Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

They are rare.  I don't think it's clear that the NDAs signed by POTUS staff are unenforceable, or even unenforceable for an employee's time in government.  It would seem that the courts lean in that direction, but I think we're in new territory here.

Good review here

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-otc-nda/trump-ndas-cant-silence-ex-white-house-officials-legal-experts-idUSKBN1GV2UT

1 hour ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Sounds like someone is worried about a possible book deal for Madeline. 

So I wonder if this is why Melanie had to spend her mysterious week in the hospital. She found out about the salty sailors west wing dalliance, got a little bit uppity, and he had to come strong with the pimp hand?

CSB alert:  I had dinner last evening with an elderly couple.  The GF used to be related to them by marriage.  They liked her much better than they liked her ex, and remained fairly close.  The husband is a Korean War vet, to give you an idea of his age.  Princeton Grad, and still quite sharp.   Lived in NY/NJ his entire life, until moving out here to San Diego a couple of years ago to be close to his daughter and her family.  They live in an assisted living condo...place has a dining room, room service, etc. 

We've never discussed politics at all.  He made some remark about "the guy in the White House".  The GF asks "did you ever know Trump".  He says that he knew him from golf.  He never actually played with him, but he had friends that did.  (The old guy still belongs to Westchester Country Club).  He said his buddy was in a foursome with Trump, and Trump drives into the woods.  They are looking around for the ball.  His buddy is well into the trees, looks down, and finds a ball with the Trump logo.  He picks it up, and right then, Trump yells "here it is" from the fairway. 

• Like 2

Bit of a related sidebar—-can some of you lawyer types help in this question?...I know it always depends.  But it’s been our working understanding that You can ask government officials to sign NDA’s if you’re bringing them something that has IP protection attached to it (trademark, licensing, etc).   If it benefits them after the deal, you can at least get some modicum of protection.   You can bring the government some new lightbulb or mousetrap or real estate asset and if they pass on it, provided there’s no state security reason they steal it, you can maintain your pre established IP so that you can shop it to other entities either public or private.  And again provided they didn’t fund the product or service or idea’s development. 

DJ is supposed to fly back from Camp David to the WH today. Besides the usual helicopter talk which apparently suffices for his press conference, his only meeting is with FEMA, presumably to let them know that if Hurricane Dorian misses Florida that he will be appropriating more $$ for DHS, BP, and INS and whatever Russian construction company that is building the wall.

This marks another long spell with him being somewhat out of the public eye except for brief moments. There is a rally in North Carolina upcoming, I think at the end of this week or beginning of next. If his health is declining as much as some observers say, I am hedging that Stephen Miller et al will begin to ramp up some of their plunder, pillage and loot policies because the writing is on the wall. I also would not be surprised to see Pence take on more and more duties. McConnell is still in his turtle shell, trying to be inconspicuous.

I may be full of sh*t, but it's still cleaner than DJ's administration.

5 minutes ago, tchookem said:

He always was, we just didn't realize how massive.

look, mister, there's two kinds of pieces of shit.

there's the guy that pretends to be a billionaire and grabs a woman's pussy while acting like a jackass on a reality tv show.  and then there's the guy that does the same thing in my living room.

first one don't matter.  the second one, you're kinda forced to deal with.

• Like 4

CSB alert:  I had dinner last evening with an elderly couple.  The GF used to be related to them by marriage.  They liked her much better than they liked her ex, and remained fairly close.  The husband is a Korean War vet, to give you an idea of his age.  Princeton Grad, and still quite sharp.   Lived in NY/NJ his entire life, until moving out here to San Diego a couple of years ago to be close to his daughter and her family.  They live in an assisted living condo...place has a dining room, room service, etc. 
We've never discussed politics at all.  He made some remark about "the guy in the White House".  The GF asks "did you ever know Trump".  He says that he knew him from golf.  He never actually played with him, but he had friends that did.  (The old guy still belongs to Westchester Country Club).  He said his buddy was in a foursome with Trump, and Trump drives into the woods.  They are looking around for the ball.  His buddy is well into the trees, looks down, and finds a ball with the Trump logo.  He picks it up, and right then, Trump yells "here it is" from the fairway. 

63million people need to play golf with Trump

A hurricane is bearing down on a very heavy populated part of the country and all he can talk about is Debra Messing?  One of you assholes tell me how that's an example of leadership?  Because I can tell you this much, his voter base in the American Southeast are not thinking to themselves, "Oh my goodness, he talks about the same actresses we talk about during hurricanes."  Even those fucksticks know this shit ain't right.  Don't get me wrong, during a Tropical Depression or Tropical Storm, it is customary to discuss Debra Messing's ass being fantastic at her age...but you don't berate her during a Cat4.  

Yeah, and why does he get excited enough to tweet that somebody called him "Sir" 15 years ago?  Everyday, for some bizarre fucking reason many of the most powerful people in our country refer to him as "Mr. President"...and all he can brag about is some b-lister calling him sir one time before his more recent bankruptcy? 

Edited by Lobo

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

A hurricane is bearing down on a very heavy populated part of the country and all he can talk about is Debra Messing?  One of you assholes tell me how that's an example of leadership?  Because I can tell you this much, his voter base in the American Southeast are not thinking to themselves, "Oh my goodness, he talks about the same actresses we talk about during hurricanes."  Even those fucksticks know this shit ain't right.  Don't get me wrong, during a Tropical Depression or Tropical Storm, it is customary to discuss Debra Messing's ass being fantastic at her age...but you don't berate her during a Cat4.  

the sad, unfortunate truth is that it will be exactly things like mass shootings in texas, or storms ripping apart the southeast, that will force trump to react (or not react) and be (or not be) presidential.  people in puerto rico hate him.  how do you think people in florida, georgia, north and south carolina, etc will react when he pulls the same shit on them?

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

every time he talks like this it seems like he just got out of a session with someone who is assigned to explain to trump like a 6 year old what things are, what things mean, and why things are called what they are.  then, inevitably, when he's speaking to the press, he just assumes that the general public also is in the dark about it, then he tries to explain it to them too.  "well you see, the united kingdom, it used to be, well, it was england, then there's the eu, which is, well, there's ireland.  and first, there was great britain, but nobody talks about great britain anymore, because it's all about the uk, the united kingdom.  and they don't know if they want to be part of the eu.  but it's a great country."

whomever is just out of frame with their head in their hands, that's who just gave trump the crash course, only to hear his regurgitated words butchered to the press.

the whole thing would make a pretty funny snl sketch, if it wasn't so fucking scary in real life to think about.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

every time he talks like this it seems like he just got out of a session with someone who is assigned to explain to trump like a 6 year old what things are, what things mean, and why things are called what they are.  then, inevitably, when he's speaking to the press, he just assumes that the general public also is in the dark about it, then he tries to explain it to them too.  "well you see, the united kingdom, it used to be, well, it was england, then there's the eu, which is, well, there's ireland.  and first, there was great britain, but nobody talks about great britain anymore, because it's all about the uk, the united kingdom.  and they don't know if they want to be part of the eu.  but it's a great country."

whomever is just out of frame with their head in their hands, that's who just gave trump the crash course, only to hear his regurgitated words butchered to the press.

the whole thing would make a pretty funny snl sketch, if it wasn't so fucking scary in real life to think about.

and i totally forgot the most recent instance.  last week, addressing questions, "well, it's the g7, and you know, it used to be the g8, because russia isn't in it, but now it's the g7, and i think we could invite russia to come back to the g7, which would make it the g8 again, because russia was the 8th country."

18 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

why-dont-you-explain-this-to-me-like-im-