Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

14 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Does he have a book he needs to sell?  

Yes, actually..."Sea Stories:  My Life in Special Operations" 

If not for the toll it would take on his health, I think he would have run for something by now.  He's 63, but he looks 43 and has the energy of 23.  His cancer is all but decimated. 

He's the kind of man that Trump thinks his children he is.  If that makes sense.

13 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

It was so long ago, and with our President driving the news cycle constantly maybe you've forgotten all the hubbub of Joaquin Castro tweeting out a few names of people who donated to Trump.

Some intrepid coder decided to merge a twitter account with the FEC database and voila!  It auto-tweets every few minutes a random Trump donor, their hometown, and the amount they have donated:

This is fantastic, but that unnecessary colon after donated is irks me.

(Yes, I realize its probably due to the coding. )

2 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Remember when US special forces murdered afghan civilians (including two pregnant women) celebrating the birth of a child and McRaven tried to cover it up?  

Fozzz fighting against the US is best Fozzz.  SEAL who led the team to get bin laden? Actually a bad guy.  I remember your GHWB post in his death thread talking about him shooting down an airliner, equating it to Russians shooting down, I believe, the Korean airliner.  Grade A 80 IQ stuff.  

3 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

It's funny how if one of the troops does something monstrous not only is it not monstrous but in fact it's uncouth for someone to even acknowledge it.  That is reflective of a very healthy, well functioning society.  

It would’ve been pretty cool if you did that. But you didn’t. You’re not talking about the people that committed the acts. You’re trying to tie to someone that wasn’t there  and claiming he covered it up. All because someone suggested he  maybe should run for office.  

That’s a very well functioning society and very Seth Rich-y to reflexively try to accuse people of being complicit with murder  once facts bear out that it might be politically expedient. 

• Like 1

Per his schedule, DJ is to have lunch with Secretary of State Mike  Pimpeo Pompeo who has just returned from Belgium sans press accompaniment. Hopefully, the no press was due to the last minute schedule when DJ cancelled, but will probably become routine because the public will not pay attention. Most never do. The folks with the most little gray cells say the Secretary's trip was to pressure Europe to support the US strategy with Iran. Heard it did not go according to plan, but we'll see since the lunch is private.

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

How exactly did McRaven try to cover this up?

McRaven commanded JSOC (a glorified death squad) at that time, including that particular operation.  After the massacre when the remaining civilians in the village were readying the victims for burial the troops came back to dig the bullets out of the victims' bodies so there would not be any evidence contradicting JSOC's story that the victims were killed by the Taliban.  The troops then detained and tortured a few of the remaining civilians to try to get them to corroborate their Taliban story.  

2 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

McRaven commanded JSOC (a glorified death squad) at that time, including that particular operation.  After the massacre when the remaining civilians in the village were readying the victims for burial the troops came back to dig the bullets out of the victims' bodies so there would not be any evidence contradicting JSOC's story that the victims were killed by the Taliban.  The troops then detained and tortured a few of the remaining civilians to try to get them to corroborate their Taliban story.  

Source?

There is an internal report which disputes much of that story.  One should probably be skeptical of any internal report, but regardless, the story is not universally supported.  

While the buck surely stopped with McRaven, I still see no specific indication that he himself participated in a coverup.  But, Fozzz.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

There is an internal report which disputes much of that story.  One should probably be skeptical of any internal report, but regardless, the story is not universally supported.  

While the buck surely stopped with McRaven, I still see no specific indication that he himself participated in a coverup.  But, Fozzz.

lol jimmyjazz the war crimes denialist.  So the special forces soldiers concocted the Taliban coverup story, removed evidence, and then tried to torture the survivors into corroborating their story while their commander was totally unaware that any of this was going on?  

Edited by Fozzz

26 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

lol jimmyjazz the war crimes denialist.  So the special forces soldiers concocted the Taliban coverup story, removed evidence, and then tried to torture the survivors into corroborating their story while their commander was totally unaware that any of this was going on?  

Joke's on us.

We're going to lose the War in Afghanistan to the Taliban.

37 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

glad we've moved from 'he's covering up murder' to 'i don't know of any evidence he's covering up murder, but c'mon, let's all agree he is'.  this seems like a very well thought out position.

• Like 1

Rural America is delusional but then again so are the suburbs. They also believe as you stated, "America's troubles are caused by the problems of the city.  It's all those slums on welfare which are the problem.  It's all that crime in the cities which are causing the problems." The flight to the suburbs that shrank the city tax bases, left infrastructure deferred, schools underfunded, and neighborhoods blighted. The phrase, "I just need some more space" that was euphemism for "I want my neighbors to look like me." The corporate campuses that moved outside city limits and had little cities built up around them but left transportation and housing for the service sector jobs on the outside looking in.

I'm being very very simplistic, but very few of us white Americans are willing to admit that as the majority demographic for much of the 20th century and the rise and fall of the "city," we did this. One could argue that if one wants "the good life" one should work for it, and who can argue with that, but it is a lot easier for those of us who are already living it to lob thoughts and prayers to those living in places like Flint instead of Grosse Pointe.

43 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

I'm disinclined to get into it with you, because you have the intellectual integrity of a feral hamster, but I'd be happy to point the finger at McRaven if you'd actually show something that implicates him in a coverup.  Nobody disputes that a tragedy happened.  What people are questioning is whether McRaven was complicit, and you haven't proven that extraordinary assertion.

26 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I don't know if they are smarter or dumber than your average coal miner, or average person, but I think there are two aspects which make them gullible. 

. . .

So fuck em. I'll be fine. 

