Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

7 minutes ago, achooloco said:

You seem to imply you approve of his morOnic posts. Is that true?

Trump’s tweets fall over a wide spectrum. Some can be persuasive or useful, some are harmful, some are pointless, some are distractions, some are just trolling. I think today’s thread falls under the trolling category. Why else mention staying 10 or 14 years more? Why talk about what a stable genius he is again? Just fucking with people. 

Now should a President be wasting their time with that? No. But that’s our world now. 

Edited by GRHorn

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Why else mention staying 10 or 14 years more? Why talk about what a stable genius he is again? Just fucking with people. 

Yeah, it couldn’t be that this delusional narcissist really thinks he should be King of America, right?  

Right?

4 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Trump’s tweets fall over a wide spectrum. Some can be persuasive or useful, some are harmful, some are pointless, some are distractions, some are just trolling. I think today’s thread falls under the trolling category. Why else mention staying 10 or 14 years more? Why talk about what a stable genius he is again? Just fucking with people. 

Now should a President be wasting their time with that? No. But that’s our world now. 

A world you support and encourage.

3 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Why else mention staying 10 or 14 years more? 

Oh, I dunno. To further normalize his autocratic behavior through simple yet effective repetition to his base being there's a real possibility he's going to get hammered by any of the various dozen or so investigations farmed out to federal courts by the Mueller Investigation once he leaves office?

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

So you don’t approve? Got it

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

And if history teaches us anything, it’s that we can trust the words of Donald Trump.

Seriously, though. It's not as if Trump supporters or apologists give him a fresh new benefit of the doubt at the start of each day, or even every few hours. It's a matter of minutes. GR's post was only a few post away from Trump just lying on autopilot, claiming there were lots of banks he could have borrowed from. It doesn't faze them.

• Like 1

the President of the United States of America has tweeted 21 times in the last 5 hours.

...among those tweets, Laura Ingraham, Fox and Friends, Bill Hemmer w/ Fox News and Jon Voight are referenced.

Edited by yoladu

On 7/10/2019 at 6:34 AM, tx 3 putt said:

Even though he was spot on, there was no way he could keep going on. Someone pulled a world class torpedo job on him. I’ll guess Putin backed hackers 

I'm not so sure this wasn't orchestrated. New regime w/Boris in power soon, why not blast dotard with the support of current regime? Ambassador is probably already making more $ in private sector.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Lol no shit? 

You know what the worst part of that article is?  This:

"On one occasion, Alberta reports Trump finally gave in to signing a 2018 spending bill that didn't include border wall funding only after Ryan agreed to give him time to build suspense on Twitter."

So government employees were sitting there wondering when they are finally to get paid, how they are going to make their mortgage payment etc...  while Trump was asking for time to "build suspense on Twitter."

3 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

Who are these people? We need some purging.

They keep reporting registered voter numbers.

That's not a really good metric. 

A ton of voters in 2020 aren't registered at the moment.

But hey, it's news.

Here's how he's really doing. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/?ex_cid=rrpromo

Edited by David Dennison

3 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

I’m really disappointed in Pelosi. The Dems are probably going to lose the House and the Presidency. Who’s leading this ship? What’s the plan? 

The House hasn't flipped in a presidential election since 1952.

So they're probably going to keep the House.

Edited by David Dennison

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

They keep reporting registered voter numbers.

That's not a really good metric. 

A ton of voters in 2020 aren't registered at the moment.

But hey, it's news.

Here's how he's really doing. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/?ex_cid=rrpromo

I’m still having a hard time that with all this stuff on him, accusations of sexual abuse and rape, and the way he treats people and overall incompetence, he still has at least a 42% approval. Mind boggling. 

Just now, Brandywine said:

I’m still having a hard time that with all this stuff on him, accusations of sexual abuse and rape, and the way he treats people and overall incompetence, he still has at least a 42% approval. Mind boggling. 

Cult of personality. That number is never going to change. That's why impeachment won't matter much from a political standpoint.

But they should do it anyway.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, retread said:

I think it's going to be very close. I also think he's going to keep upping the ante with his authoritarian actions. I don't think anyone is going to stop him.

I'd love to know how anyone can actually stop him from a practical standpoint. You can get injunctive relief in the courts, but how do you enforce it?

Nobody is reading the Mueller report.   Hopefully people tune in when he testifies.   But I think deep down, most people won't pay close attention and will decide that if the Dems don't impeach, he must not have committed impeachment-worthy offenses. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Nobody is reading the Mueller report.   Hopefully people tune in when he testifies.   But I think deep down, most people won't pay close attention and will decide that if the Dems don't impeach, he must not have committed impeachment-worthy offenses. 

Most people in this country also believe impeachment means removal.