Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Again, everyone ignores turnout.

If he gets 90% of the 40%, because cultists have fucking enthusiasm, and the remaining 60% turn out at our usual pathetic 55% or so, we lose.

We will lose.  We've already lost.  We have fucking homegrown terrorism murdering people here in our country furthering an ideology courted and championed by the governing political party.  That's game-over, people.  Fuck this fucking country.  We're a shithole, we did it to ourselves, and we deserve every bit of the pain and blood that's happening and what's more, the huge amount that is yet to come.  We managed to look back on a century of progress, and reach the inexplicable conclusion of "fuck that shit, let's be even WORSE."  A country that does that does not deserve to survive as a going concern.

lol. Never stop being you. I'm actually with you to an extent. I think if we don't see a recession, Trump is probably going to win again. But if a recession hits, he's screwed. Beyond losing independent pocketbook voters, that will depress turnout on his side.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If he gets 90% of the 40%, because cultists have fucking enthusiasm, and the remaining 60% turn out at our usual pathetic 55% or so, we lose.

We will lose.  We've already lost.  We have fucking homegrown terrorism murdering people here in our country furthering an ideology courted and championed by the governing political party.  That's game-over, people.  Fuck this fucking country.  We're a shithole, we did it to ourselves, and we deserve every bit of the pain and blood that's happening and what's more, the huge amount that is yet to come.  We managed to look back on a century of progress, and reach the inexplicable conclusion of "fuck that shit, let's be even WORSE."  A country that does that does not deserve to survive as a going concern.

there will be nothing like 1.5x turnout for the tards over the humans.  2018 out front should have told ya.

Most Trump supporters would follow him over a cliff and blame the Dems for it.   But there is a significant number of people who support him purely out of perceived economic self-interest, even while recognizing that he's a piece of shit.   They're even worse humans than his idiot cultists, but they could potentially abandon him. 

One subgroup of them won't because they don't want to pay increased taxes at any cost. But I think there's a subgroup that credits Trump with the current economy and will blame him if it collapses. 

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

Most Trump supporters would follow him over a cliff and blame the Dems for it.   But there is a significant number of people who support him purely out of perceived economic self-interest, even while recognizing that he's a piece of shit.   They're even worse humans than his idiot cultists, but they could potentially abandon him. 

One subgroup of them won't because they don't want to pay increased taxes at any cost. But I think there's a subgroup that credits Trump with the current economy and will blame him if it collapses. 

The economy is their cover.  "I mean, he says bad things on Twitter, and I wish he wouldn't, but the economy is great."

Bullshit  -- they get to say "I wish he wouldn't say bad things" because they have the "but the economy is great" clause to excuse their support for him.  But the truth is, they LIKE the shit he says, they AGREE with the shit that he says, and they LOVE that they can point to the economy to hide their true fucking evil.  When the economy goes south, they'll still support him.  Because guess fucking what -- they really DON'T have a problem with the shit he says.  They LIKE IT.

Quit believing that every one of these people isn't scum.  It's a waste of your time, and is embarrassingly naive.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Yep.

I mean everyone forgets how razor thin the margins were last time. We don't need large swaths of the population to flip from 2016. We need a few thousand here and a few thousand there. Contrary to popular belief on message boards and Twitter, there are people who voted for Trump (or stayed home) who can be flipped. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

i think these people are trying to influence trump as much as report.  they are saying "please keep doing normal president stuff like this instead of the garbage you normally do" by praising him when he does it.

he's irredeemable of course, but they are trying.

They should not try to become part of the news. They should just report events and offer the most correct analysis possible.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The economy is their cover.  "I mean, he says bad things on Twitter, and I wish he wouldn't, but the economy is great."

Bullshit  -- they get to say "I wish he wouldn't say bad things" because they have the "but the economy is great" clause to excuse their support for him.  But the truth is, they LIKE the shit he says, they AGREE with the shit that he says, and they LOVE that they can point to the economy to hide their true fucking evil.  When the economy goes south, they'll still support him.  Because guess fucking what -- they really DON'T have a problem with the shit he says.  They LIKE IT.

