Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy

bad_teammate

If you want a peek at the Christian nationalists who think everybody is out to get them (while doing things that cause friction with the people they claim are out to get them).

https://unherd.com/2023/11/inside-the-american-redoubt/

North Idaho has long been home to those seeking to escape the looming collapse of America. This is a region doused in frontier spirit; a land where people openly carry guns, and where bounty hunters still operate, tracking down fugitives hoping to bolt into Canada. It is here, on rugged fringes stalked by mountain lions, bears and wolves, that the American Redoubt was born.

The Redoubt is both a prophecy and a movement: a pre-emptive response to the anarchy on the horizon. Economic meltdown, nuclear war, the lawlessness that will follow the total defunding of the police — all, its followers warn, could bring an end to American civilisation. And so they have started to prepare. First, by relocating to easily defensible ranches in the wilderness; and second, by stocking up on food, firearms and fuel. While their country teeters on the brink of bedlam, they are building a fortress.

Edited by atomheartbevo

On 11/18/2023 at 5:30 PM, atomheartbevo said:

If you want a peek at the Christian nationalists who think everybody is out to get them (while doing things that cause friction with the people they claim are out to get them).

https://unherd.com/2023/11/inside-the-american-redoubt/

Today I learned that apparently Bounty Hunters can only operate in fucking Idaho...fucking idiots.

Also, easily defendable ranches. Yeah, the fucking commanches had a real hard time with the isolated ranch, and that was 200 fucking years ago. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Today I learned that apparently Bounty Hunters can only operate in fucking Idaho...fucking idiots.

Also, easily defendable ranches. Yeah, the fucking commanches had a real hard time with the isolated ranch, and that was 200 fucking years ago. 

Today I learned what happened to Clap Clap Clap

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Ben Shaprio must be completely pissed that he has been replaced by Charlie Kirk.  

I believe Charlie Kirk is the founder of TP USA.

But man, that lineup. People go to these things? They actually paid to travel there, stay in a hotel, and pay admission? 

Like it or not, I can see that for someone going to see Trump. That makes a little sense to me. But let's go see Rob Schneider? Guilfoyle? Mike Lindell? And a guy whose name is Gad Saad?

1 minute ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

But man, that lineup. People go to these things? They actually paid to travel there, stay in a hotel, and pay admission? 

Like it or not, I can see that for someone going to see Trump. That makes a little sense to me. But let's go see Rob Schneider? Guilfoyle? Mike Lindell? And a guy whose name is Gad Saad?

Lots of these people take their children, or send their kids to similar camps for kids. Ponder that if you think about backing off the ledge. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

they are all interchangeable to me.  Just morons and cowards spouting off and trying to be men.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Ben Shaprio must be completely pissed that he has been replaced by Charlie Kirk.  

He's fighting with his top employee, Candace Owens, so we'll see who comes out of that one on top (Hint: It's her, she's got Tucker on her side).

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

And it's mid-December, so these people could be giving up holiday time-off or time-off with the family (which the family may actually appreciate).

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I don't know about you, but I don't want Duane Chapman living/operating anywhere near me.  

On 11/18/2023 at 8:30 AM, Francisco 2.0 said:

That perfect Christmas gift for the MAGA folk in your life:  tickets to AmericaFest 2023:

F_OIpiEXcAE1k6a?format=jpg&name=large

There was a time that the right actually had issues of substance to discuss. Even if you disagreed with them, you could acknowledge that they had their issues. Now it's only about culture issues to rile up their base and churn the grift machine.

For Rob Schneider what came first? Did Sandler stop putting him in movies which forced him to find revenue being a right wing pundit, or did it occur in the reverse order?

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

There was a time that the right actually had issues of substance to discuss. Even if you disagreed with them, you could acknowledge that they had their issues. Now it's only about culture issues to rile up their base and churn the grift machine.

It’s very jarring, and probably why so many of us former-Republicans are weirded out by what it’s become.  The people who cared about policy were boring and have been replaced fully by the grifters and nutcases.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

On 11/17/2023 at 1:36 PM, jimmyjazz said:

The whole thing is confusing.  I've read that it's a "clarification" of an earlier ordinance, and also that said "clarification" was reversed or at least put on hold.  

Whatever, it's weird, and frightening.  Banning what is essentially one's existence (as opposed to actions) is the next step towards fascist autocracy.

Damn athiests

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

so many of us former-Republicans are weirded out by what it’s become.  The people who cared about policy were boring and have been replaced fully by the grifters and nutcases.

Let me correct that: the real terms are fascists and theocrats,  which includes grifters and nutcases. As for MAGA-GQP, they have a clear platform and set of policies: To impose a violent fascist theocracy on America. Just look at Trump, Pence, Abbott, the new Speaker of the House, the Supreme Court in Dobbs, the politicalization of churches, Fox News, and endless other examples. 

