Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

40 minutes ago, B00M said:

I think this is supposed to be impressive but it’s just fucking sad

13 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

It’s like a living museum exhibit.

Yeah, saw somebody mention that they weee making gas turbines for tanks by hand for the first time in decades, and my first thought was “that’s not the flex you think it is” and second was “how good can they be if none of these people have done it in 30 years?”

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

45 and 50 year-old first lieutenants....so much winning.  There is one helluva lag over there that we've seen in the reporting of deaths, but I'm guessing these guys were from the Ukrainian counter-offensive.

Also the first guy was a "deputy company commander for political work" which makes me wonder if he was one of the "barrier troops" meant to stop retreating Russian soldiers, and if so, if one of them fragged him.

Looks like Lieutenant Sergy’s widow didn’t have the Ruble scratch to pay for some fancy medals.

• Hook 'Em 3

From CNN

But the Russian defense ministry published a video on Tuesday that appears to show Sokolov participating in a meeting with Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu and other Russian military leaders. CNN cannot confirm whether the man in the video is Sokolov, when the meeting took place or where was his video appearance filmed.

The Kremlin earlier on Tuesday refused to comment on the Ukrainian claim that Sokolov had been killed.

Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov earlier on Tuesday refused to comment on the Ukrainian claim that Sokolov had been killed.

“There has been no information from the Ministry of Defense. This is entirely in their purview and we have nothing to say here,” Peskov told reporters Tuesday during a routine call.

Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

It’s like a living museum exhibit.

There is a foundry in Birmingham where they teach students about this and do interactive demonstrations, not because its a skill we need to people to have, but because it's an important tie to our past and educational  In watching that video, that's exactly what I thought of, except to say the student demonstration appears to be more professionally done.  I"m not an expert on this sort of stuff, but I don't think we've done things that way here for at least 40 to 50 years.  That's almost unbelievable. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

There is a foundry in Birmingham where they teach students about this and do interactive demonstrations, not because its a skill we need to people to have, but because it's an important tie to our past and educational  In watching that video, that's exactly what I thought of, except to say the student demonstration appears to be more professionally done.  I"m not an expert on this sort of stuff, but I don't think we've done things that way here for at least 40 to 50 years.  That's almost unbelievable. 

Well, it looks impressive to a nation of 17th century serfs.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, saw somebody mention that they weee making gas turbines for tanks by hand for the first time in decades, and my first thought was “that’s not the flex you think it is” and second was “how good can they be if none of these people have done it in 30 years?”

Exactly, it’s almost like trying to rebuild the Apollo program today without any of the original engineers … everything was hand drawn, manually machined, and hand fitted… maaaaybe doable, but fucking why? 

I just hope that as soon as this manufacturing facility makes meaningful progress it gets storm shadowed. I think I read it’s located south west of Moscow… 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, KYHorn said:

Post it. I saw something about it yesterday but if I recall correctly it wasn't a source I was familiar with.

https://www.businessinsider.com/russias-25th-army-bakhmut-destroyed-ukraine-spy-chief-2023-9?amp

I’ve seen links on several other popular sites, this was just the first link when I googled just now.  It looks like the term “pinned down” just means they’re not able to advance or maneuver, not necessarily surrounded or cut off from supplies.  I’m not sure how accurate that is or how big of a deal losing 15k dudes at once would be.  Even for Russia who is throwing meat into the grinder, losing an entire division seems like it would be meaningful.

Edited by Snake Diggity
  • Hook 'Em 4

10 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

Nothing on this thread of the report of 15,000 Russians pinned down near Bakhmut?

4 hours ago, KYHorn said:

Post it. I saw something about it yesterday but if I recall correctly it wasn't a source I was familiar with.

Think it came out of the interview with Budanev(sp?). He mentioned they were close to cutting off 15k reserves that had just been deployed there. Don’t think there was a timeline given, but it’s definitely not done yet

• Hook 'Em 3

53 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/russias-25th-army-bakhmut-destroyed-ukraine-spy-chief-2023-9?amp

I’ve seen links on several other popular sites, this was just the first link when I googled just now.  It looks like the term “pinned down” just means they’re not able to advance or maneuver, not necessarily surrounded or cut off from supplies.  I’m not sure how accurate that is or how big of a deal losing 15k dudes at once would be.  Even for Russia who is throwing meat into the grinder, losing an entire division seems like it would be meaningful.

In looking at the control map, I just can't see this being overly accurate.  There is a salient to north of Bakhmut, but it seems too large for the Ukrainians to pincer.  From what I gather (and I my understanding could well be wrong), the Ukrainians control the highlands over looking the area and can reign down artillery on the Russians pretty much everywhere near there.  Even though the city is completely destroyed, the Russians have a political stake in saying they have taken and control it.  I think the Ukrainians are using this against them to goad them into continuing to reinforce untenable positions, and subsequently they are slaughtering them (we saw that video a few days ago, yikes).  Basically, the more the Russians reinforce, the more the Ukrainians get to kill them, without a ton of risk to them.  Hyping it up would make sense under this scenario.  

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Thankyou!gif

This is exactly what I had in mind.

19 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

So three day operation lasting to 2025? These fucks are like aggy. Next year we will win. Or the year after. Or maybe after that. 

no big deal, just a forever war they’ve already lost. Keep sacrificing your nation’s future in a futile attempt to hold Crimea. Every month Ukrainian forces will more closely resemble a modern NATO military while Russia’s is continuously downgraded. Whatever Russia’s current (heavily revised) goals are, they can’t replace the equipment they’re losing. If their goal is to nuke crimea after they lose it, I suppose they’re right on schedule!

• Hook 'Em 4