Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

21 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

It’s not at all a credible threat and Russia knows that, which is why they use the wiggle word “responsible.” Russia knows and we know they won’t attack a NATO country for sending weapons and if they make the threat and don’t follow through they look weak. Afghanistan and Vietnam rules still apply. 

I think at this point the tide has turned so far against Russia it doesn't matter what they say.  Russia is going to Russia.  Back at the beginning when people weren't even willing to suffer luxury goods bans a overt threat would make them think twice but yeah now.  I think we are so deep in it we might as well be fighting it.

2 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Sad day for aviation buffs. There was an unconfirmed report last week that she was heavily damaged, but looks like the government confirmed yesterday. 

This time could you put in a small shower? Maybe with a little bench because sometimes I like to sit down

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

https://rusi.org/explore-our-research/publications/commentary/mysterious-case-missing-russian-air-force

Interesting article about where the Russian Air Force is.  It basically said they think the Russian's foolhardy trip into Syria recently depleted their ammo and now when they need the most they don't have them and can't get more. They also think that they don't feel confident that thjeir own Anti-air units can distinguish between their planes and the Ukrainians since they're pretty similar. 

I believe it is a maintenance issue also (parts, fuel, etc ?)...Tanks are enough trouble to keep going (just in peacetime) but aircraft are even worse. Everyone can put something in the air for a short time but over a sustained campaign, that grows even larger. 

When Viktor Belenko defected to Japan with his MIg 25 in 1975, not only was it a coup for the US and the west to get much needed info on the aircraft, but if you  read his book, the one thing that stood out to me was the lack and maintenance for the aircraft but also the low morale of the enlisted that worked on them. He notes in the book that they always had a fuel shortage for flying due to the troops drinking the aviation fuel cuz there was lack of vodka or any other spirits provided to them. Yes, that was 45 years ago, and things could definitely change over that span, but the lack of overall air superiority makes me wonder if this still might be an issue. Lots of soldiers (look like poor, uninformed conscripts) being captured.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, NAVY said:

Some of you might recall that I'm part of the leadership team of an UT Austin chapter of a Health and Human Services (HHS) organization. Our network consists of more than 200,000 national volunteers. The general organizational goal is to improve the health and safety of our local communities. Most recently that revolved around covid response. 

We met last weekend and one of the topics was disaster preparedness. Given the current international situation, please take some time and consider what you might do in case of disaster. This is more than just having a go bag. You need to really think it through and there are details you won't think to consider. The Texas Department of State Health Services has a well organized website created by subject matter experts to help. https://texasready.gov 

Stay safe, look out for each other and Hook 'em 

I grew up in the 80's and learn about the wilderness from Oregon Trails.  My disaster kit is filled with ammo.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, GabrielsHorn said:

We all say shit on the internet like this, but this isn’t the internet. Its the fucking UN and he’s saying some real shit, not something outlandish for effect. The fact he woundnt mention Hitlers actual name out of respect for the floor makes his remark even more pointed.

Fucking big time words.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

We surly armchair commanders didn't think about a how much fuel a convoy of that size needs. No fuel and they are useless after firing what they have.

There was some discussion about this early on. But yeah, I thought they would not use trains. Well here is to the Ukrainians blowing them up. 

Just now, InkaUtexas said:

There was some discussion about this early on. But yeah, I thought they would not use trains. Well here is to the Ukrainians blowing them up. 

I don’t think it was their first choice really, at least not at first. That would be something you could pull after you secure some territory and have forward offensive positions conducting sieges- not when you still don’t have low level air superiority. Its an either real stupid or real desperate move imho… 

• Hook 'Em 1

Juliia Mendel the FMR Zelenskyy spokesperson making the rounds and she said: “He is I afraid. He loves his family and has them in mind when he makes his decisions BUT these are his people and he will not abandon them.” Badassey. Yes I also tweeted at him last night so there’s that. But hey so is the world right now. 

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

Not sure how real that vid is. Supposedly Ukraine blew up all the railroad tracks into the country but may have only been between Ukraine and Russia. don't know tracks between Ukraine and Belarus. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Before and during last years storm, a neighbor close by was bragging about his generator, fuel, solar panels, food stores and the like....saying how no big deal, he was good and ready for any thing that could happen mother nature wise. Prior to all the boasting, his wife had called mine one night (I was working) about how she thought someone was breaking into her house. My wife helped her check things out AFTER she told her to call the sheriff. The conversation that night and the next day revolved around having/owning some personal protection. She stated her and her husband DID NOT and WOULD NOT own ANY firearms....

