Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

9 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Read today that the conscripts are only given 4 magazines, which is only 3 additional reloads. That amount of ammo goes pretty quick if you're in a typical firefight. No wonder they're surrendering (well that and no gas, low food, and low morale).

When I was in Iraq and Afghanistan, I carried 9 magazines and 5 pistol mags

And in the unfortunate situation where you had to empty some/all of those, you probably knew how to get topped off again. I'm not sure that will be too easy for some of these poor bastards.

Just now, FartingMonk said:

Javelins so dummy proof.  US army infantry can use them

This.  That kid who graduated the shittiest high school you know of, but only because his teachers felt sorry for him and gave him a couple of sympathy D grades?  He's not too bad at video games, and as a result, he can take out a Russian armored column in a half hour.

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Hollywood would lose their minds over China. NBA too. Hollywood counts on the box office overseas as it’s been brutal lately. We could send Xenia Onatopp but James Bond sadly killed her as a Trojan horse though…

34EF7C0B-2820-4536-97F1-2CE0AA37A46F.gif

No offense, but Hollywood and the NBA are chicken feed regarding the symbiotic relationship between China and the US.  China is basically the US manufacturing base, outside of defense. They possess a ridiculous percentage of the world’s rare earth production. They are one of the biggest purchasers of US debt and saleable assets (all those dollars we spend on Chinese made goods have to go somewhere). 

China in many ways is just as dependent on the US for their continued economic growth. There are a lot of people on both sides of the Pacific who would prefer the two economies weren’t as intrinsically linked as they are. But getting them unlinked would not only be an excruciating process leading to a substantial decline in the standard of living for both countries - likely catastrophic, actually - but would also make the world a much more dangerous place for all of mankind.

Not saying I don’t wish the US was a little less dependent on China, because I do. But it’s one of those be careful what you wish for wishes. No one should be putting China and Russia in the same sentence in terms of isolating them. The economic consequences of this with Russia are going to be much more far reaching than we can imagine. This is a shock to the modern economic system of an unprecedented degree.  Russia is country of 144 million with a minuscule GDP. They are a factor in one industry - oil and gas - that the world still has the ability to fill the gap in production, although distribution isn’t seamless. 

Doing something similar with China would make the 2008 housing bubble seem like a golden age of economic prosperity. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

Friend of mine in Conroe sent me a video Saturday of a train hauling nothing but M1A2 Abrams tanks, headed towards the port of Houston. Got a message this morning that a US flagged vessel took priority loading delaying our shipments. Hmmm, wonder what that could be. Hopefully they never see action but at least they are going in the right direction if we do need them.

Might have been going to Beaumont. That was the departure point and where they were loading heavy equipment during the Gulf War

2 hours ago, Macanudo said:

It takes 20-45 days to get freight shipped across the Atlantic.     These are not going to Ukraine.   If they are indeed being shipped from Ft. Hood to Europe, they're going to sit in Germany or France.  

Crossing the Houston Ship Channel between East Bay and West Bay recently and we ran the registry number on a large LNG freighter just for grins. Saw that it was heading to Morocco and would arrive exactly two weeks later.

Now that even freedom's freeriders like Switzerland, Sweden, and FIFA are on board, it's time for cartographers to step up.  Kick Russia out of Europe by moving the Asia/Europe line.  Not sure what to name Russia west of the Urals.  Asia Minor North?  Asia Minor Plus?  Asia Minor Diddler?  (Kalingrad = Asia Asterisk)

1 minute ago, clapclapclap said:

Now that even freedom's freeriders like Switzerland, Sweden, and FIFA are on board, it's time for cartographers to step up.  Kick Russia out of Europe by moving the Asia/Europe line.  Not sure what to name Russia west of the Urals.  Asia Minor North?  Asia Minor Plus?  Asia Minor Diddler?  (Kalingrad = Asia Asterisk)

North Ukraine?  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Has the EU stopped buying Russian gas yet? Because all these other sanctions are likely manageable (if painful) and expected by Putin. I would think that’s not something that can turn in a dime, but that’s the economic pressure that would really hurt the most. 

