Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

31 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I am not justifying anything. I am pointing out that it seems a bit ludicrous to hang up on a narcissist dropping a verse about his favorite dictator while we literally send hundreds of millions of dollars of arms to that dictator without batting an eye.  

It's almost as if you think people believe that specific phrase stands alone as a complete indictment of his whole Presidency, like "57 states".

You can fuss and primp and do your thing over people calling out the narcissistic egomaniac in the Oval Office as if they're muting or missing the problem, or somehow think his word salad IS the problem, but that's completely missing the point.  Yeah, I hate the man.   Yeah, I think "fool" and "malicious" don't even begin to describe him.  I believe he is actively destroying our republic, and while it may be signs of PTSD to point out the daily malignancies it doesn't mean that they're innocuous.  They are signs of something FAR worse than we have ever seen at the top of our government from day one (1789), and if you disagree (and you clearly do, in scale if not in absolute terms), then you're the fool.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's almost as if you think people believe that specific phrase stands alone as a complete indictment of his whole Presidency, like "57 states".

You can fuss and primp and do your thing over people calling out the narcissistic egomaniac in the Oval Office as if they're muting or missing the problem, or somehow think his word salad IS the problem, but that's completely missing the point.  Yeah, I hate the man.   Yeah, I think "fool" and "malicious" don't even begin to describe him.  I believe he is actively destroying our republic, and while it may be signs of PTSD to point out the daily malignancies it doesn't mean that they're innocuous.  They are signs of something FAR worse than we have ever seen at the top of our government from day one (1789), and if you disagree (and you clearly do, in scale if not in absolute terms), then you're the fool.

He is the worst president we have ever had.  Would be somewhat nice if congress had not abdicated many of their constitutional authorities to the executive branch over the last few decades. Would be nice if they did not continue to abdicate those responsibilities.  Checks and balances or whatever fantasy I heard about in elementary school. Election night or the day after (very hungover) I posted my best outcomes under a Trump administration. One of those was a realignment of executive and congressional branch power.  The GOP shit the bed on that. I actually thought that they would not totally wet their diapers.  Wrong. If you want to look for the origin of the end of the republic, Trump might not be a bad focal point. But in reality I think that we started down this path a few decades ago. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Then it might behoove you to at least acknowledge there is some wisdom in focusing on the blocked arteries as opposed to just the diet.

Acute intervention is indicated. I am in favor of impeachment. But a balloon only gets you so far if you are unwilling to make lifestyle changes. 

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

Melania's Be Better campaign is going swimmingly.

The only people who can criticize him are people he’s known with high ratings. But he doesn’t know her but knows she has a bad reputation. Okay bro. 

29 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Which is it?  Are we already great? Or do we need to be made great?  I haz confused.

He needed that minute to make America great. And he can undo it in another minute.  Which is why you have to re-elect him in 2020. So America stays great.  Well, until 2024 when he can’t be president anymore. Except maybe...

That help?  

58 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

I think it more has to do with the whistleblower that the DOJ is trying to keep from the intelligence committee. 

That, and news Sessions is being called to testify to the House.

Edited by triplehorn
likely, but not a done deal yet

1 hour ago, CowboyFred said:

I think it more has to do with the whistleblower that the DOJ is trying to keep from the intelligence committee. 

I don't understand how you can keep a whistleblower from whistleblowing.  Can't the person just speak out? 

It's like someone saying that their boss is doing illegal shit, but they need to get permission from their boss before they can report it.

I don't understand how you can keep a whistleblower from whistleblowing.  Can't the person just speak out? 
It's like someone saying that their boss is doing illegal shit, but they need to get permission from their boss before they can report it.

Obviously there are classified elements that can’t become public when whistle blowing.

We all should be so thankful for what the President has done for us.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/lou-dobbs-heaps-praise-on-trump-for-making-weekends-possible-for-us-all?ref=home

Lou Dobbs wants his viewers to thank President Donald Trump for their weekend. At the end of his show on Friday, the Fox Business Network host signed off by reminding his viewers to “Have a great weekend,” adding, “The president makes such a thing possible for us all.” Dobbs did not explain why Trump was responsible for making great weekends possible.