So any way, should I NEED any extra food stores, generator, or the like, I'm pretty sure I might know a place to go.

LOL, exactly.  And honestly, with that mindset, they probably shouldn't as they would never learn how to use it.  How to store it.  How to clean it.  They'd probably wind up just hurting themselves.  

4 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Dude on the left is thinking about implementing his escape plan to his Santa Barbra, California villa.

4 hours ago, crash_davis said:

good read. what will the rich Russian assholes do?

Whine on state TV?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/sanctioned-russian-tv-host-cries-033357258.html

The impact of Putin’s war is starting to set in, startling even his most ardent state TV propagandists. It’s all fun and games till they seize your Italian villa.

That’s what one of the most prominent Kremlin propagandists found out for himself this week, after Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

In 2019, before he was poisoned and imprisoned, opposition activist Alexei Navalny and his team released a video report that revealed state TV host Vladimir Soloviev owns not one, but two villas in Italy down the road from George Clooney’s beloved estate on Lake Como. His neighbors have protested since he bought the property, even launching a petition in 2019 to try to get the local authorities to make sure he didn’t obtain Italian citizenship through his residency. The Kremlin mouthpiece known for constantly condemning Europe and the West for their supposed perversion and decay was thus exposed as an absolute hypocrite.

Last Christmas, Navalny’s investigative team, FBK, videotaped the state TV host’s luxury abodes and left him special gifts—Ukrainian chocolates, since Soloviev is also well-known for his years of anti-Ukrainian propaganda. The Kremlin’s talking head was enraged and complained about what he considered an outrageous privacy violation, but worse was yet to come.

Soloviev learned this week that the latest sanctions imposed against the Kremlin’s regime and its accomplices would impact him personally. His access to properties in Europe is now being impacted, and perhaps his ownership as well.

During Friday’s edition of The Evening With Vladimir Soloviev, the host raged: “I was told that Europe is a citadel of rights, that everything is permitted, that’s what they said… I know from personal experience about the so-called ‘sacred property rights.’ With every transaction I was bringing paperwork demonstrating my official salary, income, I did it all. I bought it, paid crazy amount of taxes, I did everything. And suddenly someone makes a decision that this journalist is now on the list of sanctions. And right away it affects your real estate. Wait a minute. But you told us that Europe has sacred property rights!”

Stunned and dismayed, Soloviev griped: “All of a sudden, now they say: ‘Are you Russian? Then we will close your bank account, if it’s in Europe. And if it’s in England, you’re allowed to keep no more than a certain amount there. Why? Because you’re Russian.” Prominent economist Mikhail Khazin chimed in: “And that’s if you have an old account. They won’t open a new one.”

Soloviev asked: “Is this the Iron Curtain?” Germany-based pundit Alexander Sosnovsky replied: “Yes, absolutely, the Iron Curtain in its worst manifestation, painted in LGBT colors.” This reference again exemplified Russia’s intolerance towards human rights and sexual minorities, which nonetheless did nothing to prevent Soloviev and other Kremlin propagandists from acquiring expensive real estate in what they consider to be degenerate, immoral Western countries.

Appearing on NTV’s program Our Own Truth (Svoya Pravda), RT’s editor-in-chief Margarita Simonyan boasted: “I’m not worried about sanctions, isolation, prohibitions or the dollar exchange rate. We used to live without iPhones, we can also do without Paris if need be. It’s wild to even contemplate that when the fate of the nation and the future of the world are at stake.”

As for those who say “No to war” and are ashamed that they’re Russian, Simonyan asserted, “I am ashamed that they are my fellow citizens.”

Attempting to deny Russia’s intensifying war against Ukraine, Simonyan claimed: “Nobody is fighting against Ukrainians! We’re liberating Ukraine!” She followed up with another ludicrous claim: “No one is bombing peaceful Ukrainian cities!”

In her tirade, Simonyan derided those who were caught unprepared or complained that the Kremlin was taking too long to act with respect to Ukraine. She said, “It’s clear that such actions don’t get planned willy-nilly and you need to be prepared for them, including in the economic sense. When we listened to the Security Council… [Mikhail] Mishustin [Prime Minister of Russia] uttered important words: we can imagine what kind of sanctions there will be. We anticipated them and we’ve been getting ready. That also took time.”

