Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

42 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Why do all these illegals come over here in the first place?  Two reasons: (1) there’s no wall and (2) they hate our country and want to vote in our elections, for Democrats.  

Think about it.  If there was no wall around Disneyland and you wanted to ride Splash Mountain, would you sneak into the park and only ride it once?  No!  You’d ride it over and over again, as many times as possible so that no matter how many natural-born American citizens lined up to ride, they wouldn’t be able to.  And the next thing you know, the illegals would be in charge of Disneyland and Mickey Mouse would be forced by MS13 to turn It’s a Small World into a combination abortion clinic / warehouse for guns confiscated from law abiding citizens.  

Is that what you want?

This is already happening, bro.

The President of the United States declares American democracy is rigged.

We are a tame people to put up with this. We are represented by lap dogs. 

We, the opposition need a leader. We need someone to call a march. We need someone to articulate fury. The baby-boomer haters should rise.

We Dem voters need to primary anybody that will not call for impeachment. Every. Day. Every. Fucking. Day. 

I'm with Warren. Let's make 'em vote. Let's make everybody be very clear about with whom they stand. No need to hold out for the election to serve as the instrument to eject the villain. He's already undermining the voice of ballot. And he gets cheered for it. And he has the gall to call people opposing him America-haters.

Trump delenda est. 

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Well fuck, I guess I can scratch England off the list of places we'll move to when Trump gets re-elected.

When we were in Vancouver in 2017, I got dragged into a few political conversations with randoms. I fully expected to get accosted about him and told everyone my thoughts on him which are well documented here. Of course I hate him; I'm not a greedy prick, a racist, an idiot, or scared of change. To my surprise, a lot of them looked at him as a cult of personality that they were envious of. Several comments along the lines of "I wish our government stuck up for us  like Trump does", yada yada. Got the same thing with an Uber driver that took us to Heathrow.  Older black guy. And you're seeing Trump-like figures get elected here and there with increasing frequency all over the world.

This stuff is pretty frightening. Not sure where is safe from the wave of anti-intellectualism that is en vogue right now. Germany and France were pretty staunchly anti when we went, I guess.

It will pass. Eventually.

Odd. Every Canadian I've met hates the guy. In Ireland last year, I drank beer with a couple Canadians for a couple hours and we all agreed that Trump is disgusting and reflects horribly on the US. Every other person we talked to about Trump over there felt the same. England may be different.

trump loves boris.  says he's heard comparisons between himself and boris.  he says this isn't surprising, because boris will be great and he (trump) is very popular over there (the uk).

in related news, trump's most recent approval rating there is at 21%.

https://www.newsweek.com/how-popular-donald-trump-uk-presidents-favorability-rating-far-lower-barack-obamas-1441803

4 hours ago, bolverk said:

As a reminder of the type of people drawn to the organization he was addressing:

And, of course, that racist Kid Kyle Kashuv who was barred from Harvard was their director of high school outreach.

5ce69991210000af0ed0ec7c.png?ops=scalefi

I'm sure there's an innocent explanation for Trump using the "okay" sign in front of that audience, and it's just a hilarious misunderstanding.

I swear you guys see racism everywhere!   They clearly say “Light Power”, meaning they are seeking to promote environmentally friendly solar based energy solutions. Then the young woman says “Fuck the neggers” meaning she is sick and tired of being neg’ed on Surly for her pro environmental views.  She is so confident in her progressive views and knows that one day soon environmentalists like her will “ Run the Country”.   We should be applauding, not rebuking these fine youths.

Has anyone come across some sort of clearinghouse/scoreboard on this administration?

Something that would be categorized, like Environment, Economy, Foreign Relations, Regulations, Other world leaders, other national leaders, etc.

First column is what he has said about the issue/person in the past.  Second would be what he claimed to have done, third would be what he actually did and lastly the impacts, short and long of actions/inactions?

All those things can be backed with citations, quotes, tweets.  The impacts section can cite several different opinion pieces.  

Just seems there has got to be a compendium out there that we could use to support arguments.  Or remind us of things done already that have slipped out of our memory by more recent gaslighting and deflection.

This shit is too depressing sometimes. It's like if Gregory Peck played Ace Ventura and then died. Dignity and poise just went away. Our third act devolved to fart humor because caucasians got too nervous and desperately grasped for a messianic dictator like a security blanket while they anxiously sucked their pacifier. 

• Like 3

First column is what he has said about the issue/person in the past.  Second would be what he claimed to have done, third would be what he actually did and lastly the impacts, short and long of actions/inactions?

This should be run in daily ads until the election.

9 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

I think the only flaw with this strategy is that there are second and third columns. You aren't reaching half literate, sleeveless dipshits if it can't fit on a bumper sticker. Rhetoric that can't be chanted in unison is useless to them. You'd have to do something loud and outrageous to get them to look at your chart, like hold it out of the window while you did donuts at the Lincoln Memorial. 

