Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Pretty dumb in the grand scheme but also pretty hilarious how pathetic he is.

Though a plaque at the club lists the president as the victor, the championship was actually won by a hedge fund manager named Ted Virtue. Trump didn’t even compete in the event, but when he ran into Virtue at the club on a later date, he challenged him to an impromptu nine-hole match for the right to the title. Virtue couldn’t not accept. Trump won. The title was his.

Rolling Stone: The 2018 club championship at Trump International is what Trump claims is his 20th club championship. You begin the book by essentially auditing his first 18, which he has long cited as proof that he’s a world-class golfer. You were able to debunk most of them, right?
Rick Reilly: Sixteen were lies. The amazing thing is that, I guess when you tell that many lies, you forget when you tell the truth. He had already told me how he does it, which is that he plays the first round whenever he buys a course and calls that the club championship. That accounted for a bunch of them. He told me that and then he goes on the campaign trail and says, “I’m a winner. This is why I’m a winner. Here’s proof I’m a winner. Vote for a winner. I’ve won 18 club championships.” He did a bunch of them that way. He did a bunch of them by winning senior club championships, which is fine but in no way is that the club championship. No way. Some of them were superseniors. Some he said he won and he wasn’t even at the course.

[In the book, Reilly tells the story of a time Trump played with sportscaster Mike Tirico. On a particularly tough par 5, Tirico smashed his approach shot 230 down the middle of the fairway toward the green, which wasn’t visible from where he hit the shot. Tirico knew he hit the shot of his life, but when he got up to the green, his ball was in the bunker. He found out what happened after the round ended. “Trump’s caddy came up to me and said, ‘You know that shot you hit on the par 5?’” Tirico said. “‘It was about 10 feet from the hole. Trump threw it in the bunker. I watched him do it.’”]

I'll admit that I don't know shit about golf. But how come I haven't ever seen Trump on some stupid "Battle of the Network Stars" type tournament with Robin Leach hosting?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

And it really is that simple.

When the doctor tells the patient "40% of your body is malignant tumor," the patient is going to die.  There's no alternate outcome.

Well, the progression is once the people in a democracy become too stupid to adequately oversee the democracy the people become enslaved by a totalitarian regime. That's the next step. We're already halfway there as this idiot is getting away with violating the Constitution pretty much every day. Not much longer before checks and balances 100% fail. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

1993: Wait! We have a plan! It incorporates the existing insurance industry and mandates individuals to purchase insurance. We just don't like this Clinton plan.

2000: Yay! We have the presidency, House, and Senate! We can finally not propose our health care reform plan.

2010: We are outraged you passed what we previously supported!

And that's why they don't have a replacement plan, because Obamacare is their plan. But they couldn't let a Democrat take credit for implementing a successful policy, let alone a black man, so they worked hard to prevent it from working in every way they could. Better that more Americans should get sick and die than for the first black president to have a positive, lasting legacy. 

• Like 3

Here's one additional force with standing to shape the health care debacle that has Trump's ear Trump by the balls:

Russian Oil Billionaires' Next Big Investment - American Health Care

^^^ That's from the Summer of 2016 when *certain associations* were aligning.  

Imagine if American health care was going to be structured by Trump/GOP in a way that was most favorable to maximize profits of Russian oligarchs instead of Americans' best health interests ?   feel better now ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foosters said:

Anastasis will be here shortly to politely remind everyone that once in 1993 Bill Clinton grounded his club in a hazard and didn't assess himself a stroke.

Meh. I am of the opinion that how one scores their golf card is a pretty good indicator of their character. 

6 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

The real news item here is the fact that he lied, repeatedly, about how much money PR received.

It's two-fold. They keep lying about the money PR received, and they can't help but think of PR as outsiders rather than Americans. 

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Pretty dumb in the grand scheme but also pretty hilarious how pathetic he is.

Though a plaque at the club lists the president as the victor, the championship was actually won by a hedge fund manager named Ted Virtue. Trump didn’t even compete in the event, but when he ran into Virtue at the club on a later date, he challenged him to an impromptu nine-hole match for the right to the title. Virtue couldn’t not accept. Trump won. The title was his.

Rolling Stone: The 2018 club championship at Trump International is what Trump claims is his 20th club championship. You begin the book by essentially auditing his first 18, which he has long cited as proof that he’s a world-class golfer. You were able to debunk most of them, right?
Rick Reilly: Sixteen were lies. The amazing thing is that, I guess when you tell that many lies, you forget when you tell the truth. He had already told me how he does it, which is that he plays the first round whenever he buys a course and calls that the club championship. That accounted for a bunch of them. He told me that and then he goes on the campaign trail and says, “I’m a winner. This is why I’m a winner. Here’s proof I’m a winner. Vote for a winner. I’ve won 18 club championships.” He did a bunch of them that way. He did a bunch of them by winning senior club championships, which is fine but in no way is that the club championship. No way. Some of them were superseniors. Some he said he won and he wasn’t even at the course.

