Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

47 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

For me, watching him trying to stand on his broken leg and it collapsing was way more cringey than watching him take his life a few seconds later. 

It also makes me wonder if the FSB/Chechens/etc. are actually following through on going after soldiers who retreat or surrender (and then are executed after the prisoner exchanges).  Way too many Russians committing suicide rather than surrendering and living.  

• Hook 'Em 3

It also makes me wonder if the FSB/Chechens/etc. are actually following through on going after soldiers who retreat or surrender (and then are executed after the prisoner exchanges).  Way too many Russians committing suicide rather than surrendering and living.  

Is it really “too many”?
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Our freedom fighting Brothers and sisters know intimately how brutal and ridiculously stupid the orcs are.

The 3rd Corp ain't stopping for shit.

The rest will follow.

I think the Ukrainian counterattack goes straight past Bakhmut, especially after all that jibber-jabber about Melitopol. Skull-fuck or surround the best Russian units, romp on the rest. If Wagner runs, everybody runs.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Some serious big-brain shit from Hungary’s CHOD.

1939 was a “local German-Polish War” and WWII could have been avoided if they just worked out peace. USSR is not on the scene. 

Looks about as dorky as Goya's painting of the family of Charles IV.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I think the Ukrainian counterattack goes straight past Bakhmut, especially after all that jibber-jabber about Melitopol. Skull-fuck or surround the best Russian units, romp on the rest. If Wagner runs, everybody runs.

I don't recall the quote exactly, nor who said, but it was something like, attack a man's strength, it's where it's least expected, and that's where the action is.  Of course that applied to being in a fist fight, but nonetheless, it may well be the plan to eliminate the Russian "strength", in order to make the rest wither and die.  Here's to hoping.  

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

Pretty grim thread about life on the front line for mobilized Moscow artillerymen

"with men scavenging for food, drinking corpse-contaminated water, and living and fighting amongst piles of rotting unburied bodies. "

Wow.  That's some WWI or Civil War shit right there, except I think even they buried the bodies.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Viper said:

Pretty grim thread about life on the front line for mobilized Moscow artillerymen

Serious question: how much of this sort of stuff penetrates Kremlin disinfo and gets to the actual Russian people?

This sort of demoralizing / meat grinder ass whipping they are getting has shades of 1917 to it.

On 5/7/2023 at 1:47 AM, atomheartbevo said:

Unless nobody at the Kremlin is taking his phone calls, and this is an attempt to get some attention.  Or he sees the shit sandwich headed Russia's way, and doesn't want to take the blame, so he gets out there in front of it and bitches that he has no ammo and that Shoigu/Gerasimov are fucking him and Wagner over.

Putin will not take that blame, which means somebody else will.  If after nearly 9 months of taking Bakhmut, and Russia is unable to do it (remember, 66th largest city in Ukraine, about the size of San Marcos), and Wagner is being set up, he's getting ahead of the story.

We see subterfuge on social media all the time, and Putin is KGB through-and-through, but the thing is, the Ukrainians (and NATO from afar and in space) have Bakhmut and other areas under constant surveillance.  It would not surprise me if Ukraine and/or NATO knew to within a few hundred soldiers, exactly how many Russians are in the Bakhmut area.

If they are trying to setup a trap, Ukraine would have been watching them do it - Wagner can't pull out without it being spotted, and they can't fake it, since it would be spotted.  And Ukraine/NATO probably have a decent idea of how much ammo and arty is flowing into the Bakhmut area since you can't really hide a lot of that (they would see patterns with trucks, and trucks carrying ammo would be weighed down and going slower than most).

Prigozhin is a fan-fucking-tastic fall guy for Putin - he's operating outside of the Russian Army, Wagner is full of criminals that were in prison not that long ago, and he'd clearly rather be raiding gold or diamonds in Africa, since that's more lucrative. I wouldn't be surprised if Wagner/Prigozhin was forced into Ukraine either, like some kind of "we'll completely cut you off internationally, you will get no aid from us to get back to Russia, and we'll make sure that various countries hear about what you're doing and where you're doing it".

If they are luring Ukraine into a trap, it should have been easy enough for Ukraine to spot since Bakhmut is not that big and Ukraine has a helluva drone army.

But who is the Wagner dude even talking to?

I thought Russia was poor and cut off from the internet. 

4 minutes ago, Slacks said:

But who is the Wagner dude even talking to?

I thought Russia was poor and cut off from the internet. 

I feel like he's talking to his guys.  Like I said, no way that gets to Putin.

They aren't completely cut off from the internet - parts are filtered/banned (YouTube, etc.), except plenty of Russians are pumping out YouTube content, twitter, etc. through proxies, and Russian soldiers and milbloggers are constantly posting stuff on Telegram, etc.

And stuff gets out - the Russian Officers Killed in Ukraine twitter account, working with the OSINT folks, are able to verify a lot of dead Russian officers through Russian social media and websites that mention memorials/tributes, etc.

Stuff like this:

• Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, Stilicho said:

Serious question: how much of this sort of stuff penetrates Kremlin disinfo and gets to the actual Russian people?

This sort of demoralizing / meat grinder ass whipping they are getting has shades of 1917 to it.

I wonder if the truly horrific stuff is making it through, but there's plenty of pleas for help/ammo/etc., making it through, and soldiers are communicating with families (hell, the Ukrainians make contact with the families of Russians they capture, letting the Russians talk to their families). Every night on Russian state TV, there is bitching by various Russian state talking heads bemoaning this or that weapon system given to Ukraine or drawing fake red lines that deserve a nuclear response, etc..  The reasons why Ukraine was invaded have changed multiple times, and Russian talking heads on state TV have bitched about losing Kherson and Kharkiv, and never taking Kyiv or Odessa, so on some level they've got to have an idea that something went wrong.

