Hager gets reprimand

Armypilot

“More than 3000 current and former coaches, student-athletes, athletic department staff and university personnel representing or employed by the University of Oklahoma have violated the Conference rule that prohibits them from making negative comments about other member institutions via their use of the "Horns down" hand gesture mocking the University of Texas” said Gabriel.  “This is their umpteen thousandth violation of the Conference sportsmanship rules and therefore, God has instructed me to issue a public reprimand and the entire University of Oklahoma will be expected to issue a public apology for their inappropriate behavior.”

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

If we have to apologize for that bullshit, I want apologies for every single horns down. Fuck this conference. 

But first this Faaaaabuulus conference must give a first violation of the Conference sportsmanship rules to all horns downer holders...

Edited by TexasTroll

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Hager, Herman, CDC and the school need to take a hard stand on this.  No apology.  Bowlsby is gonna have to come stronger than "he is receiving a public reprimand and will be expected to issue a public apology" if he actually has the power to demand it.

This is John-Sharp-bush-league territory.  What incredible bulletin-board material.  Thanks Bowlsby.  Take the diss, pussy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ftf82 said:

Statement from Texas Football senior DL Breckyn Hager:

“I consider sportsmanship to be an essential part of the game I so truly love. I spoke with our athletics director Chris Del Conte and Coach Herman about what I said after Saturday’s game and understand why it reflected poorly on me and my team. I had no ill intentions when I made my comments about Oklahoma, which included a phrase that’s used by fans, but I have to realize that it’s different coming from me. My thought process was that it would put a fun and light-hearted charge into the greatest rivalry in college football that my family has been involved in playing in for many years, but I can see now that was not the way to do it. I have the utmost respect for the University of Oklahoma and their football program and know a number of players on their team, and I want to apologize to them. I want to represent myself, my family, my football program, my University, and the Big 12 Conference in the best possible way. I’m truly sorry for the comments I made, will learn from this, and will keep working to improve my ability to think about the ramifications of what I say before I say it.”

(***not really- Fuck OU)

18 minutes ago, texashorn13 said:

I wish Hager, Tom and CDC wouldn't have apologized and just told the league office to F off.  However, I understand why they did...99% guarantee that there was a threat of a Hager suspension if no apology was issued.  Also, fuck ou

It's not even that.  We were in a no win situation. Once Bowlsby stirred this shit up he knows that the media will make a big deal about it and continue to ask about it if no apology is issued, then it becomes a distraction, yada yada yada.  Herman and CDC know that as well and don't want that when we are this close so they decide they just have Hager apologize and get it over with.  

But what a bitch ass pussy move by Bowlsby and one we shouldn't forget....

I've provided a translation of Hager's apology

Lower your paperclip banners and march straight back to oklahoma, stopping at every Texas home to beg forgiveness for a hundred years of theft, rape, and horns down.  Do this and your team shall live.  Do it not, and every one of you will die today.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Like 3

I get that the conference hopes that all member teams treat each other with upmost respect.

I also get that what he said was disrespectful of OU.

I also get that the WVU head fucking coach called a play on Saturday by using a hand sign which is directly disrespectful to a conference opponent and that players on the field have been given unsportsmanlike penalties for doing the same.

The conference does not have to stick their nose into every interaction which crosses the line into disrespectful.  He didn't throw a chair into the stands, punch an opponent etc.  It is very petty of the conference to think they need to control people's behavior to that extent.  At the very least be uniform about it.  Don't pick and choose who's big enough to take the insult and who needs daddy to come in and demand an apology.  Lame as hell.

I'll expect to hear crickets from the conference office when Texas is similarly disrespected. 

Edited by Lhorn

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

"Breckyn Hager violated the Conference rule that prohibits coaches, student-athletes, athletic department staff and university personnel from making negative comments about other member institutions for his remarks about the University of Oklahoma,” said Bowlsby.  “This is Mr. Hager’s second violation of the Conference sportsmanship rules and therefore, he is receiving a public reprimand and will be expected to issue a public apology for his inappropriate comments."

"Sorry not sorry, hook 'em"

82d5564f235390399b0a4c744af4bd46.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

"Breckyn Hager violated the Conference rule that prohibits coaches, student-athletes, athletic department staff and university personnel from making negative comments about other member institutions for his remarks about the University of Oklahoma,” said Bowlsby.  “This is Mr. Hager’s second violation of the Conference sportsmanship rules and therefore, he is receiving a public reprimand and will be expected to issue a public apology for his inappropriate comments."

"Sorry not sorry, hook 'em"

Ok...here's my public apology: "To those at the university of Oklahoma, I am sincerely sorry for saying OU Sucks....let me repeat...sorry that OU sucks.  There....sorry you guys suck."  Can I go now?