LSU @ aggy

Chad

Not an Aggie, nor do I think it was the best ever. Not even close. It was entertaining though. I’m just amused at how many on here are so interested in a&m’s game. If it was such a joke of a game and they’re so bad, why a jillion posts about it? We could also talk about nail biters with Baylor and Tulsa, but it wouldn’t mean much.

Ok aggy
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Only aggy would think a game that has absolutely no implications on the national picture and a conference championship is the "greatest football game of all time". 

And that was exactly the same as the other  7 overtime games except with even less defense. 

I just can't get over the absurdity of a team playing 4 qtrs and 7 OTs and not getting a single hold, pass interference, clip, hands to the face, etc - especially given the athleticism and speed of LSU's defense.  That alone should get an officiating crew fired.

I think I saw somewhere that aggy ran 120 offensive plays.  If an avg of 7 players were blocking each play, that's 840 "clean" blocks. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, George Clooney said:

LSU might murder aggy players in their game next year. They’re going to be incensed by all of the botched officiating and the fact that one of their staffers with Parkinson’s was swung at.

LSU can’t murder anyone. They’re probably by far the most over rated team in the top 20. They should be ranked 18-20.

8 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Didn’t watch the game just saw this thread. What in the wide wide world of fucking sports is going here? 74-72? Lol. 

Refs appear to have been purchased by aggy. 

7 OTs. 

aggy punched a man with Parkinson’s Disease. 

aggy proclaims it to be greatest game ever played.

Edited by DejaVu
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Sejjr said:

I have watched a minimum of 1000 football games in my life, and I have never seen possession given to a player in a scrum who first touched the ball and also had one knee down on the ground. 

Er.... Kansas this past weekend?

Anyways, what a weird, shitty game. Hopefully TAMU faces someone who can pass all over them as that secondary is still complete trash, though their running defense is much better than anyone thought at the beginning of the year. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RowdyVic said:

I didn't watch the whole game. It was getting ridiculous. From what I saw it was like the chokahomo/wv game.

If you missed the first 60 minutes it was boring, essentially incompetent football with shoddy officiating.  

I went to bed after the first overtime.  Glad I did.

4 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Wright, Feldman and Brando are all Fox media guys.  The Fox guys will take (usually warranted) shots at the SEC because they cover competing conferences.  Klatt even does it, often more or less out of the blue, when he’s calling Big 12, Big 10 or PAC 12 games.

However, the ESPN family of networks and CBS would issue a fatwa against any of their people who dare to say anything like that about this game.  They’ll either ignore it completely, or spend 5 seconds on it next week simply for Herbie and Danielson to say anyone questioning the officiating is a kook.  One way or another they’ll protect their investments.

Yeah you could cut the tension & awkwardness with a knife after the game with Chizik, etc, like they were struggling to find superlatives to verbalize without talking about what a sham of refereeing they had all just witnessed.

7 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

That’s been addressed. Yellow line was wrong. They earned that first down. 

Addressed where?  Did someone post a screenshot or gif of the play?  Honest question, because both live and on the replay, I was positive they marked him at least a yard past where he was down, irrespective of the yellow line.

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

Addressed where?  Did someone post a screenshot or gif of the play?  Honest question, because both live and on the replay, I was positive they marked him at least a yard past where he was down, irrespective of the yellow line.

SEC Network had the yellow line on the wrong line to gain. If you go back and look at the play by play, he got the first down. Doesn’t matter, LSU still got royally fucked both before and after this stupid fucking play. 

6 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

WHOOP! It was the biggest win in your school’s history. I mean, that anyone who isn’t dead actually saw. (Not counting the dead dogs. They got to see this one, too. Or at least they kept track of the score somehow. Not sure how this all works, but I’m from the outside...)

So are the dead dogs, as I understand it.

6 hours ago, Specktrout said:

Not an Aggie, nor do I think it was the best ever. Not even close. It was entertaining though. I’m just amused at how many on here are so interested in a&m’s game. If it was such a joke of a game and they’re so bad, why a jillion posts about it? We could also talk about nail biters with Baylor and Tulsa, but it wouldn’t mean much.

I didn't watch any of it but I was reading the posts here at the end of regulation and they were hilarious so I'm glad so many people were posting.

15 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Damn, tigers got straight up robbed. Someone wants aggy above the tigers in the sec pecking order. So much so that blatant ref “incompetence” was required. What are the tigers going to do about it? Sit back and take it?
Lololol

Someone desperately wants this to be a rivalry game. Before tonight it was 100% one sided. 

2 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

So he’s the kid in the above video who stops Fisher before the tunnel. I wonder what was said. And how that meshes with Fisher saying he did not know.

Well, he knew something because the kid told him it happened.

Jimbo’s a used car salesman of a coach. Probably smells like little trees air fresheners. And sadness. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Don't forget on the spiked ball with 1 second left in regulation was an illegal formation and should have ended the game.

Orgeron in postgame stated that rules don’t allow spiking the ball with less than 3 seconds left in regulation, and Mond spiking the ball should have ended the game. Any of you that know the rules better than me that can confirm that?