Don't Call This Transgender a 'Sir'

Vic Mackey

45 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I don't know where that happened but that person looks a lot like a person that used to work out at the 24 Hour Fitness near me. Worked out in a sports bra. 

Do you even lift bro?....I mean m'am?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I hope they make him pay for damages to the display box

He's a "SHE"!!  DID'T YOU WATCH THE VIDEO??? DIDN'T YOU LISTEN TO HER??  QUIT CALLING HER A "HIM".  IT'S VERY CLEAR "HE" IS A "SHE"!!!  

What is your corporate number??  I'm going to report you to the LGBTQXYZ Community!!

• Like 1

I'm just curious, are you saying that because you feel the trans lady there is behaving appropriately? What on this thread do you find particularly objectionable?

I think she’s begging for trouble and is going about it all wrong. But I don’t think calling someone on their shitty behavior requires making fun of what is really an immutable characteristic and is easily construed as making fun of the class of people she belongs to - all for what? Cheap pos rep? Shallow laughs? That’s just as shitty if not worse than her behavior.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, troph said:

I think she’s begging for trouble and is going about it all wrong. But I don’t think calling someone on their shitty behavior requires making fun of what is really an immutable characteristic and is easily construed as making fun of the class of people she belongs to. That’s just as shitty if not worse than her behavior.

I agree but I legitimately don't see where that had happened when you posted. Maybe you were just predicting the inevitable but if something prior to that was objectionable, educate me.

40 minutes ago, troph said:

I think she’s begging for trouble and is going about it all wrong. But I don’t think calling someone on their shitty behavior requires making fun of what is really an immutable characteristic and is easily construed as making fun of the class of people she belongs to - all for what? Cheap pos rep? Shallow laughs? That’s just as shitty if not worse than her behavior.

Are you lost? This is the Lulz board. 

2 hours ago, troph said:

Message boards were built on shallow laughs. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, troph said:

well you still overreacted and I hope after you cooled down you apologized to that poor clerk. 

• Like 4

well you still overreacted and I hope after you cooled down you apologized to that poor clerk. 

He asked, I answered. And for the record the only folks who misgender me at all are y’all. The only place I have to stand up for my people on regular basis is here and against potty Patrick at the Texas lege. But then y’all are Internet tough guys so it’s not a shocker.

The woman acted liked an entitled ragey bitch. I wouldn’t want to spend 2 seconds of my life talking to her, but she’s still a her.
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 hours ago, troph said:

He asked, I answered. And for the record the only folks who misgender me at all are y’all. The only place I have to stand up for my people on regular basis is here and against potty Patrick at the Texas lege. But then y’all are Internet tough guys so it’s not a shocker.

The woman acted liked an entitled ragey bitch. I wouldn’t want to spend 2 seconds of my life talking to her, but she’s still a her.

Serious question for my own education...

This woman was clearly a man at birth and she now identifies as a woman.  I know that some in the cross dressing community do not identify as women (there is a dude in KC who cross dresses but will fight you if you call him a woman) even though they dress as women.  How is the clerk supposed to know to say "ma'am" or "sir" without causing a stir?  I have zero issue with calling someone what they want to be called, but I don't feel like I can communicate with certain communities because it is impossible to even approach them based on dilemmas like what I have described.

If I were to call this person "ma'am" and she is just a cross dresser who is a man then I'm going to get yelled at.  If I call her "sir" and she is a woman then I'm going to get yelled at.  The easy solution is to avoid this community altogether, but in this case the community was brought to the clerk's doorstep and he has no choice but to step out on the ledge and essentially guess right while being accosted.  Based on the context of the video and her saying "I'm very clearly a woman" (or whatever it was) I'm guessing she didn't identify herself prior to that comment and just assumed that everyone would know who she was, just like the clerk assumed her gender.  So how does the public at large fix this situation?

Edited by Jhawk
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, troph said:

Troph- I will ask the following seriously looking for an opinion, not to mock, and apologize up front if it is offensive. It's not intended.

Is there a time period when someone is transitioning that if they are still very masculine looking, that unless they are looking for "stares" or "a reaction", that they shouldn't dress outwardly in traditionally female clothes?  To many, it could almost seem that they want a confrontation whether it be a misunderstanding or from someone being a jackass. 

I think that you and I  have talked about things before at the other site, not about whether or who is right or wrong, but for many of us old folks, what a change this is to our world view in how we were brought up, trained from a religious background, to even a medical/psychological professional standing.  In some ways, trans is harder to comprehend than orientation, because while I cannot judge or say to whom you are attracted to by gender, the outward change of clothing or identity still seems very culturally oriented or biased. Think of a society were men happened to wear skirts and women wore suites or pants.  It doesn't mean anything other than local cultural norms.  With power dynamics changing so much in the past 20-30 years in the workplace or authority, this makes the trans idea or position (without a non-normative orientation) ever more difficult to understand for many.  Again, I'm trying to understand, not judge or bust balls  (yea, that was on purpose... lol)

As an aside, years ago I had a gay friend tell me, and I'm not sure that I fully agree or not, that what scares most traditional uptight folks is not the outlandish Dore Street Fair gay pride parades with the over the top craziness.  That is easy to make fun of.  He said what scares or is hard to accept is the normal couple of dudes or chicks who buy the house next door and get up and go to work and mow their lawn and walk the dog just like me.