Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

26 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

the stand up comedians for conservatives all pose as white trash. ron white, jeff foxworthy, larry the fucking cable guy. "blue collar comedy tour."

I'll be touring the South with my "You might be a Russian asset if..." shtick. 

Maybe that should be the approach. 

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Not his call.  He can broadcast from his toilet or whatever, but Pelosi controls the actual, traditional SOTU event.

TRUMP'S DHS is the one that designated the SOTU a specific type of security event requiring the full resources of the federal government to protect it.  Shutdown = can't pay Secret Service = no traditional SOTU.

30 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

it's simple: it's because conservatives DON'T want to think outside the box or challenge accepted norms. that's the very heart of conservatism. and it's only calcified with MAGA. there's this idea that the greatness of america was post-wwii era. there was a lot of great things going on then.

for white, conservative america.

the stand up comedians for conservatives all pose as white trash. ron white, jeff foxworthy, larry the fucking cable guy. "blue collar comedy tour." bunch of fake ass rednecks spooning stupid comedy to mouthbreathers. "you maght be a redneck if you come to our comedy show." yuck yuck yuck.

At least Reagan conservatives could make jokes about the Russians. Now they don't even have that anymore. 

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

TRUMP'S DHS is the one that designated the SOTU a specific type of security event requiring the full resources of the federal government to protect it.  Shutdown = can't pay Secret Service = no traditional SOTU.

I hope it's more that Nancy Pelosi is saying, "This is my house and you, Mr. President, can get bent."

7 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Not his call.  He can broadcast from his toilet or whatever, but Pelosi controls the actual, traditional SOTU event.

True. The President is actually invited by Congress to do that. Can Mitch do it or is it the Speaker of the House that does it? It's been a long time since high school civics

But Pelosi knows that the alternative to Democratic compromise isn’t necessarily paralysis. It may be Democratic triumph. Trump, like Bush, has picked a fight that is popular with conservatives but unpopular with the public at large. Most Americans don’t think there’s a border crisis, don’t support a border wall, and blame Trump for the shutdown.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/01/why-nancy-pelosi-wont-compromise-border-wall/580516/

38 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

it's simple: it's because conservatives DON'T want to think outside the box or challenge accepted norms. that's the very heart of conservatism. and it's only calcified with MAGA. there's this idea that the greatness of america was post-wwii era. there was a lot of great things going on then.

for white, conservative america.

the stand up comedians for conservatives all pose as white trash. ron white, jeff foxworthy, larry the fucking cable guy. "blue collar comedy tour." bunch of fake ass rednecks spooning stupid comedy to mouthbreathers. "you maght be a redneck if you come to our comedy show." yuck yuck yuck.

None of those are conservative comedians. And Ron white is one of the best in the business. 

49 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

A separate thread could probably be devoted to the subject. Different types of conservatives are unfunny in different ways. The humor of social conservatives generally manifests in racist or bigoted jokes against the perceived "other" and rooted in Ignorance -> Fear -> Intolerance -> Hate. "It's funny because it's true" doesn't describe this humor because their jokes are based on mistaken beliefs. They're usually religious and afraid of anything that might seem to question their ideology. 

The filthy rich conservatives are more rigid and stodgy, uptight, and aren't about to question the status quo, let alone poke fun at it. Questioning authority isn't something those in authority are generally good at doing. They're the subject of satire, not the authors of it. 

Both groups seem incapable of laughing at themselves. They tend to take things, and themselves, way too seriously. I don't know exactly what it is but it seems to me that good comedy reveals universal truth that everyone can understand, and isn't afraid to challenge accepted norms. Those aren't really hallmarks of conservative thought. 

Ever watched Last Man Standing?  The whole script is basically shit like this:

"So I saw a guy at the store today.."

"You sure it wasn't HILLARY!?"

*canned laughter*

Just no effort at all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

*canned laughter*

Just no effort at all.

That's why it got resurrected on Fox!

34 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Yea, no way he postpones. Especially now that she asked him to. He needs to keep up his rhetoric about the crisis and need for the wall. 

I don’t think she wants him to postpone which is exactly why she asked him to.  Why give him a chance to gloat after the shutdown is over that he won and the dems lost?  Because you know that’s exactly what he will do.

No make his fat ass get up there while everyone is still pissed to high heaven and let dotard do dotard things to get people even more pissed off.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

*canned laughter*

Just no effort at all.

Tim Allen. A convicted cocaine dealer.

That's a typical conservative nowadays.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

you're fucking kidding me. the entire premise of the blue collar comedy tour is to appeal to mouthbreathers. 

You're confusing working class and conservative. The other acts aren't my thing, but Ron white is fantastic and if you think he's for mouth breathers then you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Yea, no way he postpones. Especially now that she asked him to. He needs to keep up his rhetoric about the wall.

That's why she asked. Now he cannot move it and he will look like an idiot on tv telling his same old lies, that less and less people are accepting.

10 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

If I were her, I would invite him to a special House dinner.  In the meantime, I'd phone up Vicente Fox, tell him what was up, and have him donate money for tacos.  A lot of tacos.  Think along the lines of the McDinner the other night.  Arrange all the tacos on conjoined tables in a wall form.  Then invite in the media.  Tell them it's a wall.  A wall of tacos.  And Mexico paid for it.   

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, seven said:

You're confusing working class and conservative. The other acts aren't my thing, but Ron white is fantastic and if you think he's for mouth breathers then you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. 

jeff foxworthy's entire career is about stirring the conservative milkshake and making them proud of their ignorance. larry the cable guy is a completely contrived act. this dude used to have cable wire wrapped around his head. then he went full on get-r-done and i fully blame him for the guy fieri's of the world.

this guy sound like a redneck to you?

don't tell me this comedy tour wasn't completely contrived around hoodwinking a conservative audience.

i'll give you ron white. but he's definitely hitched his wagon to this audience.

