Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

4 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Glad to see it to hopefully stamp down on the blatant propaganda , but who gets to pick how we determine “other state-affiliated media outlets”? The slippery slope here is obvious and leads to a cliff of  a potential one sided information paradigm by label large swaths of news government propaganda 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

This is seriously amazing. I hope she had someone waving a Ukrainian flag to alert any NLAWs in the area that it is a friendly.  

I'm curious how that would work. Fly a Ukranian flag to let everyone know it's been taken? What would stop Russians from using a Ukranian flag to avoid attack?

putin pulls out, that's gotta be absolutely humiliating and his grip on power drops as quickly as the ruble has.

concessions in the breakaway regions would save some face, but thats not what putins intentions were.

and the widespread, unified support of ukraine and condemnation of russia gives them all the negotiating power, they don't need to concede anything.

putin either has an A in the deck, or folds.. i'm not seeing a middle-ground here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

LOL, how convenient for the IOC.  After they gave the slap on the wrist and let Russia off easy, they want others to do the heavy lifting, full well knowing in 4 years they'll be able to pull some slap the wrist maneuver again.  Fuck them. 

2 years

the next olympics  is in 2024

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

It's not wishcasting at all.  For the first time, pretty much ever, the Swiss are freezing Russian assets.  My sister in law lives in Geneva - there's Russians with massive sums of money that are frozen.  They never thought that could happen and they are 100% panicking.  I don't give a shit who you are.  If you have dozens of billionaires losing 100's of millions of dollars each because of you, and only you...then yes, absolutely your life is in very real danger.  These are all facts.  Is it possible nothing happens to Putin?  Of course, but it's not wishcasting to assume he's in very real danger.  Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.  

This. I couldn't imagine a scenario where 99% of the world is united in a cause. Putin united us all! Cheers!

• Hook 'Em 3

I'm terrified of mission creep and the risk of nuclear escalation.  But think of our regrets for not getting more involved on Rwanda, Kosova, etc.  Navy SEALS are...vacationing...in Kiev.  Poland is donating fighter jets.  We're stacking up weapons and ammo at the Ukrainian border.  Our pretense of uninvolvement is gone.

So it's time to enter the air war.  NATO F15/16/18/22/35's and A 10 "Brrrrt's"  need to go take over the airspace and blow up anything with a white z on it.  

Edited by Parliament
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Parliament said:

I'm terrified of mission creep and the risk of nuclear escalation.  But think of our regrets for not getting more involved on Rwanda, Kosova, etc.  Navy SEALS are...vacationing...in Kiev.  Poland is donating fighter jets.  We're stacking up weapons ammo at the Ukrainian border.  Our pretense of uninvolvement is gone.

So it's time to enter the air war.  NATO F 15/16/18/22/35's and A 10 "Brrrrt's"  need to go take over the airspace and blow up anything with a white z on it.  

100% agree. I feel like it is our duty to assist. 

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

100% agree. I feel like it is our duty to assist. 

The civilian areas of many cities are being indiscriminately target with cluster and fuel-air bombs.  Both are war crimes.  Ukraine will win without our help, but we can't let Russia kill civilians.

We worry about it go nuclear, and we should.  The appropriate action isn't always easy, but it IS simple: When you don't know what to do, just do the right thing.

Edited by Parliament
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

I said long upthread that China is going to watch how the world reacts to this as a litmus test for an invasion into Taiwan or other "disputed" territories with their neighbors in Asia. I thought the world would be silent cucks but the world is rejecting this bullshit. Genocide within China's border is one thing. Invading a neighboring country may be the new line that you can't cross. Here's to hoping anyway.

1 hour ago, phdhorn said:

Good points, and of course I don't want to jump the gun or too broadly infer, but this seems to be a clear signal that China only goes so far.  One thing China will never do, unlike Mad Vlad, is to jump into something because it tickles their balls.  To quietly start lopping off Russian credits on about their only remaining good source of income is a subtle but decisive statement.  Like you, I'm hoping that the Chinese are seeing the amazing unification of NATO Europe and a lot of new trade customers, and responding accordingly.

I agree.  The one thing where it could get interesting is if the US somehow got dragged into an actual war in Europe.  If we started committing troops and engaging in actual combat, I could see China looking at that as an opportunity to test our two-front military doctrine that we've mostly maintained since the end of WWII.  If we were engaged with Russia in Europe, could we effectively stand against China making a move on Taiwan in the Pacific?  Maybe, maybe not, but that would be their real opportunity if it were to come to pass.

I don't think that is going to happen, and I think China has come to that conclusion as well.

12 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

2 years

the next olympics  is in 2024

I stand corrected on the timeline but they'll definitely be bending over whenever the time comes to punish Russia.  Fuck the IOC.  Fuck Russia.  