Simonyan described various preparations undertaken by the Russian authorities for years, directly undermining the talking points that attempted to link the timing of Russia’s invasion with the “embarrassing” U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan.

• Hook 'Em 1

I feel a bit naaive for posting this but was already aware of the geographical interest Russia had with narrowing their NATO defensive front over the Eastern European Plain.  What was new to me is that Ukraine is also ripe with shale gas and potentially recoverable crude deposits.

Forward to 12:32 if the embedded timestamp in the link below doesn't work.

Cliffs: The 'breakaway' regions are precisely in the discovered rich oil deposit regions. Crimea has access to large gas discovered deposit regions. Russia is a large gas station economically. The entire region is crucial to land defense of the Russian state because geography. Ukraine'ss discovered/known oil/gas deposits would make them the 2nd most important in Europe after Russia and 14th largest in the world. Ukraine is set to compete with Russia selling to Europe and ripe for Western petrochemical partnership/development.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

US (Biden) said we will not be creating a no fly zone over Ukraine so that option is out for now at least. I didn’t figure it would happen though because we and NATO would be obligated to shoot down Russian and Belarusian shit.

There is really no reason to since RU doesn't own the sky.

4 hours ago, Orange&White said:

Totally coincidentally, half of them are former Unites States Navy SEALS who still possess all of their equipment.

While they are badasses, I feel like US Army Special Forces (aka Green Berets) would be better suited for extended infantry operations and working with and through the locals.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Anything is of course welcome, but damn guys, how old are those things?  Do they still work?

Old school LAW rockets

image.jpeg.a6ecf1e1778a1ee87f53d1934e679c40.jpeg

Cool side story: our Norwegian exchange daughter just finished her stint in the Norwegian army (kinda happy about that, as some of them are now being deployed to the Baltics).  She was a security officer on an airbase.  Not like "stand at the gate and check papers."  Instead, they did regular patrols on some pretty rough terrain.  We asked her to tell us about it, and she said "I can't tell you details."  Okay, but I mean, what were you doing?"  She says with a smile "hunting Russians."  The Norwegians know where the fuckery is.  They always have.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Keeping all Russians in Russia and not allowing them to travel to anywhere in Europe does seem harsh, but these are not normal circumstances. So, being that as it may, id like to say its going to be so fucking fantastic in Paris, Rome and Greece, this summer without these bitches there, holy fuck.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Know that we are all enjoying the positives, but it’s very likely to get much, much worse. 

It will.  When Russia takes the gloves off and goes scorched earth.....there will be a lot of scorched earth, cities in ruins, and dead Ukrainians.

And when Putin does that, he has lost.  Completely and totally.  That's the fucking shitty situation Putin is in -- if he loses, he loses.  If he "wins," he loses.  

Oh, and he won't even "win."  He won't stop continuing losses of Russian troops and equipment.  The Ukrainians can fight one hell of an insurgency with what they already have on hand.  And how are you going to hunt them down?  Every rock, every tree, is an insurgent.  Get bogged down in a war that will  continue to destroy your capability of fighting, and not be able to replenish your weapons because of sanctions including raw materials?  Yes, please.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

While they are badasses, I feel like US Army Special Forces (aka Green Berets) would be better suited for extended infantry operations and working with and through the locals.

Correct.  SEALS are primarily direct action teams.  SF guys are "force multipliers" and nobody in the world is as good at their job than they are.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

The amount of balls being drug across Russia’s face the last few days is staggering. Everyone just whipping them out all around the world except Ukraine because they don’t have to whip anything out like we are in Blazing Saddles and it inching closer to WW3.

toll-dimes.gif.2ba487c98c82af5a0a3e15fbb44ac3a3.gif

Edited by BachelorTrek
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Gravy Train said:

I feel a bit naaive for posting this but was already aware of the geographical interest Russia had with narrowing their NATO defensive front over the Eastern European Plain.  What was new to me is that Ukraine is also ripe with shale gas and potentially recoverable crude deposits.

Forward to 12:32 if the embedded timestamp in the link below doesn't work.

Cliffs: The 'breakaway' regions are precisely in the discovered rich oil deposit regions. Crimea has access to large gas discovered deposit regions. Russia is a large gas station economically. The entire region is crucial to land defense of the Russian state because geography. Ukraine'ss discovered/known oil/gas deposits would make them the 2nd most important in Europe after Russia and 14th largest in the world. Ukraine is set to compete with Russia selling to Europe and ripe for Western petrochemical partnership/development.

If that's true why didn't WE invade them?