59 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Yea, no way he postpones. Especially now that she asked him to. He needs to keep up his rhetoric about the crisis and need for the wall. 

Which is exactly why she is asking him to.

Aside: How do y'all suppose Trump would react if some dem congressman yelled out "You lie!' every time Trump lies in his address? Get him off the teleprompters, see where he goes.

26 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I don’t think she wants him to postpone which is exactly why she asked him to.  Why give him a chance to gloat after the shutdown is over that he won and the dems lost?  Because you know that’s exactly what he will do.

No make his fat ass get up there while everyone is still pissed to high heaven and let dotard do dotard things to get people even more pissed off.

Ahh, beat me to it.l

20 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

*canned laughter*

Just no effort at all.

Ugh. I've never seen it. But that's what you get from the anti-intellectual crowd, I guess. It's a very childish "us vs. them" mentality. Any insult against "them" is funny just because, regardless of whether or not it makes sense. 

A thread really could be devoted to the subject. We haven't even considered how sexual repression factors into the conservative psyche and how that restricts/inhibits their sense of humor, not to mention other social skills. 

48 minutes ago, seven said:

None of those are conservative comedians. And Ron white is one of the best in the business. 

I would make the argument they are more "conservative" than they are comedians. Ron White is the only one of those guys that has said anything amusing in the last 10 years. 

27 minutes ago, seven said:

Csb: my dad played 18 holes with Ron White at Barton Crrek and had no clue who he was. Someone had to tell him after the round. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, seven said:

Maybe Libertarian???

Well, you know, I don’t see anybody beating Hillary and for the Republicans, you have me scratching my head. Like a lot of people I didn’t think Donald had a long shelf life and I was proven to be completely wrong about that. I think there is a segment of this population that is really stupid. I’m talking about your meth people, your snake handlers, and those kinds of people. I’m asking those kinds of people not to vote for anybody. If you know you’re stupid, if you’ve been told by people that you’re stupid then don’t vote, please don’t vote. If you just want an “I voted” sticker, I’m going to put a bowl of them in every Dairy Queen in America, you just go get one and stick it on your shirt. Otherwise, you’ll just be negating a vote from somebody that actually gave it some thought.

https://beinglibertarian.com/ron-white-talks-presidential-run-rips-donald-trump-calls-ted-cruz-unqualified/

(CNN) — On the same day that an ISIS-claimed attack killed US service members in Syria, Vice President Mike Pence declared that "the caliphate has crumbled and ISIS has been defeated."
Pence's remark to the Global Chiefs of Mission conference at the US State Department came about an hour after the US-led coalition confirmed that American troops had been killed in an explosion in Manbij.

3 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:
(CNN) — On the same day that an ISIS-claimed attack killed US service members in Syria, Vice President Mike Pence declared that "the caliphate has crumbled and ISIS has been defeated."
Pence's remark to the Global Chiefs of Mission conference at the US State Department came about an hour after the US-led coalition confirmed that American troops had been killed in an explosion in Manbij.

Shite, maybe we need to first put up a wall over in Syria.

58 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Ugh. I've never seen it. But that's what you get from the anti-intellectual crowd, I guess. It's a very childish "us vs. them" mentality. Any insult against "them" is funny just because, regardless of whether or not it makes sense. 

A thread really could be devoted to the subject. We haven't even considered how sexual repression factors into the conservative psyche and how that restricts/inhibits their sense of humor, not to mention other social skills. 

Modern "conservative" humor really is the equivalent of this:

Cuz they're so darned stupid!

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

jeff foxworthy's entire career is about stirring the conservative milkshake and making them proud of their ignorance. larry the cable guy is a completely contrived act. this dude used to have cable wire wrapped around his head. then he went full on get-r-done and i fully blame him for the guy fieri's of the world.

don't tell me this comedy tour wasn't completely contrived around hoodwinking a conservative audience.

It's like no one's ever done that before.

sophie-side-by-side.jpg?w=1000&auto=form

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i'll give you ron white. but he's definitely hitched his wagon to this audience.

Again, you're confusing working class with conservative. And I don’t get this "hoodwinking" narrative, just because a comic might play better to a particular crowd doesn't mean they are tricking the audience. I really doubt the Larry the cable guy fans don't understand that his stage persona is a character. 

I just think you're coming at this from a very condescending pov just because it's not your style of comedy. 

If you want to bag on how bad conservative humor is, check out the recent "conservative snl" piece that had charlie kirk hosting and a slew of wtf sketches that include kid rock as a liberal being triggered at a picture of the signing of the dec of independence. 

https://freebeacon.com/blog/snl-for-conservatives/

The House is a separate branch of government and the President can't just show up and speak whenever he feels like it.  He has to be invited.  Otherwise he can deliver his remarks in written form.  I guess McConnell could ask him to speak on the Senate floor, but that would probably go over like a lead balloon with the GOP traditionalists.

1 minute ago, Bateshorn said:

The House is a separate branch of government and the President can't just show up and speak whenever he feels like it.  He has to be invited.  Otherwise he can deliver his remarks in written form.  I guess McConnell could ask him to speak on the Senate floor, but that would probably go over like a lead balloon with the GOP traditionalists.

Image result for tumbleweed gif

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Image result for tumbleweed gif

Well, now that treason is the new tradition.....it's a new day!