No, and that's troublesome.  Neither gas nor oil were included.  In fact, here's a pretty scathing article about it

EU Financing Putin's aggression

The European Union's foreign policy chief Josep Borrell said the bloc's dependency on oil and gas from Russia has to decrease immediately. Russian oil exports continued to flow to Europe and onwards on Friday, even as Russian sellers and Western buyers said they struggled with payments, banking guarantees, and shipping after the West imposed sanctions on Moscow for attacking Ukraine, according to traders, port agents, and shipping data obtained by Reuters.

We pay a very high bill to Putin and this money is being used to finance his military aggression.

Edited by BabaYaga

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  That kid who graduated the shittiest high school you know of, but only because his teachers felt sorry for him and gave him a couple of sympathy D grades?  He's not too bad at video games, and as a result, he can take out a Russian armored column in a half hour.

Yeah.  It's kind of scary how realistic the video games are when it comes to loading and reloading.  I was teaching my ex's kid how to shoot during the beginning of the.pandemic.  I figured it would be a few hours of dry firing and all that stuff.  Nah.  He got the basics pretty damn fast and I asked him where'd you learn he said it's exactly like the video game.  

The javelins are where we are at in a society and it's scary.  Let's make it as easy as possible but lethal as possible.  Someone thought of literally melting the metal on top so it leaks into the tanks and scalds those dudes to death 

Fuck this dude. 

In 2014, Russell Bonner Bentley was a middle-aged arborist living in Austin. Now he’s a local celebrity in a war-torn region of Ukraine—and a foot soldier in Russia’s information war.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/son-wealthy-businessman-foot-soldier-vladimir-putin-russia-hacking/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

8 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Has the EU stopped buying Russian gas yet? Because all these other sanctions are likely manageable (if painful) and expected by Putin. I would think that’s not something that can turn in a dime, but that’s the economic pressure that would really hurt the most. 

Canada has stepped up. 

https://www.reuters.com/world/canada-foreign-minister-says-more-sanctions-coming-against-russia-2022-02-28/

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Fuck this dude. 

In 2014, Russell Bonner Bentley was a middle-aged arborist living in Austin. Now he’s a local celebrity in a war-torn region of Ukraine—and a foot soldier in Russia’s information war.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/son-wealthy-businessman-foot-soldier-vladimir-putin-russia-hacking/

I, for one, would be Ok with this guy's severed head being on a pike.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Yeah, that's what they told us a LAW would do. They also told us they wouldn't send us into an irradiated area until it was "safe." :)

Anyway, I still remember the smart book drawing of how you're supposed to use LAWs in volley fire against a single tank. Low chance of any one of them doing much, but all at once, that'll make a dude spill his coffee vodka cup.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Buzzrock said:

I understand what you’re saying. It’s likely to be a complicated process. I don’t agree that’s what hurts the most. 

A fiat currency collapsing like the ruble has is crushing to an economy. Especially one as reliant on imports and foreign currency as Russia’s. It’s not a ripple effect. It’s not even really a tsunami. It’s more like a giant meteor strike from outer space. Then you add all the steps being taken to end any sort of liquidity between Russia and the rest of the financial system. In this day and age of an economy built upon the assumption transactions will occur in a microsecond, this is a nuclear bomb. The key thing is how good the workarounds are, and how prevalent. Because there are going to be workarounds. You can’t completely seal up an economy like Russia’s, even less than you could Iran’s. Someone somewhere is going to figure out a way to take advantage of Russia’s predicament so they can profit off of it. 

But Russia’s standard of living is going to collapse. Businesses will quickly go bankrupt. There’s likely to be a great deal of food scarcity in Russia because of this. There will be no work available. If this keeps up, women and children are going to starve. It’s no joke. I’m not saying you’re completely wrong, but you’re also not giving the proper amount of weight to what has happened thus far. There’s a reason Putin is threatening nuclear war over these sanctions. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Doc Reeves said:

Keeping all Russians in Russia and not allowing them to travel to anywhere in Europe does seem harsh, but these are not normal circumstances. So, being that as it may, id like to say its going to be so fucking fantastic in Paris, Rome and Greece, this summer without these bitches there, holy fuck.

This is another one of those things, like with the soccer stuff being pulled, Formula 1, and all the other things, that will reinforce to the Russians that Putin has made them pariahs.

Fuck this dude. 
[/url] https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/son-wealthy-businessman-foot-soldier-vladimir-putin-russia-hacking/

[/url]

He lived in fucking Round Rock not Austin. He’s a perfect Williamson County redneck.

He should have his citizenship revoked right before getting a double tap to the face.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2