Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

37 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

These Free Russia guys are just like a mob of teens in a 1980s mall who stole the security guard's Segway and are roaming free shoplifting in packs.

I'm confused... so, are these teens in a 1980s mall in the 2000s?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I'm confused. We disagreed? What should I have said so that we are in agreement?

facetiously i say unto thee...  your post mentions taking rich land from russia, and that it should belong to japan... or half belong to japan... thus, there is already a disagreement amongst your own thoughts about who should 'take' that land.

essentially, another idea for a war that starts with an idea that somebody should take the land currently taken by somebody who probably can't keep it forever (as is always the case).

it was a random walk... no internet disagreement.

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

I was around malls in the 80s sir, and there were no Segways.  

pointing-leonardo-di-caprio.gif

It was the 80's. He was really high from smoking Mexican dirt weed and huffing glue. You can't expect him to have perfect memory. 

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Slacks said:

facetiously i say unto thee...  your post mentions taking rich land from russia, and that it should belong to japan... or half belong to japan... thus, there is already a disagreement amongst your own thoughts about who should 'take' that land.

essentially, another idea for a war that starts with an idea that somebody should take the land currently taken by somebody who probably can't keep it forever (as is always the case).

it was a random walk... no internet disagreement.

Gotcha. Quick history from wiki. The indigenous people of Sakhalin are the Nivkhs, Oroks, and Ainu minorities.

Japanese settlement on Sakhalin dates to at least the Edo period. During the Ming and Qing dynasties China considered the island part of its empire, and included the Sakhalin peoples in its "system for subjugated peoples". At no time though was any attempt ever made to establish an Imperial military presence on the island. Japan, concerned about Russian expansion in northeast Asia, unilaterally proclaimed sovereignty over the whole island in 1845. Russian settlers ignored this claim (and the similar claim of China), however, and, beginning in the 1850s, established coal mines, administration facilities, schools, prisons and churches on the island.

In 1855, Russia and Japan signed the Treaty of Shimoda, which declared that both nationals could inhabit the island: Russians in the north, and Japanese in the south, without a clear boundary between. Russia also agreed to dismantle its military base at Ōtomari. Following the Second Opium War, Russia forced the Qing to sign the Treaty of Aigun and Convention of Peking, under which China lost all territories north of Heilongjiang (Amur) and east of Ussuri, including Sakhalin, to Russia.

In August 1945, the Soviet Union took over the control of the entire Sakhalin and Kuril Islands. The Soviet attack on South Sakhalin started on August 11, 1945, about a month before the Surrender of Japan in World War II. The 56th Rifle Corps consisting of the 79th Rifle Division, the 2nd Rifle Brigade, the 5th Rifle Brigade and the 214th Tank Brigade attacked the Japanese 88th Division. Although the Red Army outnumbered the Japanese by three times, they could not advance due to strong Japanese resistance. The Soviets completed the conquest of Sakhalin on August 25, 1945, by occupying the capital of Sakhalin, then known as Toyohara. Japanese sources claim that 20,000 civilians were killed during the invasion.

Soviet-conquered areas of South Sakhalin and Kuril Islands were declared a South Sakhalin Oblast by the Soviet authorities in a decree issued on 2 February 1946.[20] Almost a year later, on January 2, 1947, the South Sakhalin Oblast was disbanded and included into Sakhalin Oblast, forming present-day boundary of the latter. On the same day Sakhalin Oblast was excluded from Khabarovsk Krai.[21] The Japanese who had been living there before mostly repatriated to Japan, but at least one-third of Koreans were refused repatriation; stuck on the island, they and their descendants became known as the Sakhalin Koreans.

The Treaty of San Francisco (1952) provides, that Japan renounces "all right, title and claim to the Kurile Islands, and to that portion of Sakhalin and the islands adjacent to it over which Japan acquired sovereignty as a consequence of the Treaty of Portsmouth of September 5, 1905". However, the status of the southern Kuril Islands remains disputed, as Japan doesn't consider them to be a part of the Kuril Islands (calling them "Northern Territories" instead) and, thus, claims sovereignty over them as "unaffected" by the 1952 renunciation. The issue remains a major strain on Japanese-Russian relations. Even now, no official peace treaty has been signed between the two nations.[22]

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I know there is a lot of misinformation floating around, and I  have a feeling the Russians that invaded Russia have retreated, but this stuff cracks me up

"They're building fortifications now. Soon we'll see Western analysts talking up how difficult Russia's forthcoming counteroffensive for Belgorod will be."

Old Men Laughing GIF by ABC Network

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I know there is a lot of misinformation floating around, and I  have a feeling the Russians that invaded Russia have retreated, but this stuff cracks me up

I believe the ones that attacked Gayvoron have left. There are several other raids going on along the Belogrod and Kursk borders. This is going to be an ongoing headache for Putin.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Why isn’t RU sending up a bunch of jets/choppers and mowing these dudes down?

The optics of the Russian military destroying a city inside of Russia to get at Russian invaders would be awesome. My guess though is the Russians that invaded Russia probably brought along some MANPADS.

18 minutes ago, The Dog said:

I believe the ones that attacked Gayvoron have left. There are several other raids going on along the Belogrod and Kursk borders. This is going to be an ongoing headache for Putin.

And should tie up a lot more Russian troops. As others have said, Russia had seriously neglected their border security, thinking they were safe in Russia (and knowing that they wouldn't be attacked by NATO).

And all of this is being watched by Ukrainian and NATO surveillance. They are seeing exactly where reinforcements are coming from, and the numbers of reinforcements. This may give them a better idea of the state of the Russian Army and/or its reserves, than anything else they've done lately.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

The optics of the Russian military destroying a city inside of Russia to get at Russian invaders would be awesome. My guess though is the Russians that invaded Russia probably brought along some MANPADS.

And should tie up a lot more Russian troops. As others have said, Russia had seriously neglected their border security, thinking they were safe in Russia (and knowing that they wouldn't be attacked by NATO).

And all of this is being watched by Ukrainian and NATO surveillance. They are seeing exactly where reinforcements are coming from, and the numbers of reinforcements. This may give them a better idea of the state of the Russian Army and/or its reserves, than anything else they've done lately.

This is almost certainly the plan. Russia pretty much has to respond, which significantly extends their defensive lines. It also potentially provides opportunities for Ukraine to snipe gatherings of troops and vehicles and observe / disrupt logistics.

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Everyone hates Russia, and everyone is coming for their pound of flesh.

Reminds me of the schoolyard bully in 6th grade. One guy stood up to him, got beat, but knocked a tooth out. After that everyone he'd bullied went after him. 

Russia

giphy.gif

• Haha 1