Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

14 minutes ago, Goredho said:

I'm pretty sure he's under the impression that Dorian is a giant brown liberal amoeba trying to devour his base through phagocytosis.  It would explain the use of nukes.

Mike Pence: Fag-o-what now? 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

that is straight from the no shit department. 

nobody can save a dying industry. this is capitalism in real time. SHOULD the government try to be in the business of "saving" an entire industry that has been passed by other industries?

i mean, i get the thinking because of the car and bank bailouts, but it can be argued that "too big to fail" is an illusion foisted upon us by those invested in those industries. nobody is investing in coal.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Remember when Obama, a recipient of the Nobel Peace Price, bombed the ever-living-fuck out of a Doctors Without Borders hospital in Afghanistan, which was also a Nobel Peace Prize winner?  The first ever time one Nobel Peace Price winner has bombed another Nobel Peace Prize winner.  

Wait, what?  You said that a CO had to take responsibility for what happened on his watch, yes?  Well, McRaven had a few other folks above him from USSOCOM, to Chairman of Joint Chiefs, to other myriad Secretaries, to Obama.  So where's that blame?  I brought it up to just project that he'd be upset with what was happening at McDill, you got weird.  

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Wait, what?  You said that a CO had to take responsibility for what happened on his watch, yes?  Well, McRaven had a few other folks above him from USSOCOM, to Chairman of Joint Chiefs, to other myriad Secretaries, to Obama.  So where's that blame?  I brought it up to just project that he'd be upset with what was happening at McDill, you got weird.  

McRaven talk not going away.

I love that the people in the background of the administration just inundate the President with hurricane related shit, so he'll obsess over that and stay out of economic and national security discussions while still feeling like a very hard working good boy. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

McRaven talk not going away.

Yeah, I agreed with a poster that thought veterans attached to McDill may not like what Trump is proposing there in terms of budget shifts.  Then war crimes bullshit piped up.  Sorry I don't like my life in y'all's junior high school.  

Edited by Lobo

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, I agreed with a poster that thought veterans attached to McDill may not like what Trump is proposing there in terms of budget shifts.  Then war crimes bullshit piped up.  Sorry I don't like my life in y'all's junior high school.  

You can't let Fozzz troll you off topic so easily.  If you're gonna respond it's gotta be just a quick hit and run.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fozzz said:

Remember when Obama, a recipient of the Nobel Peace Price, bombed the ever-living-fuck out of a Doctors Without Borders hospital in Afghanistan, which was also a Nobel Peace Prize winner?  The first ever time one Nobel Peace Price winner has bombed another Nobel Peace Prize winner.  

Again, joke's on us. We're taking the "L" in Afghanistan.

47 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

that is straight from the no shit department. 

nobody can save a dying industry. this is capitalism in real time. SHOULD the government try to be in the business of "saving" an entire industry that has been passed by other industries?

i mean, i get the thinking because of the car and bank bailouts, but it can be argued that "too big to fail" is an illusion foisted upon us by those invested in those industries. nobody is investing in coal.

Pretty big difference between cars/banks and coal. All of us use two of those on a daily basis, and there isn't a readily available/realistic alternative for most people. While a lot of folks get their electricity from coal, there are several alternatives that are both more efficient and cleaner. Propping up the coal industry instead of investing in those other alternatives seems like a poor allocation of resources. Even from a jobs perspective, a lot of those numbers could be transitioned to the new industry.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

@realDonaldTrump

Low energy Cecil Roberts sure has done a 180 from when we met months ago. He was VERY grateful for my work on coal and HE CALLED ME SIR! Industry is growing like no one’s ever seen before. Tell the truth Cecil!

Edited by Nope
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Is this from today?  Those maps look outdated.  All the forecasts I've seen have Dorian headed up the coast toward NC.

The president is an idiot. He's only vaguely aware that there is a thing called weather. It doesn't matter what the prop says or is, reality is what he says. And he's very angry if you dismiss his reality with your facts. 

This is why Sharpie is trending. Much to the dismay of our fellow surlies, it is not for the reason we might have in mind.

3 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Tripling down, of course

As someone who actually follows the storms to the point of it being a hobby, I can PROMISE you, at no point, ever, at all, did anyone ever say that the cone (which didn't include Alabama) had a 95% chance of accuracy. That's so patently wrong, that I can't even imagine someone else feeding the lie to him, it had to be something he just flat out made up on the spot.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Chult86 said:

As someone who actually follows the storms to the point of it being a hobby, I can PROMISE you, at no point, ever, at all, did anyone ever say that the cone (which didn't include Alabama) had a 95% chance of accuracy. That's so patently wrong, that I can't even imagine someone else feeding the lie to him, it had to be something he just flat out made up on the spot.

95% accuracy in a cone of uncertainty.

capture134.png?w=1200&h=627&crop=1

• Like 3

Is this from today?  Those maps look outdated.  All the forecasts I've seen have Dorian headed up the coast toward NC.
That map (besides the sharpie addition) does look out of date. If this is from today, then DJT also showed a completely out date map for the storm.

Last week he said AL was at risk and was widely ridiculed. No important news since, so...

MSNBC incessantly reporting over this sharpie thing is probably an example of the media giving this clown too much attention. I mean there are probably hundreds of people dead in the Bahamas yet they are spending the majority of their coverage on another one of his petty lies. 

• Like 4

Just now, Bruh Man said:

MSNBC incessantly reporting over this sharpie thing is probably an example of the media giving this clown too much attention. I mean there are probably hundreds of people dead in the Bahamas yet they are spending the majority of their coverage on another one of his petty lies. 

Yep. 100%  

What outrageous shit does he have planned tomorrow to play the media with?  

Will he deliberately knock over the MLK bust and break it?

How about doing a presser in a bathrobe? 

Maybe he will claim he wrote several chapters of the Bible in a former life?  The best ones of course. 

Seriously, expect this kinda of daily dismaying for the next year to suck up as much media oxygen as possible.

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yep. 100%  

What outrageous shit does he have planned tomorrow to play the media with?  

Will he deliberately knock over the MLK bust and break it?

How about doing a presser in a bathrobe? 

Maybe he will claim he wrote several chapters of the Bible in a former life?  The best ones of course. 

Seriously, expect this kinda of daily dismaying for the next year to suck up as much media oxygen as possible.

He doesn’t do it to distract, its just what he does. Its his disease. Its always all about him, no matter what else may or may not be going on. 

• Like 3