But in recent days, the longtime friend of the president seemed to reach new levels of sycophancy on his show. After visiting the White House earlier this week, Dobbs told his viewers that the “joint is hopping,” and did not hold back in his description of the atmosphere. “On every level on every floor, this White House is energized,” he said. “There’s sunshine beaming throughout the place, and on almost every face. It’s winner central at the White House and the president is at the top of his game.”

lou_dobbs_g1xmjv

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

This subject probably warrants its own thread.  There’s some pretty unnerving implications based on Schiff’s letter.  

holy shit.  

Source: CNBC

Saudi Arabia is shutting down half of its oil production after drones attacked the world’s largest oil processing facility in the kingdom, The Wall Street Journal reported. 

The closure will impact almost five million barrels of crude production a day, about 5% of the world’s daily oil production, the WSJ reported, citing sources familiar with the matter.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/14/saudi-arabia-is-shutting-down-half-of-its-oil-production-after-drone-attack-wsj-says.html

NYT:

“...The attacks signaled a clear escalation in the ability of the Houthis, who are supported by Iran, to strike at Saudi Arabia, their enemy in Yemen’s civil war. The attacks hit deeper into Saudi territory than previous strikes, reaching targets some 500 miles from Yemen, and the Houthis claimed to have used 10 drones in the operation, which they said was one of the largest aerial operations they have carried out. 

Iran has supplied drone technology to the Houthis fighting the Saudi-led coalition in Yemen, a panel of experts reported in January 2018 to the United Nations Security Council. 

United Nations investigators say the Houthis have since obtained a more advanced drone than those cited in that report, with a range of 930 miles, The Associated Press reported...”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/14/world/middleeast/saudi-arabia-refineries-drone-attack.html

NYT:
“...The attacks signaled a clear escalation in the ability of the Houthis, who are supported by Iran, to strike at Saudi Arabia, their enemy in Yemen’s civil war. The attacks hit deeper into Saudi territory than previous strikes, reaching targets some 500 miles from Yemen, and the Houthis claimed to have used 10 drones in the operation, which they said was one of the largest aerial operations they have carried out. 

Iran has supplied drone technology to the Houthis fighting the Saudi-led coalition in Yemen, a panel of experts reported in January 2018 to the United Nations Security Council. 

United Nations investigators say the Houthis have since obtained a more advanced drone than those cited in that report, with a range of 930 miles, The Associated Press reported...”
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/14/world/middleeast/saudi-arabia-refineries-drone-attack.html

Yeah, this is probably the end of the recent stretch of ME "stability." It's all just white noise until you take literally billions out of Saudi pockets overnight.

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

in a more general sense, from a non-attorney, there's a lot that goes into "whistleblower status", and i believe some of it has to do with their own personal involvement or possible culpability in events that transpired.  sometimes there's a fine line between being a whistleblower and needing immunity for exposing your company/boss.

people who get compensated and sign nda's or similar paperwork are bound and restricted (especially if there are any patents, formulas, proprietary information), and can end up fucking up a decade of their life fighting against wealthy people in court just for "speaking out".

one of the surly attys can probably be more specific.

4 minutes ago, Eastwood said:
7 minutes ago, triplehorn said:
NYT:

Read more  

Yeah, this is probably the end of the recent stretch of ME "stability." It's all just white noise until you take literally billions out of Saudi pockets overnight.

Is Jared Kushner still responsible for middle east peace? 

43 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

holy shit.  

Source: CNBC

Saudi Arabia is shutting down half of its oil production after drones attacked the world’s largest oil processing facility in the kingdom, The Wall Street Journal reported. 

The closure will impact almost five million barrels of crude production a day, about 5% of the world’s daily oil production, the WSJ reported, citing sources familiar with the matter.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/14/saudi-arabia-is-shutting-down-half-of-its-oil-production-after-drone-attack-wsj-says.html

5% of production will result in a 25% boost in price. So, yay?

21 minutes ago, NWBuck said:

5% of production will result in a 25% boost in price. So, yay?

High oil prices traditionally precede a US recession, and we all know the warning lights have been blinking. Trump's advisors probably know this, so it'll be interesting -- and possibly tragic -- to see what his administration's response might be in terms of Saudi support/retaliation.

Edited by bolverk
Midland rejoices

DJ met with Defense Secretary Markie Esper yesterday afternoon. I guess they will need to have another play date after this.

re the DJ tattoo on the appendage that was posted upthread: my children know that I love them, but if you want to know what would make their mama cry big tears, it would be one of them coming home with that tattoo right there.