By 2028 the candidate who just revs a diesel engine instead of talking will skyrocket in the polls. 

• Like 1

Next spring, he'll start peppering in little mentions of how the WH has been informed of certain irregularities in election machines and D campaign research. Probably nothing to worry about but your fav President will be keeping an eye on things just in case....

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

I think the only flaw with this strategy is that there are second and third columns. You aren't reaching half literate, sleeveless dipshits if it can't fit on a bumper sticker. Rhetoric that can't be chanted in unison is useless to them. You'd have to do something loud and outrageous to get them to look at your chart, like hold it out of the window while you did donuts at the Lincoln Memorial. 

This cannot be emphasized enough. I'm perfectly capable of teaching HS calculus.  That doesn't mean I should try to teach calculus to 5th graders.  

"Deplorables"

"Republicans"

"Trumpkins"

"MAGATS"

Whatever.  Write them off.  

WRITE.

THEM.

OFF.

Stop talking about them.  Stop letting them interfere with discussions about strategy and tactics.  Get them out of your head.  They don't exist.  They are ephemeral, useless mammals with no sentient thought, and should be ignored as such.  Fuck 'em.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MidTexHorn said:

Odd. Every Canadian I've met hates the guy. In Ireland last year, I drank beer with a couple Canadians for a couple hours and we all agreed that Trump is disgusting and reflects horribly on the US. Every other person we talked to about Trump over there felt the same. England may be different.

we had a french exchange student living with us last year (working on her phd at Jackson school).. she actually made me feel not so bad...

i'd feel horrible, some stupid,  disgusting shit we'd be watching had happened one (EVERY) day and i'd say 'you know he does NOT represent the majority of americans, more people voted against him than for him! please tell your friends at home that!'

and she would say they knew, none of them actually thought he 'was America', that they commiserate with the 'beautiful people of this country'. 

i'm sure some are reading this and thinking 'fuck those Europeans, who gives a shit what they think? 'Merica, fuck yeah!'

well, I care. i'm embarrassed for my country. GWB was dumb and easily manipulated and made some terrible, terrible mistakes, but i believe he is kind and had a good heart at his core. Trump is a gross, disgusting, evil imbecile with a shriveled turnip for a heart. 

Edited by mchookem
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Has he actually blocked it yet? Is there a court order denying the request or is it all tied up in court?

It's still a delay game. I haven't seen anything to suggest it's not destined to come out.  

Quite the nexus of vices/criminal activity, suspicious relations with Deutsche Bank, and individuals who share a personal relationship.

Donald Trump, Jeffrey Epstein : party years together / sworn affidavit for alleged rape of same girl at Epstein's den.

Donald Trump, Jeffrey Epstein, Robert Kraft, : Jupiter/ Palm Beach/Mar-a-lago sex trade

Donald Trump, Jeffrey Epstein, Jared Kushner, RUS mob : Deutsche Bank money laundering/ shady loans

• Like 1

1 hour ago, retread said:

Next spring, he'll start peppering in little mentions of how the WH has been informed of certain irregularities in election machines and D campaign research. Probably nothing to worry about but your fav President will be keeping an eye on things just in case....

He's going to make damn sure those claims are never actually investigated, just like he will make sure that Hillary never gets locked up.   He needs fodder for his followers, and he can't have that if his claims are proven wrong, or Hillary is actually in jail.

15 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

How can you support Trump, read his tweets for two+ years on the Russia Investigation, and think to yourself, “That is definitely the statements of a completely innocent man.” ?!?  

I look forward to the inevitable political backlash to Trumpism.

I hope it is fucking loony tunes left wing.

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I look forward to the inevitable political backlash to Trumpism.

I hope it is fucking loony tunes left wing.

I doubt the Democratic establishment allows that to happen.

As Trump rage tweets with fear and desperation, I hope we can all appreciate the rationale behind the memo the Justice Department and Robert Mueller used to not indict a sitting president. 

The rationale is indicting a sitting president would be a distraction from the President’s very important duties as head of state. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

We Dem voters need to primary anybody that will not call for impeachment. Every. Day. Every. Fucking. Day. 

Anyone in either party who is not advocating for Trump to be immediately removed from office is part of the problem.  

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Anyone in either party who is not advocating for Trump to be immediately removed from office is part of the problem.  

If Trump were somehow a Democrat--holding everything else the same, he would have been out of office already.

1 hour ago, horncyclist said:

If Trump were somehow a Democrat--holding everything else the same, he would have been out of office already.

Correct.  And don't think for a minute that if the Dems get someone in in 2021 that the Rs won't immediately be looking to open an impeachment inquiry.  Because reasons.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Correct.  And don't think for a minute that if the Dems get someone in in 2021 that the Rs won't immediately be looking to open an impeachment inquiry.  Because reasons.

And it keeps working for Rs over and over again, but moderate Ds are still somehow afraid of doing anything.