Just saw a kid getting chemo in a bomb shelter on one of the TV's in a patient room.  You want to talk about something infuriating.  I literally couldn't think straight after seeing that.  

• Rage+1 3

18 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Long lasting things going on....

excited the mask GIF

We are approaching the point in which everyone is pulling out of joint ventures with the big Russian state controlled/affiliated companies. As we continue to see this in the energy sector this makes me wonder if they are going to pull the plug on the limited SWIFT access they still have for natural gas for Europe.

We are slowly seeing the destruction of the Russian economy and few really grasp how bad it is going to get if this keeps up.

Next on the list will be internal bank runs on currency and limited defaults on internal payments for raw goods in their limited manufacturing industries…

Edited by Laxtonto
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Parliament said:

The civilian areas of many cities are being indiscriminately target with cluster and fuel-air bombs.  Both are war crimes.  Ukraine will win without our help, but we can't let Russia kill civilians.

We worry about it go nuclear, and we should.  The appropriate action isn't always easy, but it IS simple: When you don't know what to do, just do the right thing.

We could end this tomorrow.

This is a game of chess.  The Ukrainians are pawns and knights.  American airpower is the queen.

42 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

She’s a Russian woman, not Ukrainian. She is showing how to operate a Russian tank as she was in the military. I’m pretty sure this is an old video and has nothing to do with this invasion - it makes no sense otherwise. 

Edited by The Ace of Aces
  • Hook 'Em 2

We're in the tough position of either waiting for Putin to escalate the frequency and level of atrocities committed against civilians to justify the increase of NATO involvement or risking global catastrophe by involving NATO as a deterrent for future atrocities.

We know what our hearts and the Ukrainians want (need). But if the Ukrainians can bleed out Russia long enough, it can be avoided. We owe Ukraine a huge debt that can never truly be repaid.

• Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

We're in the tough position of either waiting for Putin to escalate the frequency and level of atrocities committed against civilians to justify the increase of NATO involvement or risking global catastrophe by involving NATO as a deterrent for future atrocities.

We know what our hearts and the Ukrainians want (need). But if the Ukrainians can bleed out Russia long enough, it can be avoided. We owe Ukraine a huge debt that can never truly be repaid.

The bolded.

They are fighting a heroic fight.   There will be awful costs.  But it is the right fight, being fought by the right party, the right way.  Let's stay in this thus far quite successful lane to reach the end goal.

• Hook 'Em 3

We should absolutely not implement a no-fly zone. Whatever we do, the number one goal should be no nuclear war and the risk is too great. What Russia is doing in Ukraine is a travesty, but we’re making it painful (although not equitably painful) on them. 

• Hook 'Em 5

17 mile long convoy of Russian trucks now about 15 miles from Kyiv. If ever there was a chance to do something by US and NATO it’s right fucking now. Air raid sirens going off in Kyiv. Plow the road damnit. Take the tanks out before it becomes a bloodbath. They just asked our congress for more weapons and stingers and anti tank shit. Praying my ass off for a miracle. 🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй
3 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

We could end this tomorrow.

This is a game of chess.  The Ukrainians are pawns and knights.  American airpower is the queen.

no, we can't.

let's say NATO/US goes in tomorrow with air power - it isn't like the Russians are just going to turn tail and leave. NATO entering increases the likelihood of this conflict still occurring 12 months from today tremendously. oh yeah, and NATO entering the fight just validates everything Putin has said in the last 10 years about UKR, and it galvanizes his support internally and pushes him to another level of being willing to do some heinous shit (which he absolutely has done in Chechnya over the last 20!!! years)

the man literally orchestrated the bombing of his OWN people in their OWN apartments, killing 300+ and pushing them into the Second Chechen War, making Putin way more popular and that through line (and his power) run to today.

as bad as shit is today, NATO enforcing a no fly zone over most/all of UKR makes things several orders of magnitude worse the literal second they start enforcing it.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Nicole44 said:

17 mile long convoy of Russian trucks now about 15 miles from Kyiv. If ever there was a chance to do something by US and NATO it’s right fucking now. Air raid sirens going off in Kyiv. Plow the road damnit. Take the tanks out before it becomes a bloodbath. They just asked our congress for more weapons and stingers and anti tank shit. Praying my ass off for a miracle. 🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦

Drop leaflets and put Twitter on blast.  Tell them they have 24 hours and then do just that.

You'll have mass surrenders.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

And this is what I'm referring to.  We need to Brrrrrt that convoy into dust.

BT, you and I agree on many of the facts, but not the conclusions, and that's OK.  I hope we can still be friends.