Quit believing that every one of these people isn't scum.  It's a waste of your time, and is embarrassingly naive.

Today is the economy. 

When the economy craps out, it will be because of "the judges." 

When/if Gorsuch or Kavanaugh doesn't do something they like on something monumental, it will be "well, he's not Hillary." 

There will always be a reason why they can excuse his shitty behavior. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm not saying they aren't scum.   Just the opposite:  if you are in on the racism and lies and autocracy purely for personal economic advantage, you are a worse human being than the complete idiots who have been hoodwinked.

But that doesn't mean that they will stick with Trump no matter what.   Just as easily as they joined him, they'll abandon him if they think it benefits them financially. That won't make them good people, but it could impact the election. 

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Today is the economy. 

When the economy craps out, it will be because of "the judges." 

When/if Gorsuch or Kavanaugh doesn't do something they like on something monumental, it will be "well, he's not Hillary." 

There will always be a reason why they can excuse his shitty behavior. 

You get it.

Stop thinking of Trump supporters as voters.  They're not.  They are cultists.  Trumpism has goddamned near every hallmark of a cult.  Ask yourself "what would a cultist do?", and you'll know what a Trumpkin would do.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Good to have you back Brisket.

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Good to have you back Brisket.

Well, you know, when you've been pointing out the obvious -- that we have a ruling party that's ringing the ethnic hatred bell as loudly as they can, we're going to see genocidal murders of brown people and right soon.....and then exactly what you said would happen is happening, for exactly the reasons you said it would happen.....AND you get the added joy of it happening in a community you're connected to, and you spend some of your Saturday visiting with folks you know to make sure they're okay.....shit, I'm surprised my outlook is as sunshiney as it is.

26 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

i think these people are trying to influence trump as much as report.  they are saying "please keep doing normal president stuff like this instead of the garbage you normally do" by praising him when he does it.

he's irredeemable of course, but they are trying.

I think you're dreaming. 

34 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

If he only gets 40% of the vote, he will lose badly.

40% of the people are cultists.  But factor in voter suppression, the electoral college, foreign interference, and  the enthusiasm the cult has for voting (assisted by the fact that they're in white, rural areas with short lines on election day), and he's not losing.

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

the huge amount that is yet to come

Brisket isn’t being hyperbolic here.  There is much more to come.  We saw this coming years ago, we were mocked as being crazy and hysterical.  I know it will get much worse because as the literal bodies are piling up by the day, we are still being mocked as crazy and hysterical by the posters on the other boards that choose to ignore the violence and the reasons behind them that have been staring us in the face since Trump came down the escalator.  

The shooter in El Paso was 16 years old when Trump announced he was running for president. He knows only Trump’s America.  There are many more of him currently in production.  This happened because of the choices our society made to elevate Trump to lead us and the subsequent decisions made by our other leaders to keep him in power.   

However, I choose to remain an optimist.  We will get through this, but I’m not under any illusions.  A very heavy price will be paid in the loss of more lives.  

The frustration and rage I share with Brisket is there’s not much more I can do except try to lead a better life and scream into the void praying the enabling bystanders wake up and soon.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

40% of the people are cultists.  But factor in voter suppression, the electoral college, foreign interference, and  the enthusiasm the cult has for voting (assisted by the fact that they're in white, rural areas with short lines on election day), and he's not losing.

Blah blah blah - Trump will be on the ballot this time, etc. - but remember, Democrats and Republicans were almost equally enthusiastic to vote in 2018 (with Trump off the ballot).  It will remain the same in 2020.  

