Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Talked with acquaintances from Crimea. Under the pretext of mobilization, they are actively carrying out raids in the areas of compact residence of the Crimean Tatars. It is said that 80-90% of mobilized men are Crimeans. This is the genocide of the indigenous population of the peninsula - the citizens of Ukraine for the time being. territories

• Rage+1 5

More and more it’s coming out that Putin was obviously lying. A whole lot of people being conscripted were not prior military service, were parents or college students, etc.  Lots of people being rounded up in the middle of the night.  And supposedly conscription officers are working the lines of cars at the borders. These people better get there shit together fast, and it’s starting to look like more than 300,000.

This thread talks about it.

• Rage+1 5

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I mean.....when you've lost MONGOLIA in the PR war.

Actually, let's get a coupla those fuckers signed up for the foreign legion, bringing mounted hell with them:

d8fe11fb609dda93e7dd10076de38d9d.jpg

Wanna see some rooskies piss out pure vodka?  That's how you do it.

As a sparsely populated democracy stuck between two hegemonic dictatorships, that is as close to spewing hot fire as Mongolia will get.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Afghanistan--they were harboring al Qa'ida.  We told them to hand over bin Laden, and they told us to go fuck ourselves. 

Seems like a good reason to bomb the shit out of a country with millions of innocent people who had nothing to do with any of that shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Gulf War I--Iraq was the aggressor, and it was dead right that we (along with the rest of the world acting under UN authority) expelled Iraq from Kuwait.

Bosnia & Kosovo--fuck the Serbs.  They were out there committing genocide.  We were definitely "on the side of the good guys" in that one (also acting under UN authority).

Afghanistan--they were harboring al Qa'ida.  We told them to hand over bin Laden, and they told us to go fuck ourselves.  You can say that we didn't manage the war and the reconstruction well, but that's not to say that we weren't "on the side of the good guys."

Syria/ISIS--I mean, fuck those guys, right?  I mean, you can say a lot of bad things about stuff we've done in Mesopotamia over the past 30 years.  But fuck those guys, right?

Korea--I mean, that's still technically a war, right?

And then there's a bunch of wars that we haven't taken as active a role, but in which we were on the side of the good guys.  The Russian invasion of Georgia, the Mexican drug war, the Paraguayan and Columbian insurgencies all jump to mind.

An Extensive Dive into America’s Involvement in International Wars

by Ghost of LL

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

The US is an elephant. Huge and powerful, but not a strategic thinker. It will astound the world at times with feats of apparently unexpected intelligence, and at other times terrify everyone with destructive fits of rage. 

The US is at its best when it lets the UK do its strategic thinking. From their Indian experience, they know the trick to managing the elephant is to do it in a manner where it thinks it is acting in its own. 

Edited by statsman

5 minutes ago, statsman said:

The US is an elephant. Huge and powerful, but not a strategic thinker. It will astound the world at times with feats of apparently unexpected intelligence, and at other times terrify everyone with destructive fits of rage. 

The US is at its best when it lets the UK do its strategic thinking. From their Indian experience, they know the trick to managing the elephant is to do it in a manner where it thinks it is acting in its own. 

Spoiler

Star Trek Lincoln GIF

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, statsman said:

The US is at its best when it lets the UK do it’s strategic thinking. From their Indian experience, they know the trick to managing the elephant is to do it in a manner where it thinks it is acting in its own. 

UK did a smashing job of strategic thinking with the Sykes-Picot Agreement. Put that Indian experience to good use. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

I work with a lot of brits. They cannot shed their colonial attitude. They did not win in Malay, Oman, etc. They broke up the populations. I was in Helmand when shit got real hard and they ran. In came the US Marines. 

I say this with a British partner and talk to them all the damn time. Those who have been on the ground, and not in government (FO) or MOD know this is the trust. Worst fuckers to work with in the Middle East as well. Let me have a team of Americans, Canadians or South Africans any day. Aussies are just fun as shit to be around. 

Also, concerning Bosnia. We were under US command on a NATO mission. Only our Police Advisors were part of the UN. IFOR was a damn good model. Watch for something like that in Ukraine. 

• Hook 'Em 3

43 minutes ago, statsman said:

I know just the man for the job.

Inside Russia has seen a huge police increase out and about , and is hearing a lot of stuff, and is seeing a serious efficiency in them mobilizing/conscripting.  He’s also sarcastic as hell, talking about all of the super-patriotic Russians who had Z decals on the cars are now getting their wish and their chance to fight, and the official line about NATO fighting us, but he hasn’t seen the evidence.. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, statsman said:

fuck that ice cube GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

All of these dudes are going to surrender at the first opportunity.

Sadly, I am not sure of that. The authorities know who their families are, where they live, work, etc. Look at the history of what happened to Russian soldiers who surrendered in WW2. 20+5, special sentence. Family could not buy food. No right of correspondence. Work until you die from hunger Yuri. I brought up a Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich. That is what they are facing. Good quick read to see the how fucked up the Russian system was/is. And the author was a decorated LT, caught in a pincer movement by the Germans, and still got back to his lines. Straight to the Gulag. 

Russia is heading back to the Soviet model. On one of the videos posted earlier, mobilization center, it was a soviet symbol in front of the stage, not Russian Federation. If they surrender, will the west take them in? Ukraine has its own problems for the next decade. They cannot assimilate a bunch of rag tag Russians from the Far East and Dagestan.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1