Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

10 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Fuck this dude. 

In 2014, Russell Bonner Bentley was a middle-aged arborist living in Austin. Now he’s a local celebrity in a war-torn region of Ukraine—and a foot soldier in Russia’s information war.

I look forward to the upcoming tears and cries of "but I'm an American! Let me back into my country!"

• Drool 1

9 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Fuck this dude. 

In 2014, Russell Bonner Bentley was a middle-aged arborist living in Austin. Now he’s a local celebrity in a war-torn region of Ukraine—and a foot soldier in Russia’s information war.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/son-wealthy-businessman-foot-soldier-vladimir-putin-russia-hacking/

KdY1EZ.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, FartingMonk said:

Hawaii might be the one that gets screwed out of any state when it comes to gas.  They import a ton from Russia because of Jones Act.  

In the aggregate is seems Canada imports quite a bit from Russia (few hundred million/year), but the vast majority to them comes from us.  

1 minute ago, Constant said:

Good article explaining why Russia is struggling to take control of the skies. 

This was what I was worried about initially.  Damn glad to be see this happening

The lack of Russian fixed wing fighter and strike aircraft sorties has also allowed Ukrainian SAM operators and troops with MANPADS such as the US-made Stinger missile to engage Russian helicopter gunships and transports with significantly less risk of immediate retaliation.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

Seeing the Ukrainians are picking up EU planes today and could be operational within the hour. Hmmmm........ Would be nice if they were armed to go hit a certain column. 

Everyone knows the key to a good, static siege is to relinquish control of the skies...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Seeing the Ukrainians are picking up EU planes today and could be operational within the hour. Hmmmm........ Would be nice if they were armed to go hit a certain column. 

Fuck ya! This is what is needed right now. Light that fucking convoy up Ukrainians!

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Now that even freedom's freeriders like Switzerland, Sweden, and FIFA are on board, it's time for cartographers to step up.  Kick Russia out of Europe by moving the Asia/Europe line.  Not sure what to name Russia west of the Urals.  Asia Minor North?  Asia Minor Plus?  Asia Minor Diddler?  (Kalingrad = Asia Asterisk)

"Europe ends where Russia begins."

--Michael Scott

13 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

I understand what you’re saying. It’s likely to be a complicated process. I don’t agree that’s what hurts the most. 

A fiat currency collapsing like the ruble has is crushing to an economy. Especially one as reliant on imports and foreign currency as Russia’s. It’s not a ripple effect. It’s not even really a tsunami. It’s more like a giant meteor strike from outer space. Then you add all the steps being taken to end any sort of liquidity between Russia and the rest of the financial system. In this day and age of an economy built upon the assumption transactions will occur in a microsecond, this is a nuclear bomb. The key thing is how good the workarounds are, and how prevalent. Because there are going to be workarounds. You can’t completely seal up an economy like Russia’s, even less than you could Iran’s. Someone somewhere is going to figure out a way to take advantage of Russia’s predicament so they can profit off of it. 

But Russia’s standard of living is going to collapse. Businesses will quickly go bankrupt. There’s likely to be a great deal of food scarcity in Russia because of this. There will be no work available. If this keeps up, women and children are going to starve. It’s no joke. I’m not saying you’re completely wrong, but you’re also not giving the proper amount of weight to what has happened thus far. There’s a reason Putin is threatening nuclear war over these sanctions. 

There are a lot of Russian pensioners who won't be able to eat next month.  And there are a lot of middle-class Russians who are accustomed to vacations on the beach at Sharm al-Sheikh who just lost their life savings.

You don't have that kind of society-shaking event without civil unrest.  It's not going to happen today--people haven't really started to feel the effects yet.  But it's not going to take long.

To forestall the impact that this is going to have on Russian society, Putin needs to win this war in the next month and convince the West to rescind all sanctions.  And that's just not going to happen.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  That kid who graduated the shittiest high school you know of, but only because his teachers felt sorry for him and gave him a couple of sympathy D grades?  He's not too bad at video games, and as a result, he can take out a Russian armored column in a half hour.

So, they graduated from aggy? Do Javelins accept voice commands in a mixture of East TX twang and Ebonics? 

jeez, with aggy proof weapons we could take over the world.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

That's if we really know if the Russian air force is fit to fight.  If those columns go up in smoke then Vlad is going into full panic mode.

• Hook 'Em 1

The world at large seems to think Ukraine can hold them off. This is not CR but during the Obama Administration, their CIA Director said that they were reluctant to arm Ukraine with sophisticated weaponry (Javelins) for fear the technology would fall into Russia’s hands. The world is just handing Ukraine now what they can without regard for this now to help them fight and to win. This gives me hope that Ukraine can hold those fuckers off and defeat them. Not a criticism of the decision back then. It’s a statement in what is happening right now. Short of NATO firing weapons and aircraft at them or creating a no fly zone they are doing the most they can. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

The world at large seems to think Ukraine can hold them off. This is not CR but during the Obama Administration, their CIA Director said that they were reluctant to arm Ukraine with sophisticated weaponry (Javelins) for fear the technology would fall into Russia’s hands. The world is just handing Ukraine now what they can without regard for this now to help them fight and to win. This gives me hope that Ukraine can hold those fuckers off and defeat them. Not a criticism of the decision back then. It’s a statement in what is happening right now. Short of NATO firing weapons and aircraft at them or creating a no fly zone they are doing the most they can. 

The Ukrainian military in 2014 was no better than giving weapons to a bunch of cosplay dudes in college station. After Maidan it reinvented its military from bottom up. 

• Hook 'Em 3

28 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Falling further and further behind on this thread.

But has anyone mentioned the run on tracksuits and gold chains?

I heard a CNBC/Bloomberg//someone/biz reporter say "high-end electronics" specifically were showing a sales spike in ruskie-land immediately from the sanctions news, and did not give any other reasons. Remembered it because it was weird.

Just now, BachelorTrek said:

I heard a CNBC/Bloomberg//someone/biz reporter say "high-end electronics" specifically were showing a sales spike in ruskie-land immediately from the sanctions news, and did not give any other reasons. Remembered it because it was weird.

It's Russia, so Walkman and VCR's?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, texasdago said:

OK OK... I'll change it up.

Oh... and the oligarchs will fit right in with the Dallas thirty-thousandaires

I think that may be the housing transport-vehicle part of the rocket that contained all the cluster-bomb bomblets.

Or, maybe it is a rocket-dud. Fuck Putin!

Edited by BachelorTrek
  • Hook 'Em 1

Seeing if this link works.  Really appreciate some of the expertise in this thread.  The UT "A" team on all things Ukraine/NATO/Russia have cobbled together the all-star team panel discussion/Q&A on Wednesday as they are on-boarding real time updates from around the world.  Check it out if you can:

https://mailchi.mp/utexas/upcoming-events-1242571?e=9546114571