Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

Scum of a human being. He is feigning to murder someone himself so that he can join the club of murderous thugs.

How republicans allow this to happen is beyond comprehension. If you’re a republican and you are reading this, you’re a sick fuck too.

BUTTTTTT tan suits, brown people, basketball. Sick fucks, all of you. Sick fucks!!!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, texas08 said:

Scum of a human being. He is feigning to murder someone himself so that he can join the club of murderous thugs.

How republicans allow this to happen is beyond comprehension. If you’re a republican and you are reading this, you’re a sick fuck too.

BUTTTTTT tan suits, brown people, basketball. Sick fucks, all of you. Sick fucks!!!

2f89500a-7fab-4b86-94c6-585f3a0550d4_tex

1 hour ago, texas08 said:

LOL Cohen or Comey are going to mysteriously die in jail so he can join the club with Vlad, Lil Kim, and the rest.

33 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Santorum:  Trump lies all of the time, so why is it a big deal when he lies about Russia?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/rick-santorum-trump-lies-all-the-time-so-why-are-russia-lies-any-different?source=twitter&via=desktop

I was flipping during a commercial and saw this happen live. The look on Jeffrey Toobin's face was pretty funny. 

It amazes me anyone can take Rick Santorum seriously. He's a fucking clown of the highest order. 

50 minutes ago, Jograves said:

I was flipping during a commercial and saw this happen live. The look on Jeffrey Toobin's face was pretty funny. 

It amazes me anyone can take Rick Santorum seriously. He's a fucking clown of the highest order. 

That dude came in 2nd place in the GOP primary for President in 2012.

Let that sink in.

That might have been the beginning of this slide. 

Touche.

But that was a choice by McCain.  It was vote for the ticket or don't vote.

Republican voters willingly almost made Santorum their nominee for POTUS.   By voting for him when there were other Republican options. 

Just now, suddenly shaggy said:

Fuck CNN for putting Santorum on the air. They know full well what he's going to say. Trump wouldn't be able to pull this off without MASSIVE incompetence by our media. 

It's not incompetence. They are in the business of selling advertising. They are going to do whatever it takes to improve their ratings and generate ad revenue.

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’d put the beginning of the slide in the mid 1960s when the racist South realigned with the GOP and never looked back.

I'd put the beginning of the slide at about the time we founded a nation based on freedom and liberty while allowing certain human beings to be owned as chattel.

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

All cable news ratings are dogshit. That's not the point. The point is they are in the business of selling ads, not delivering news.

The free market is saying CNN sucks. It’s also slowly rejecting Fox News and embracing MSNBC.  

Why do you think that is? 

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/january-2019-ratings-msnbc-is-home-to-the-no-1-show-on-cable-news/392405

MSNBC was the second-most-watched network on cable television for the month of January. It also posted +14 percent growth in total day and +6 percent growth in prime time vs. January 2018.

Not only did NBCU’s politics-focused cable network post year-over-year total audience growth, but more Americans tuned into MSNBC for their late-night cable news fix than any other cable news network. Per Nielsen live-plus-same-day data, MSNBC was No. 1 in total viewers during the 9 p.m., 10 p.m. and 11 p.m. timeslots, anchored byRachel Maddow, Lawrence O’Donnell and Brian Williams, respectively.

The Rachel Maddow Show was the No. 1 cable news program for the month of January across all relevant categories. TRMS averaged 3.29 million total viewers for the month, which is the largest total viewer delivery for a 9 p.m. show in the history of the network.

The Last Word and The 11th Hour also set total audience records for a month, with the former averaging 2.57 million during the 10 p.m. hour, and the latter averaging 1.85 million during the 11 p.m. hour.

MSNBC also seems to have found something with Deadline: White House. Hosted by Nicolle Wallace, the show ranked No. 1 in total viewers during the 4 p.m. hour this month.

1 minute ago, Chooky said:

Even if I didn't know that Trump had a guy named Matthew Calamari in his sphere, in my heart, I always knew that there had to be a guy named Matthew Calamari and that he'd definitely look like this:

3LNYR7P3QFGDPOQGZ62JGXU4BU.jpg

Isn't it strange how nearly everyone in the Trump orbit looks like they were cast for the role they are in?  It's clear that appearances are more important to him than actually knowing stuff.

Just now, retread said:

CNN seems to have pulled back a little from having apologists like Santorum on their shows. I guess they feel like they have to give equal time.

Amanda Carpenter is one who will hold the Rs accountable to an extent. 

MSNBC has more conservatives on their shows than CNN or Fox News.  They’re just not cult 45 clowns like Santorum or Sebastian Gorka.

That’s why they’re winning. 

It’s not because they’ve embraced some liberal agenda. 