Arizona: Democrats outvoted Republicans 50.37-48.66
Pennsylvania: Democrats outvoted Republicans 55.03-44.75
Michigan: Democrats outvoted Republicans 52.33-44.65
Wisconsin: Democrats outvoted Republicans 53.18-45.61

Win the state, win the electoral votes.  End of story.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Blah blah blah - Trump will be on the ballot this time, etc. - but remember, Democrats and Republicans were almost equally enthusiastic to vote in 2018 (with Trump off the ballot).  It will remain the same in 2020.  

Regardless of the data and indicators, I think the messaging strategy from here on out should one of playing from behind, way behind.  Because we are so far behind right now we can’t even see the finish line.  No more complacency or comfort statistics to give us a false sense of security. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

AZ is what the national press is missing.  There was a YUGE shift there between 2016 and 2018 to the point they elected a bisexual atheist to the Senate.  Fast forward to 2020 and they'll be voting against McSally (again) and a top notch candidate in Kelly.  

The fact is it will take an extraordinary amount of political discipline to defeat Trump in 2020. 

The Russia "collusion" angle has always been and will continue to be a huge error strategy-wise. I won't argue the merits of their interference, but looking to external factors to assign blame is a massive fuckup. We, as Americans, created this mess. We somehow allowed a know conman to get withing cheating distance (to borrow from Buttigieg) of the Presidency. 

We have to look within and say enough is enough. We fucked up our country and now we have to fix it. 100% of the focus should be on Trump and the GOP sabotaging any efforts to make effective change. Gain control of the Senate and the House, win the Presidency, remove the filibuster, and get to work. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

AZ is what the national press is missing.  There was a YUGE shift there between 2016 and 2018 to the point they elected a bisexual atheist to the Senate.  Fast forward to 2020 and they'll be voting against McSally (again) and a top notch candidate in Kelly.  

It's amazing to me.   I still think of Arizona as the place that had Jan Brewer and implemented that awful papers please law a short while ago.  Still, they have a GOP governor. 

16 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

40% + the folks who are juuust smart enough to not publicly admit to being traitors and who will pull the lever for R no matter what + foreign interference (with the current and active encouragement of Rs) + vote fixing by crooked Rs + R voter suppression of democratic voters = easy “win” for Trump  

i almost can’t believe people actually think it’s going to go down differently than that 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

40% + the folks who are juuust smart enough to not publicly admit to being traitors and who will pull the lever for R no matter what + foreign interference (with the current and active encouragement of Rs) + vote fixing by crooked Rs + R voter suppression of democratic voters = easy “win” for Trump  

i almost can’t believe people actually think it’s going to go down differently than that 

Yep. Inspired by the president's words and beliefs, an American just hunted down brown people 600 miles from his home. I'm sure we have no idea what atrocities are going to occur in '20. We are living under an authoritarian regime.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Toledo?  Did he seriously say Toledo?  GFL.  I'm surprised he didn't drop a T&P for Bowling Green.  

he did. Meanwhile, Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley said this when asked if the President would visit:

"I've heard that he's coming Wednesday, but I've not gotten a call. And you know, he might be going to Toledo. I don't know.

Edited by yoladu

9 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Toledo?  Did he seriously say Toledo?  GFL.  I'm surprised he didn't drop a T&P for Bowling Green.  

It's the Toledo shuffle. 

He'll be makin' like a bee line, headin' for the border line, goin' for broke
Sayin' one more hit ought to do it
This joint ain't nothin' to it
One more for the road

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

The Russia "collusion" angle has always been and will continue to be a huge error strategy-wise.

They fatal error with this analysis is thinking this was part of the democrats strategy.  It wasn’t.  It was Trump’s strategy the entire time.  It was the Republicans that kept breathing life into the Dossier when no one was talking about it.  It was Trump that relentlessly screamed “no collusion” every fucking day for two years.  The Republicans were driving the Russian narratives the entire time in order to create an unattainable bar the democrats had to prove to have any meaningful political consequences.  

The GOP spent more energy proactively muddying the waters with conspiracy theories and nonsense in order to drown out all the smoking guns that were uncovered in a non-political investigation conducted by...Republicans. 