I am so tired of this claim that "a bunch of grifters hijacked our GOP." That's complete BS. Y'all "former Republicans" can be "weirded out" all you want. But, you must had your head in the sand for 40 years. MAGA GQP fascism-theocracy has been building since Reagan-Falwell. If you voted for Reagan, Bush 1, Bush 2, Abbott, or Trump (or supported Perot, United We Stand, or the Tea Party), then you enabled where we are. Just f*cking own it. 

Edited by BevoAbyss
Typo.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

There was a time that the right actually had issues of substance to discuss.

Really, now. This is a mind-boggling statement in clear denial of what's happening right before our eyes.

Are you suggesting that women's right to control their own bodies, or the Dobbs ruling, are not issues of substance? I have a feeling 100+ million women might disagree. 

Or endless mass shootings and the militarization America with millions of AR-15s are not issues of substance. Pretty sure there are many families with dead children who think mass murder/gun control are issues of substance.

Or the denial of the climate catastrophe and massive ecological destruction are not issues of substance. 

Or the 1.2 million Americans dead from Covid and the Texas lege passing no mandated vaxxing for workplace safety. 

Or the clear efforts to smash down the Establishment Clause separating Church and State. 

Or the banning of books from libraries. 

Or the efforts to overthrow elections, purge voter rolls, make it harder to vote. 

Hell, Abbott just endorsed the fascist leader of an insurrection for President. 

MAGA-GQP have plenty of issues of substance. And, guess what, they are busy imposing them. Right before our eyes.

Edited by BevoAbyss

31 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

So they basically copied the Southpark episode that was actually funny and tried to make an amateur full length movie about it. Bold move, cotton.

Looked like a promo for an old Funny-or-Die fake movie trailer skit, but it appears to be real.

We should all look on the bright side though.  This will put the MAGA dumbasses in our families on full display, after some of them had been keeping a semi-low profile.

On 11/22/2023 at 5:21 PM, BevoAbyss said:

Really, now. This is a mind-boggling statement in clear denial of what's happening right before our eyes.

Are you suggesting that women's right to control their own bodies, or the Dobbs ruling, are not issues of substance? I have a feeling 100+ million women might disagree. 

Or endless mass shootings and the militarization America with millions of AR-15s are not issues of substance. Pretty sure there are many families with dead children who think mass murder/gun control are issues of substance.

Or the denial of the climate catastrophe and massive ecological destruction are not issues of substance. 

Or the 1.2 million Americans dead from Covid and the Texas lege passing no mandated vaxxing for workplace safety. 

Or the clear efforts to smash down the Establishment Clause separating Church and State. 

Or the banning of books from libraries. 

Or the efforts to overthrow elections, purge voter rolls, make it harder to vote. 

Hell, Abbott just endorsed the fascist leader of an insurrection for President. 

MAGA-GQP have plenty of issues of substance. And, guess what, they are busy imposing them. Right before our eyes.

They don’t discuss any of those things in good faith. Though I agree with all of this. 

I started listening to a podcast about Leonard Leo and the Federal Society today. Holy fuck, we are so fucked. It’s been a decades long plan for the conservative (read: theocratic) takeover of the judiciary that is coming to fruition. 

It's always sad when you see people that had relevance in the 80s and 90s have this as their only means to be active. I think that was Eric Roberts and Jim Breuer. I realize the latter went broken brain a little while back but Eric Roberts had a pretty good run in the 80s and 90s. 

• Hook 'Em 1

They don’t discuss any of those things in good faith. Though I agree with all of this. 

I started listening to a podcast about Leonard Leo and the Federal Society today. Holy fuck, we are so fucked. It’s been a decades long plan for the conservative (read: theocratic) takeover of the judiciary that is coming to fruition. 
A plan written by a tobacco company lawyer and later supreme court justice.

22 minutes ago, mdmost said:

It's always sad when you see people that had relevance in the 80s and 90s have this as their only means to be active. I think that was Eric Roberts and Jim Breuer. I realize the latter went broken brain a little while back but Eric Roberts had a pretty good run in the 80s and 90s. 

also Victoria Jackson (Myers/Spade/Etc era SNL) who it looks like is playing the hysterical cancel culture liberal

Edited by Celery Man

17 hours ago, HenryJames said:

1 hour ago, Celery Man said:

These movies look terrible and amateurish, and they are clearly written and performed by humorless hacks. But they’re part of a growing effort to provide a rightwing alternative to shared pop culture media.

Other examples include the painfully unfunny Fox News show Gutfeld! and the sanctimonious-culture-wars-sermon-masquerading-as-thriller movie Nefarious. We stumbled onto the latter accidentally (pro tip: ignore Rotten Tomatoes audience scores) only to find out that my mom’s priest had recommended it from the pulpit at mass.  Spoiler alert! It’s a terrible, boring movie that literally culminates in a Glenn Beck episode.

This stuff is all unwatchable schlock. But rightwing ding-dongs are watching it and talking about it. And all it does is confirm their weird views and further isolate them from mainstream culture. It’s propaganda, and it will likely be effective at continuing to drive the right further over the cliff of fascist assholery. 

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Rage+1 1