Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, Chooky said:

George Will has never been for sale. 

The other side of that coin is knowing that Mike Pence would happily walk across Ireland with his pants around his ankles if Trump instructed him. 

But I would walk 500 miles🎶
And I would walk 500 more🎶
Just to be the man who walks a thousand miles🎶
To fall down at your door🎶

• Like 1

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Same could be argued for the president 

If the media basically reported only news about the President and stopped reporting the garbage it would be a giant leap away from the idiocy.

I wish people on this board would post only newsworthy shit.  I realize this is essentially a comedy thread but everyone knows Trump is a clown.  At this point, any mention of the guys tweets, etc. -- anything other than a simple reporting of his actual executive actions as President is just playing into his hands.

I don't want to be part of it anymore. It's time to get serious about moving the guy and his minions out and that doesn't include circle jerks about what a clown he is. 

• Like 3

I have been arguing it’s past time for the media to tune Trump out completely. 

But the sad reality is he’s still the president of the United States.  His power and influence still has real world consequences and we should bear witness to this shit show, regardless of how unpleasant.

So it never happens again. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Asithappens said:

The farmers will by and large, imo, still vote for Trump. They may complain about him, but they don't have the balls to actually vote for a Dem.

this will be true for a lot more people than just farmers.  there may be a lot of folks who say they "disapprove" of Trump, and "don't like his rhetoric," or maybe even openly bitch about him, but they will pull the lever for him at the end of the day.  

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's past time for the media to do their damn jobs and hammer him relentlessly on his lies and bad policies.

Based on Trump’s twitter feed, you would think the media is doing a good job of this. 

Trump lives off the negative press, it’s part of his political strategy to be the victim of perceived bias and unfair media coverage.

If you want to really drive Trump crazy, have the media coverage pretend like he doesn’t exist for a week.  

Deprive him of the oxygen he so desperately craves. 

3 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Brisket,  having recently traveled through Texas on a long photo safari, having spoken with numerous farmers, and coming from a small, mostly-agricultural Texas small town, I can assure you that farmers are not the lock-step Trump supporters you seem to think they are.  They are not coal miners or steelworkers.  And your whole "oh God we are so screwed these people can never be dissuaded because they are all part of a mass delusion"  is lazy thinking on your part.  In some agricultural states, Republican victory margins were very small in 2016 and 2018.  I'll guarantee you that we're going to see a significant shift in the farm vote in 2020. 

From your lips to God's ears, but I remain skeptical. 

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The media's job isn't to drive Trump crazy, it's to report the news, among other things.

Idealistically, I’d argue the media’s job as an institution is to serve the public.  Trump exploits the media’s duty to serve the public by driving the coverage with absurdity and lies, the media is then duty bound to fact check and correct.  Trump claims victim status of the negative coverage and it feeds into his narrative which further erodes our democratic institutions.

It makes you really start to wonder if the public is being best served with the reflexive way the media covers Trump. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Now we know what the meeting with Secretary Esper was about this afternoon. Pretty good bait and switch. Raise the deficit to untold highs, divert the money so the Chosen One can get re-elected. Smarmy but effective.

It's only effective if he wins next year.

That is highly unlikely.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I have been arguing it’s past time for the media to tune Trump out completely. 

nope.

he's a clown.  if he does stupid clownish shit, it needs to be reported on.  it needs to be mocked on the tonight show and saturday night live. 

people are idiots with short memories and no attention span.  they need to be constantly reminded there's a clown in the oval office until he isn't there anymore.  they need to feel embarrassed to pull the lever for him.  this is what the media needs to continue to do.

if you don't like it, change the channel.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

nope.

he's a clown.  if he does stupid clownish shit, it needs to be reported on.  it needs to be mocked on the tonight show and saturday night live. 

people are idiots with short memories and no attention span.  they need to be constantly reminded there's a clown in the oval office until he isn't there anymore.  they need to feel embarrassed to pull the lever for him.  this is what the media needs to continue to do.

if you don't like it, change the channel.

That’s a legitimate argument. One could argue people getting Trump fatigue could end up being the catalyst to his downfall.  

My argument of the media ignoring him is based on improving the public’s awareness of non-Trump things that matter.  There is a limited amount of oxygen in the information space and Trump currently sucks up 80% of it.  That can’t be good for the collective consciousness of our society.  

However, elections have consequences so deal with it I must.

^

WASHINGTON — The Pentagon will delay or suspend 127 military construction projects so that $3.6 billion can be diverted to shore up President Trump’s border wall, Defense Department officials said Tuesday.

Pentagon officials on Tuesday began notifying congressional representatives from areas that house the affected projects, and the decision to divert the funding prompted outcry from Democrats over what they viewed as a violation of Congress’s authority to set spending.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

In the ad they spell champagne as champaign. I mean, there's a Champaign, Illinois, but you can't drink that. Because of course this is an ad for someone who wrote a fucking book. This is the dumbest era in American history. 

Edited by Chooky
Illiterate future
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Asithappens said:

Maybe, but I doubt it. 

The farmers will by and large, imo, still vote for Trump. They may complain about him, but they don't have the balls to actually vote for a Dem.

Not if he's fucking them hard.  At the end of the day, he's still a rich New Yorker with liberal kids, and who has been a Democrat in the past, and if he fucks them hard enough, they'll be reminded of that fact.  Plenty of them do give a shit about being able to pass the family farm down, or at least keep it through their old age, and Trump's little trade war could easily jeopardize their life's work.

Oklahoma is pretty much the reddest state in the US.  Has a shitload of farmers and businesses that rely on farming.

Yet the Okies had a Democrat as Governor as recently as from 2003-2011.  That's pretty recent history. 

And a few months ago, I looked up voter registration records, and a shitload of my Okie relatives and acquaintances up there, including farmers, were still registered Democrats.  They may have voted for Trump in 2016, but that doesn't mean they are locked in to the GOP.

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Not if he's fucking them hard.  At the end of the day, he's still a rich New Yorker with liberal kids, and who has been a Democrat in the past, and if he fucks them hard enough, they'll be reminded of that fact.  Plenty of them do give a shit about being able to pass the family farm down, or at least keep it through their old age, and Trump's little trade war could easily jeopardize their life's work.

Oklahoma is pretty much the reddest state in the US.  Has a shitload of farmers and businesses that rely on farming.

Yet the Okies had a Democrat as Governor as recently as from 2003-2011.  That's pretty recent history. 

And a few months ago, I looked up voter registration records, and a shitload of my Okie relatives and acquaintances up there, including farmers, were still registered Democrats.  They may have voted for Trump in 2016, but that doesn't mean they are locked in to the GOP.

Locked in? Probably not, but fuck those farmers who all slobbed Trump's nob. Trump made no secret about his trade war, and the farmers still voted for him.

And if the farmers really gave a shit about passing the family farm down they wouldn't have voted for Trump in the first place. 

Reap what you sow, farmers, there's a shit storm on the horizon and you deserve everything you'll get.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Trump is pissing off farmers. Farmers ain't stupid. Republicans politicians in all farm states are going to pay a price:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/09/03/trump-has-angered-wrong-people-farmers/?noredirect=on

Hahahahah they aren’t stupid, your correct, they are as smart as Forest Gump in a graduate Ivy League program