Like I said, the Russian people in the 1980s got far less out of Afghanistan, but yet they knew something was wrong there and it was a meat grinder - even though fewer were serving in Afghanistan than are serving in Ukraine, the impact from the stories of the returning soldiers and mothers/wives bitching about lost husbands/sons (and economic issues) was a heavily outsized impact on the withdrawal from Afghanistan and even on the Soviet Union and its eventual collapse.  And those stories had to be passed along word-of-mouth.  Now Russian people can see some pretty horrific shit if they dig around enough, but I suspect many are just trying to keep their heads down, not be mobilized (or have a relative mobilized) and praying that it ends soon and without the collapse of Russia if Putin is ousted.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Not grim enough. That story speaks of survivors who returned. Enough of that.

You want some survivors to tell the tale.

The French sent armed convoys to resupply Dien Bien Phu.  The Viet Minh ambushed what turned out to be the last one attempted and stopped it cold.  They killed every single soldier in the convoy except one private.  He was sent back to tell his commanders what he had seen, and that the Viet Minh intended to do that to everyone opposing them.  Dien Bien Phu fell not long after, and the French scurried out of Vietnam, turning the reins over to their suckers, I mean allies, the US.  That private's story was France's 'Walter Kronkite after Tet' turning point. 

Leave one survivor to share the horror. 

Edited by Scheiss Meister

The French sent armed convoys to resupply Dien Bien Phu.  The Viet Minh ambushed what turned out to be the last one attempted and stopped it cold.  They killed every single soldier in the convoy except one private.  He was sent back to tell his commanders what he had seen, and that the Viet Minh intended to do that to everyone opposing them.  Dien Bien Phu fell not long after, and the French scurried out of Vietnam, turning the reins over to their suckers, I mean allies, the US.  That private's story was France's 'Walter Kronkite after Tet' turning point. 

One.
But only one.

Then, after he’s told his story….go find him and kill him too.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, statsman said:

Ukraine needs more time before it can launch a much-anticipated counteroffensive against Russia, President Zelensky said
https://www.wsj.com/articles/zelensky-says-ukraine-needs-more-time-before-launching-counteroffensive-55b36d6d?st=0gmdd19bbzetqu9&reflink=share_mobilewebshare

^^^^Even after D- Day, The Allies kept dropping counter-intelligence that Normandy was just a diversion and that the real invasion was still coming to hit Pas-De-Calais- which Germany (and especially Hitler) believed until the late July/ Early August brreakout finally ended any need of the subterfuge

There have been a lot of hints that the counter-attack has been going on for more than a week,  telling Russia that they havent attacked yet is just gonna drive them crazy thinking they are losing ground to "not the attack" is the kinda shit Russia hates

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

“Do we take prisoners?

No. Kill all they send… and they will stop coming.”

• Hook 'Em 1

More on the storm shadow cruise missiles being in play, which apparently they are.    

https://mil.in.ua/en/news/britain-supplied-ukraine-with-storm-shadow-cruise-missiles-cnn/

According to this, they are already in play.  Tech below:  Designed for precision strikes on stationary targets well behind enemy lines with a sophisticated warhead design.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

There have been a lot of hints that the counter-attack has been going on for more than a week,  telling Russia that they havent attacked yet is just gonna drive them crazy thinking they are losing ground to "not the attack" is the kinda shit Russia hates

You know some gamesmanship is going on with the telegraphing of the counteroffensive. When it truly begins is probably a matter of semantics, because if it hasn't "started" already, there are at least lots of shaping actions happening for the "start" of the offensive. 

My own .02 cents is that Ukraine is going to do a version of shock and awe on some sector of the front line at some point, and that is what will go down in history as the start of the counteroffensive. IMO Ukraine will have picked say a 50 mile sector of the front line and essentially mapped out all the Russian defensive layers. When Ukraine moves, first they send a shit ton of drones, artillery, rockets to take out AD, other key positions and serve as suppressing cover, while Ukraine moves with all the shiny new armor and some air support. If done well it could panic the Russians and collapse a much larger area a la Kharkiv.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

More on the storm shadow cruise missiles being in play, which apparently they are.    

https://mil.in.ua/en/news/britain-supplied-ukraine-with-storm-shadow-cruise-missiles-cnn/

According to this, they are already in play.  Tech below:  Designed for precision strikes on stationary targets well behind enemy lines with a sophisticated warhead design.  

While this is a major boon for the UKA, this is not going to be a true hammer on the Kerch bridge until the summer offensive gets about 1/2 from their current lines (max range would be a linear distance somewhere over Tomak) to Melitopol.

What is much more interesting is that max range to Sevastopol would be somewhere over the island chain west of Kherson.

Off the top of my head, the starting of easy targets would be in the Crimea would be:

Rail and Road bridge north of DZhankoy (approx 150 km form the front) would force all rail traffic from southern Crimea to use the western rail route

Sarky Airbase in Novofedorvka (approx 100 km from the front) is one of the longest runways in N Crimea and home of the naval air units of the Black fleet

Then just take out every major E/W rail bridge and the rail yards in Luhansk, Donetck, and Marriupol and you would cripple all movement and resupply on the front with a dozen or so sorties.

Time it right and you could shut down all rail resupply and reinforcement during the summer offensive and then funnel all road reinforcements into a path of your choosing by targeting specific road bridges...

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1