The error by the democrats is they were cowards. They needed to crank their rhetoric up to eleven, take the media by the balls, call out the bullshit, raise some fucking hell and give no quarter to the horse shit coming out of the White House because the truth was on their side.  They got played instead because they allowed themselves to get played.  No one wanted to lead any kind of meaningful fight among the democrats because that would involve political risk.  They failed us just as much as the Jeff Flakes and Paul Ryans.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 2

Today our hearts go out to the victims in Eagle Pass and Denton. You know, whatever. Get off my back and pull Tito Ortiz up on Skype so I can show everyone I'm cool with brown fellas. Draw up an executive order that says every town is now called Springfield and every state is named The Simpsons. It'll be easier to remember and people will stop whining about getting the next shot up city right. Make it where Baltimore is now called Doo Doo Darkieville, though. Time to push back.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/4/2019 at 2:38 AM, Bobby_Batronic said:

Btw, walk around telling people that we're in some kind of low grade civil war between the forces of white nationalism and some greater, enlightened society ( or insert woke term here) and about 85% of Americans will look at you like there's a horn growing out of your head.  As they should. At some point the left might, maybe(hell, who am I kidding?)  realize that the way to combat batshit craziness in the WH is not to try and out batshit it by an order of magnitude.

On 8/4/2019 at 3:45 AM, Bobby_Batronic said:

No Hugo, you’re conflicting issues. One being your batshit crazy notion that there’s a civil war between white supremacists and whoever . . . When you tag on that there’s a war against brown people and that the president is the leader of a white supremacy movement? Yeah, you’ve spent too much time in the echo chamber of the cloak room being supported by other batshit crazies. 

23 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

No. It’s nice to not subscribe to batshit crazy as an ethos. 

22 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

One crazy person’s manifesto does not make you a target. 

21 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

They're not widespread.  You're tilting at windmills. Let's pretend for a moment that there's 10 million hardcore White nationalists in the county.  There's not. But even so that's like 3% of the population.  

21 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

I don't tweet.  I don't have a twitter account.  I don't spend a lot of time paying attention to the absolute garbage that issues forth from the President on any given day.  But I am pretty sure that anything he's said that makes you think of white nationalism is being grossly misinterpreted to fit your needs.  He says a lot of stupid shit.  Everyday.  In fact, I'd prefer it if he'd just shut up, because I agree with some of his policies, but can't stand him as a communicator.

Btw, the white nationalism, brown people are targets, we're in a civil war hyperbole is a pretty sure way to lose the next election.  It's batshit crazy and doesn't play well with the non fringe members of you party.

On 8/1/2019 at 6:15 PM, JimmyJames said:

Don’t know about the rally but later tonight and this weekend there will be a significant increase in hate crimes and harassment directed against non-whites. 

2 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

Haven’t checked this thread in a few days, and this was my first unread post. Holy shit.

The jj quote was imbedded in the squish reply but couldn’t get it to post within, so I just quoted it. Took out the gun stuff for bb but otherwise did no other editing. 

I don’t think there is a civil war but to ignore the shooter’s motives completely... yeesh.  Some people see a problem and others think Trump’s official statements are “grossly misinterpreted to fit [our] needs”. 

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

They fatal error with this analysis is thinking this was part of the democrats strategy.  It wasn’t.  It was Trump’s strategy the entire time.  It was the Republicans that kept breathing life into the Dossier when no one was talking about it.  It was Trump that relentlessly screamed “no collusion” every fucking day for two years.  The Republicans were driving the Russian narratives the entire time in order to create an unattainable bar the democrats had to prove to have any meaningful political consequences.  

The GOP spent more energy proactively muddying the waters with conspiracy theories and nonsense in order to drown out all the smoking guns that were uncovered in a non-political investigation conducted by...Republicans. 

