Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

45 minutes ago, Saint Austin said:

Very pleasantly surprised by this. 

12 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Yea I think the hammer has come down from the BMDs.

Putin is bad for business.

No CR, but I'm betting it was a precondition to getting the support he needed from the reasonable section of his party

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

No CR, but I'm betting it was a precondition to getting the support he needed from the reasonable section of his party

Yeah, I don't see how I can't get too CR-y by commenting a whole lot more. He's talked about the need to separate Ukraine from Israel, which in principle I agree with, but in practical terms as a one issue guy - Ukraine - it concerns me. I have hope...but still have concerns. At least he's not speaking in Jim Jordan-esque language. That's significant progress to me. 

• Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I wonder how Turkey is feeling about giving up the F-35 for S-400 right about now. 

"Yesterday, the Russian Defense Ministry reported the shooting down of two ATACMS.

The source of VChK-OGPU described the reality ironically as follows:

'It is exactly like this. Two ATACMS missiles were destroyed as a result of a direct hit on the position of the Russian Armed Forces air defense group in Luhansk region and at the cost of 3 S-400 systems deployed there”.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Interview with a famous Russian singer. 

Tldr; these people are all genocidal batshit crazy 

Had a chance to watch a Russian journalist's interview with a prominent Russian singer Viktoria Tsyganova and her husband Vadim. These two reflect the shift to insanity among Russians I couldn't foresee. We're talking about people driven by Orthodox fundamentalism but with a twist. Their main working theory for the war in Ukraine is that Putin, who was fooled into starting the "Sacred Military Operation", is clearing the land of Novorossiya (i.e. Eastern Ukraine) to allow further resettlement of Jews into this area. Thus, Putin is making a mistake and is playing into the Jews' hands. But they still love and pray for Putin who is "not without a sin" but has the tools to bring Russia to glory. Any accusations of war crimes and murder, they brush off to the side, explaining that Russia is sick and needs cleansing and killings as a way to find indulgence and repentance. They cite the same exact sources as Putin does (Ushakov, Ilyin) when talking about Russian nationalism and the superiority of the Russian nation. 

Seemingly normal people on the outside, are just batshit crazy in reality. Scary stuff.

youtu.be/vjmBHn1bUBI

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 3

In the UN vote, Ukraine voted for condemning Hamas, and abstained on the vote calling for a cease fire (the U.S., Israel and 13 others voted against and it passed). I kind of get it- Ukraine is in the middle of an existential fight and doesn’t need to make enemies, Israel has unusual ties to Russia (there are a lot of Jews in Russia), but… it’s not a good look. 

40 minutes ago, statsman said:

In the UN vote, Ukraine voted for condemning Hamas, and abstained on the vote calling for a cease fire (the U.S., Israel and 13 others voted against and it passed). I kind of get it- Ukraine is in the middle of an existential fight and doesn’t need to make enemies, Israel has unusual ties to Russia (there are a lot of Jews in Russia), but… it’s not a good look. 

Hamas is aligned with Iran and literally just sent a delegation to Russia. It's not exactly a mystery. Ukraine came out fully in support Israel right after the terrorist attack.

Edited by Schulz2.0
  • Hook 'Em 3

45 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Interesting video on Russian tank reserves (Hint, they are running out)

Pulling out the 1950s stuff to use as short-range fixed artillery and/or troop carriers was a pretty good sign.

But them announcing that for the first time in 30 years, they were making turbine engines for tanks...priceless.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, morehornsepower said:

Serious/dumb question - why not target & take out the mine trawler?  Seems like that would be the best tactical move.  Only thing I can think of is that, strategically, maybe Ukraine *prefers* these types of attacks.  It's like shooting fish in a barrel...and Russia is happy to keep re-packing the barrel?

why take it out when it's making the slaughter easier?  It was clearing the way for them to be right in the kill zone.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1