Well, I grew up in the rural midwest, albeit in a small college town, but I know these people.  I think "gullible" is a fair assessment.  That said, I don't think they brought their entire plight upon themselves.  For one thing, they were fooled, as were many people not wholly relegated to the country right.  They ARE getting squeezed out by megafarms, and it's certainly not all good.  That said, my main point is that some will switch sides in 2020 for a very simple reason -- the economy is starting to kill them off, and when it's their turn (specifically) they will see things differently.  Not all of them, not even a majority, but a significant fraction.

I'm not terribly interested in rooting for the downfall of what is essentially a fairly decent demographic.  A lot of these people live extremely simple lives, and are content to live and let live.  And then, a lot of them are assholes.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I'm being very very simplistic, but very few of us white Americans are willing to admit that as the majority demographic for much of the 20th century and the rise and fall of the "city," we did this. 

I'd still rather live in most major cities than the suburbs or small rural towns, and it's not even close. 

11 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I'm pretty much to the fuck-em mode.  For years, I believed there was a value in the government smoothing the transitions brought on by economic evolution.  It's a moderately liberal position.  And make no mistake, big corporate farms are more efficient (economics-wise) than the family farm.  The family farm will get squeezed out by market forces.  For years I supported pushing back on that eventuality, to minimize the impact of sudden change.  Now I'm I thinking fuck em.  Free market time, bitches.  Trade wars?  Fuck em.  They voted for people who campaigned on upsetting a system which was slanted to their advantage.  I'll be fine.  Foreclosures? Fuck 'em.  They voted for people who have systematically tilted the balance to lenders.  Ethanol mandates?  Fuck 'em.  They have convinced themselves global warming doesn't exist.  And why?  Because they are more worried about whether they hear Spanish at Walmart or whether two guys marry than they are about saving the family farm.  So fuck em. I'll be fine.

Gotta say, this was the mentality of some (not all) small town people that voted for Trump.  Corporate America has already plundered and left many rural communities behind.  These folks felt largely detached from whatever collective idea of America is going on in the more liberal areas.  Voting for Trump was their way of saying fuck you to the powers that allowed it to happen, they don't give a shit what they will have to suffer with Trump because many of them have already become well acquainted with misfortune.  They just wanted everyone else to feel their pain.  Our government/society failed rural America repeatedly over the last 30 years and they wanted vengeance.  Trump was there to deliver it for them.  Yeah, they're uneducated and easily manipulated racists but no one ever put much investment in preventing these communities from becoming the trash they are today because that would have hurt someone's bottom line. 

While it's easy to say fuck 'em, it will not make our collective situation any better in the long run.  More likely the opposite. 

58 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Gotta say, this was the mentality of some (not all) small town people that voted for Trump.  Corporate America has already plundered and left many rural communities behind.  These folks felt largely detached from whatever collective idea of America is going on in the more liberal areas.  Voting for Trump was their way of saying fuck you to the powers that allowed it to happen, they don't give a shit what they will have to suffer with Trump because many of them have already become well acquainted with misfortune.  They just wanted everyone else to feel their pain.  Our government/society failed rural America repeatedly over the last 30 years and they wanted vengeance.  Trump was there to deliver it for them.  Yeah, they're uneducated and easily manipulated racists but no one ever put much investment in preventing these communities from becoming the trash they are today because that would have hurt someone's bottom line. 

While it's easy to say fuck 'em, it will not make our collective situation any better in the long run.  More likely the opposite. 

Translation: Ronald Reagan was the most destructive president of the 20th century.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tuco said:

I don't know if they are smarter or dumber than your average coal miner, or average person, but I think there are two aspects which make them gullible. 

1.) Rural America is dying, or at least is being left behind.  Population decline is a killer on housing property values in small towns.  It is also a killer on what they see as hope for the future, as generations leave.  When you look at the conservative vs. progressive divide to be the difference of preferring the past or the future, there is reason for them to view the past with more fondness. 

2.) Rural America is delusional.  They believe that America's troubles are caused by the problems of the city.  It's all those slums on welfare which are the problem.  It's all that crime in the cities which are causing the problems.  They just want the government to leave them alone.  The completely miss the fact that for decades the government has seen some value in "saving the family farm."  They are getting burned by the trade war, in part because our trade policy has centered around them.  We have been willing to get "ripped off" on tech and manufacturing, because we wanted other countries to buy our ag products.  

I'm pretty much to the fuck-em mode.  For years, I believed there was a value in the government smoothing the transitions brought on by economic evolution.  It's a moderately liberal position.  And make no mistake, big corporate farms are more efficient (economics-wise) than the family farm.  The family farm will get squeezed out by market forces.  For years I supported pushing back on that eventuality, to minimize the impact of sudden change.  Now I'm I thinking fuck em.  Free market time, bitches.  Trade wars?  Fuck em.  They voted for people who campaigned on upsetting a system which was slanted to their advantage.  I'll be fine.  Foreclosures? Fuck 'em.  They voted for people who have systematically tilted the balance to lenders.  Ethanol mandates?  Fuck 'em.  They have convinced themselves global warming doesn't exist.  And why?  Because they are more worried about whether they hear Spanish at Walmart or whether two guys marry than they are about saving the family farm.  So fuck em. I'll be fine. 

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Fozzz said:

And Obama commanded all armed forces.  You really want to get into this, you fucking child?  

Just now, Lobo said:

And Obama commanded all armed forces.  You really want to get into this, you fucking child?  

Remember when Obama, a recipient of the Nobel Peace Price, bombed the ever-living-fuck out of a Doctors Without Borders hospital in Afghanistan, which was also a Nobel Peace Prize winner?  The first ever time one Nobel Peace Price winner has bombed another Nobel Peace Prize winner.  

• Fuck You 4