The error by the democrats is they were cowards. They needed to crank their rhetoric up to eleven, take the media by the balls, call out the bullshit, raise some fucking hell and give no quarter to the horse shit coming out of the White House because the truth was on their side.  They got played instead because they allowed themselves to get played.  No one wanted to lead any kind of meaningful fight among the democrats because that would involve political risk.  The failed us just as much as the Jeff Flakes and Paul Ryans.

The media, D pundits, and #Resistance liberals would not shut the fuck up about Russia. You've talked about it incessantly on this board as well.  It's a narrative driven by belief of American exceptionalism and to assign blame to a foreign actor. Huge mistake. 

The fact that you think it was Trump's strategy and he out-4D chessed us is laughable. We played ourselves. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Man, those batronic posts have a real "there's no way a tsunami is imminent, the tide is lower than it's been in years!" feeling to them.

40%+ of the USA clings to those kinds of beliefs. Is it too early for a Scotch?

Edited by retread

6 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Man, those batronic posts have a real "there's no way a tsunami is imminent, the tide is lower than it's been in years!" feeling to them.

A political outlook based on mindless scorn and the certainty that you are always right.

The truest sign of this malady is that the patient always wants to give advice to the people he hates. Sufferers of this condition are unable to look inwardly or do any sort of self appraisal.

11 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

The media, D pundits, and #Resistance liberals would not shut the fuck up about Russia. You've talked about it incessantly on this board as well.  It's a narrative driven by belief of American exceptionalism and to assign blame to a foreign actor. Huge mistake. 

The fact that you think it was Trump's strategy and he out-4D chessed us is laughable. We played ourselves. 

I don't think for a second the dotard had an actual strategy, but I also don't think we should by any means be ignoring Russia.  Is that what you are saying?

5 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Just like to point out every dumb motherfucker in the media who falls for this shit. 

Scott Wang is going places. Just cover the sociopath in the WH like a normal president, and you'll be editor before you know it.

16 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

The media dropped the ball on Russia.  They kept looking for collusion and smoking guns to get Trump because that’s where the interest was.  It’s also the narrative Trump kept driving them to cover.  

The media failed on Russia because they missed the bigger and more meaningful part of the story.  The Russian interference itself was ALWAYS the bigger story.  If you remember my focus on Russia was the part most neglected by the media.  The Active Measures, cyber subversive, and propaganda was where I spent most of my time on Russia.  

The attack itself, learning about the tactics, and how to defend against it was WAY more important to the preservation of our democracy than any collusion Trump may have had.  The media got distracted on this because Trump distracted everyone by acting crazy and guilty as fuck obstructing justice nearly every day. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

I don't think for a second the dotard had an actual strategy, but I also don't think we should by any means be ignoring Russia.  Is that what you are saying?

We should be actively working to stop Russian interference. Strategically, it's a mistake to amplify and put any focus on Russia when talking to American voters. 

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

We should be actively working to stop Russian interference. Strategically, it's a mistake to amplify and put any focus on Russia when talking to American voters. 

People need to be informed that it is happening.  They need to be smart enough to realize what is fake news and what isn't.

I almost typed that with a straight face.

We don't know to what degree Russia interfered, and we don't know if we're doing anything to thwart future interference. That's a problem.

Obviously, social media was big. That will continue. They probed online registration systems, and there appear to be emerging vulnerabilities in voting machines which were at one time thought to be strictly offline.

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

It's like being proud your racist grandmother finally doesn't call the black friend you brought over the n-word. 

My grandmother has no problem with the coloreds. Now go help yourself at the candy and nut bowl, grab yourself a delicious nigger toe and sit and visit awhile. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

The fact that you think it was Trump's strategy and he out-4D chessed us is laughable

It wasn’t trump’s strategy.  It was the GOP’s strategy.  They’re the cold blooded mercenary professionals at this shit.  Don’t ever forget the people that built the indestructible GOP machine since Nixon are all still there standing right next to Trump protecting him.