reed first reported, this ordinance specifically mentions Section 21-72 of the city code. The city code states that sexual conduct includes homosexuality.

20 hours ago, Satchel said:

I’m confused. Regarding homosexuality, is Murfreesboro banning the noun or the verb? What if one’s hair or dress looks homosexual?

The whole thing is confusing.  I've read that it's a "clarification" of an earlier ordinance, and also that said "clarification" was reversed or at least put on hold.  

Whatever, it's weird, and frightening.  Banning what is essentially one's existence (as opposed to actions) is the next step towards fascist autocracy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

The whole thing is confusing.  I've read that it's a "clarification" of an earlier ordinance, and also that said "clarification" was reversed or at least put on hold.  
Whatever, it's weird, and frightening.  Banning what is essentially one's existence (as opposed to actions) is the next step towards fascist autocracy.

“Next step.” Fuck that. In red states, we’re already there.

On 11/10/2023 at 2:20 PM, BevoAbyss said:

-- NASA and the world’s astronomers who know that the observable universe contains 2 trillion galaxies, 3 sextillion stars, trillions of black holes, untold numbers of planets and lifeforms, in an expanding universe stretching across 100 billion light years.  Yeah, we are tiny little specks, though we're pretty good with whirling into fana, and science/technology/curiosity to figure all this out. 

Well, dude, it seems you got to give the Sufis some love. Their cosmology has a definite number of galaxies, and it all but matches what science currently thinks. 2.4e+13. You can do the math to learn how many planets with life on them exist,  if you want. Or, you can bag on religion some more. The sufis were there first, though.

Fifm

https://en-academic.com/dic.nsf/enwiki/1424242

Edited by Willfully Horn