[In the book, Reilly tells the story of a time Trump played with sportscaster Mike Tirico. On a particularly tough par 5, Tirico smashed his approach shot 230 down the middle of the fairway toward the green, which wasn’t visible from where he hit the shot. Tirico knew he hit the shot of his life, but when he got up to the green, his ball was in the bunker. He found out what happened after the round ended. “Trump’s caddy came up to me and said, ‘You know that shot you hit on the par 5?’” Tirico said. “‘It was about 10 feet from the hole. Trump threw it in the bunker. I watched him do it.’”]

"Let the Wookie win."

39 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

"Let them eat cake"

How I only wish that would happen. If democracy has any chance to survive it needs to happen. I just don't think Americans have the balls. A bunch of scared pussies clinching their guns watching out for republican conjured non-white boogeymen. 

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Trump is on my tv talking about his awesome healthcare plan, that will be revealed "when necessary". 

I was a teen when Bill Clements ran for governor (again).  We were in a budget crisis ($10 a barrel oil is not great for Texas), and his platform was that he had a "secret plan" to balance the budget.  Even at that young age, I knew that when a politician tells me he has a "secret plan," that means he has NO FUCKING PLAN.  At the time, I remember thinking "how stupid does Bill Clements think we are?"  He won.

How stupid does Trump think we are?  Plenty stupid.  And he's right.  He's a shoe-in for a second term.

36 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Trump is on my tv talking about his awesome healthcare plan, that will be revealed "when necessary". 

That means his plan will be to do nothing new or make minor changes to Obamacare and then take credit for the newly rebranded Trumpcare as a huge achievement.   See his plan for replacing NAFTA or his secret plan to quickly defeat ISIS. 

10 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

How does Trump know that the Mueller report doesn't detail the oranges of the investigation?  I saw Sarah Sanders on TV this morning saying that Trump still hasn't been briefed on the report. 

I was hoping a journalist followed him up with that questions, but he cut them off right after this rant (although I doubt they would have, as they never seem to ask him the appropriate question to pin him down). But he sure went on a rant about what is and what is not in the report, which is something for a guy who is supposed to have not read the report yet. 

32 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

What kind of human could actually believe this man?  He's not even trying to hide it.  If someone tried to persuade you with this kind of reasoning, you'd just laugh and move along.  Yet somehow we have 40%+ of the nation that thinks this is a perfectly rational form of discourse.  We are so broken.

24 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

God damn we elected the dumbest motherfucker possible.  I mean really, take a step back and look at what we did, objectively.  Donald Trump is president.  Donald fucking Trump.  What a god damn cartoon we've created.

What's most amazing to me is that tens of millions of Americans weren't already aware of what a sleazy buffoon he is. I've known since I was a teenager in the 80's, long before I knew anything about my own politics, let alone his, that he was a shady character. He was some sleazeball who was always showing up in the National Enquirer. I had no idea he was a willful participant in that scheme and that was his idea of self-promotion. 

I've watched his affairs and bankruptcies and sketchy business dealings. I've seen him as a punchline on tv shows. There was an episode of Cheers where Lilith and Frasier recreate their wedding for the sake of Lilith's mom and they hold the ceremony at the bar. Sam comes in and is pointed toward the gift table and he exclaims that he didn't know they were supposed to bring gifts. The response was, "Think nothing of it, Mr. Trump."

I've never had any respect for the man and it never had anything to do with politics. It's no surprise that I don't respect his politics. I just can't see how everyone didn't see this coming. It was entirely predictable given his well established shitty character. I thought everyone knew. 

That's been the biggest shock.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Is this the same woman that shows up in every one of these videos?  Or are all racists weathered, stringy-haired old bats?

And isn’t she the same lady who got fired for denying marriage licenses to gay couples?  

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

What kind of human could actually believe this man?  He's not even trying to hide it.  If someone tried to persuade you with this kind of reasoning, you'd just laugh and move along.  Yet somehow we have 40%+ of the nation that thinks this is a perfectly rational form of discourse.  We are so broken.

Trump is just strikingly the same chords as Christianity.  Life / health care might suck now, but keep the faith.  You’ll all be saved when the time is right and Christ defeats the Devil once and for all / Trump reveals his health care plan.

21 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Notice how the resident bootlickers are nowhere to be found to back up this b.s.? 

I still find the comparisons to Hitler to be trite and over the top, but Trump’s new “we have a super secret and super special health insurance overhaul that’s gonna change everything for the better.” Is starting to ring like Adolph near the war’s end promising a string of super weapons never before seen that would cement certain defeat for the Allies.  

And at least hitler developed the Horton