Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

I can't get my delivery guy from Hunan Lion to give me a receipt, and these guys are dumb enough to leave  paper trail of illegal donations from foreign adversaries?  

This sounds about as plausible as the $10mm I raised this weekend to jumpstart April, Wind Cancer Awareness Month

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Maybe it should be transparent. 

Oh, I like this idea very much.  BUt then it'll like whatever color your lapel is.

What about an awareness ribbon/lapel pin that's shaped like a windmill?  Like 3 or 4 spokes of the same color?  

I know some who are good people, who have zero inclination to keep informed, and who years ago started only watching Fox.   They need to be condemned for abdicating their duty to be an informed voter, but we've never had a country of informed voters.  It is a myth.

Part of the benefits to damaging education. You get fools to follow you.
  • Like 3

I enjoyed his Carnage and Culture, and his debates with Jared Diamond (author of 'Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies'), but he is the classic example of a smart guy who sees things and draws conclusions from his mastery of minutia in his sphere, but who is incapable of seeing bigger pictures in things outside of his expertise.  
In his Carnage and Culture last chapters about Vietnam he goes off the rails, and he can't apply  his theory about why Rome was successful in the day to the US and Vietnam war in the 60s as convincingly.   He is good at coming up with  historical broad brush arguments to explain why the West triumphed over the East (I agree with much of his conclusions).  But those same broad bush statements  - like the civil rights acts made everyone equal- do not serve him well in modern times, and show his abject failure to understand the most basic facts of the subject he is opining about.
Again, simple broad brush statements will  appeal to the Trumpkin set.  And a smart white guy who wrote some good books will allow them to say that blacks should quit whining and stealing meh jorbs

Yes they do Otto. They just don’t understand it.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'd like to know how the FBI managed to miss this hard drive, given the fact that they raided Cohen's office and his house.

Exactly what I was wondering.  I pictured the FBI as the fumbling mafia idiots in "True Romance"...they go through all the trouble of interrogating Cohen and basically ending his life as he knows it as they demand to know about these illegal campaign relationships.  In the end, there's a note on the fucking fridge saying, "Receipts for Chinese campaign donations" that they missed the whole time.  

Now I'm hearing the 14M files were among the documents returned to Cohen by the Feds . . . which invites the question "why wouldn't they have already found this information"?

I think this is most likely just Cohen grandstanding for a reduced sentence.  Whatever he thinks he has (and quite likely Congress doesn't have it), the Feds have it too and it's in Mueller's report.

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'd like to know how the FBI managed to miss this hard drive, given the fact that they raided Cohen's office and his house.

That’s inaccurate/incomplete reporting.  They didn’t miss it, they had it since the raid.  Cohen has just now been able to gain access to it again.  He’s claiming he can connect the dots on evidence contained there that point to more criminal activity.  Not sur3 if I believe him or not, but that’s the deal.

9 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

That’s inaccurate/incomplete reporting.  They didn’t miss it, they had it since the raid.  Cohen has just now been able to gain access to it again.

Right, I posted that later on one of these threads.  The original story made it sound like brand new information.

He’s claiming he can connect the dots on evidence contained there that point to more criminal activity.  Not sur3 if I believe him or not, but that’s the deal.

That would be interesting.

11 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

We'll see what the courts have to say. It's pretty straightforward.

I do not know what will happen, of course. But, what if the court orders the release of the returns, and Trump, backed by the AG and IRS, refuses? With 35% support, Trump defies the witch Hunt and says NO. 

Remember, he holds pardon power. What instrument of force shows up at IRS to seize the returns? What kind of a mob shows up to resist the deep state?

Chaotic scenarios ensue. But what do I know?

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

I do not know what will happen, of course. But, what if the court orders the release of the returns, and Trump, backed by the AG and IRS, refuses? With 35% support, Trump defies the witch Hunt and says NO. 

Remember, he holds pardon power. What instrument of force shows up at IRS to seize the returns? What kind of a mob shows up to resist the deep state?

Chaotic scenarios ensue. But what do I know?

I'd love for Donald Trump to defy a legitimate court order. That would be fantastic.

There are currently FIFTEEN “acting” cabinet members.

Working on the nation’s behalf doing sensitive and important work without senate confirmation.

That’s insane and unacceptable.

But, nothing fucking matters so what’s the fucking point, right?

And the new ACTING Secretary will be Kevin McAleenan, who is the current U.S. Customs and Border Protection Commissioner.

So I’m off to Google this shitbird to find out if he’s a grifter or a moron or a criminal or a predator or thief or a foreign agent or some new category of dirtbag we haven’t yet had foisted on us by this goat fuck rodeo of troglodytes running our country.

God Bless America.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

he'll resign the day he loses the election.  instead of a concession speech.  kind of a "you can't fire me, i quit" move.

If he loses the election then he'll declare it to be rigged and fraudulent and will challenge it in the courts. He and Fox News et al. will wage a propaganda campaign and 40% of the American public will believe that the election was stolen from him and that the new Democratic presidency is illegitimate.

If he does get removed from office, he will go on tweeting everyday as if he was still president in order to create more chaos and to dominate the news cycle. He may continue to hold rallies. He'll be even less stable than he is now. He's not going away quietly. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

If he loses the election then he'll declare it to be rigged and fraudulent and will challenge it in the courts. He and Fox News et al. will wage a propaganda campaign and 40% of the American public will believe that the election was stolen from him and that the new Democratic presidency is illegitimate.

If he does get removed from office, he will go on tweeting everyday as if he was still president in order to create more chaos and to dominate the news cycle. He may continue to hold rallies. He'll be even less stable than he is now. He's not going away quietly. 

If he loses, he'll leave, one way or another. He can scream and yell all he wants.