5 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Isn't it strange how nearly everyone in the Trump orbit looks like they were cast for the role they are in?  It's clear that appearances are more important to him than actually knowing stuff.

there's a reason:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/02/25/donald-trump-often-uses-central-casting-describe-those-around-him/2981978002/

WASHINGTON – Donald Trump is president of the United States, but the former reality TV star still frequently speaks of the people in his political orbit through the lens of show business.

On Monday, in telling of a 2017 encounter with Chinese President Xi Jinping, Trump described Xi's aides as straight out of "central casting."

And in case anybody missed the point, the showman applied a few hand gestures for special effect: Pulling his hands to his face as he mentioned the aides' glasses, Trump made two circles with his fingers and then strategically placed them around his eyes.

Showcasing his flair for drama, Trump regaled the nation’s governors with his tale of how he persuaded the Chinese president in 2017 to release three UCLA basketball players accused of shoplifting in Hangzhou, China.

Trump, who happened to be in Beijing at the time, said he broached the subject with Xi during a state dinner.

"I said, 'Mr. President could you do me a favor? Could you let the three basketball players out?'" Trump said in remarks from the White House’s State Dining Room.

Xi called over to aides, Trump said, noting the Chinese president has "got people standing behind him. Everyone is central casting – central casting. Glasses. Pad. Boom.”

Within two minutes, according to Trump, Xi returned and Trump continued his plea on the athletes’ behalf.

"I said it would be a great thing if you could possibly let them out," Trump said. "He goes, 'So be it. They’re out.'"

Call it diplomacy, showbiz style.

It's not the first time Trump has used the phrase “central casting” to describe people around him.

Trump repeatedly described Justice Brett Kavanaugh, then his nominee for the Supreme Court, as being from "central casting" as a way to express his surprise that Democrats objected to the judge following allegations of sexual assault. Kavanaugh was ultimately confirmed.

"I'm going to nominate you for the United States Supreme Court," Trump said during a rally last November in Tennessee, recalling a conversation he had with Kavanaugh.

"I said this is going to – you are so central casting. Great marks, great schools, the best everything, the best of everything."

Quite frequently, the president uses the phrase as a term of endearment.

"Is he central casting or what?" Trump asked during a Mississippi rally in October, calling Gov. Phil Bryant to the stage. "He's central casting."

The former reality television star used the phrase earlier on in his presidency at the same annual governors meeting – this time referring to Vice President Mike Pence. 

“And thank you to Vice President Pence. He has been so wonderful to work with. He's a real talent, a real guy,” Trump said. "And he is central casting, do we agree? Central casting. He's been great."

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

MSNBC has more conservatives on their shows than CNN or Fox News.  They’re just not cult 45 clowns like Santorum or Sebastian Gorka.

That’s why they’re winning. 

It’s not because they’ve embraced some liberal agenda. 

Disagree.  Strongly.  For all of the hell that CNN catches, it at least goes through the motions of trying to be a somewhat objective news outlet.  Most American consumers do NOT want that product.

Instead, they want a product that feeds their confirmation bias by direct IV injection.  Thus, the successful outlets are Fox and MSNBC.

Shorter version - there is no market for smart, because we're stupid.

11 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/02/25/donald-trump-often-uses-central-casting-describe-those-around-him/2981978002/

f671122d-833f-49ee-a96a-14d06784b591-EPA

Donald Trump, a former TV star, often sees those around him as 'central casting'

Edited by Chad Fuck
Looks like Hayden beat me to it.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Disagree.  Strongly.  For all of the hell that CNN catches, it at least goes through the motions of trying to be a somewhat objective news outlet.  Most American consumers do NOT want that product.

Instead, they want a product that feeds their confirmation bias by direct IV injection.  Thus, the successful outlets are Fox and MSNBC.

Shorter version - there is no market for smart, because we're stupid.

Do you watch MSNBC?

13 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

He's getting attacked from every gottdam side.  He's toast--campaign finances, taxes, inaugural committee--all without even discussing collusion.  Being elsewhere is actually his best option at the moment and Dotard probably doesn't even recognize it.  

Trump Inauguration Committee.

Trump Organization.

Trump Foundation.

Trump Election Campaign.

Trump Administration.

Did I miss any?

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Then how can you have a fair opinion of the current cable news channels? 

It's not like we're talking quantum physics here. It's pretty easy to understand how these networks operate without spending hours analyzing their personalities. All of them are terrible.

1 minute ago, TornACL said:

It's not like we're talking quantum physics here. It's pretty easy to understand how these networks operate without spending hours analyzing their personalities. All of them are terrible.

It’s easier to say that instead of giving thoughtful analysis.  They all could be better at providing information but they are all different. 

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s easier to say that instead of giving thoughtful analysis.  They all could be better at providing information but they are all different. 

Television is a dying medium watched by a dying generation. You're right that they're all different. They all take different paths to their ultimate destination of Awfultown.