Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy

bad_teammate

13 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Where we are is a country with a solid anti-Trump majority confronting a pro-Trump minority that believes it has a right to rule without concession or compromise.

The only way to produce a stable majority in the House is for the next Republican leader to reach a working agreement with the Democrats to bypass the nihilists in the GOP caucus. But that agreement will have to be unspoken and even denied—because making agreements that show any respect for the other side will be seen by Republican partisans as betrayal. The price of GOP leadership is delivering delusions and fantasies: the delusion and fantasy that Trump won in 2020, the delusion and fantasy that the Republicans did not lose in 2022.

The premise here is that Republicans WANT to lead. I reject that premise. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

California's most MAGA county continues to embarass. Two for the price of one today.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bill-limiting-ballot-hand-counting-california-law-county/story?id=103741610

California Gov. Gavin Newsom signed legislation into law on Wednesday that will limit the ability of local governments to manually count ballots less than a year after one northern county’s governing board ditched its contract with Dominion Voting Systems and decided to tabulate results by hand.

Set to go into effect immediately, the law deals a blow to Shasta County’s conservative-majority Board of Supervisors, which voted 3-2 in January to cancel its contract with Dominion amid a flurry of unsubstantiated conspiracy theories about the company in the wake of the 2020 election, leaving it without a way to conduct elections for a time.

But speaking with ABC News on Wednesday night, Shasta County Board of Supervisors President Patrick Jones said that the supervisors were still committed to implementing a hand count regardless of what the law says.

“We made this decision before the legislature acted,” Jones said, adding that the board believes passing the law under an urgency statute that allows it to go into effect immediately violated the state’s constitution.

“If they want to allow us to have local control, the way that we should, over our elections, that would be fine, and no lawsuits would be necessary,” Jones said. “But if they try to stop us from hand counting, then there will be litigation.”

Newsom’s office dismissed the prospect of a legal challenge, telling ABC News that the state was not concerned about the bill standing up in court.

Jones, though, mentioned that he plans to attempt to remove the county's recently purchased ballot scanners – which have the ability to tabulate votes – alleging that the board was told that the machines would only serialize and document ballot images.

"The board was misled, lied to. We purchased something that we clearly did not want to purchase on fraudulent information, and so, this particular topic will come back up on our agenda items for [Oct.] 17th, and I will make every effort to have those four machines removed," Jones said.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2023-10-06/la-me-rural-california-vector-control-conspiracy-theories-far-right

As soon as Jon Knight applied for a seat on the Shasta Mosquito and Vector Control District board, the conspiracy theories started flying.

Knight, who owns a hydroponic gardening supply store in Redding, spoke darkly about his suspicion that Bill Gates had helped unleash genetically modified mosquitoes in California. And he warned about “flying syringes that will mass vaccinate the population.”

Knight was considered along with Donnell Ewert, a retired epidemiologist who once was the Northern California county’s public health director.

The Shasta County Board of Supervisors chose Knight — a right-wing political activist who was pictured outside the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, holding what appeared to be a white power symbol.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 10/5/2023 at 3:59 PM, Beau Vine said:

What if it's a fire that's created because your electric boat sinks and the battery starts electrocuting everything?

Well then you need to use the water to make the floors of the forest damp so they don't cartch on fire if an electric boat sunk in the forest and nobody heard it.

2 hours ago, Disco Strangler said:

Hey, some asshole dork taped some bullshit to your back.  Let me help you out and take that embarrassing sign off you. 

28 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

It would be a lot cooler if somehow it was Henry Rollins that got to say that.  

Or Samuel L. Jackson.  He'd probably shit his pants.

6 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I can't even

To be fair, she did graduate valedictorian of Barry University, which is one of the *checks notes* 435 most prestigious universities in the United States. With her track record at Barry, I’m confident Loomer could have maintained a passing GPA even at a far more rigorous school such as Texas Tech or Sam Houston State.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/17/2023 at 4:43 PM, Bozo_Casanova said:

I can't even

Not gonna lie, there was a time when I was much younger that that line would've worked on me and I'm not even sure what the second half means

Edited by Post Oak
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1