Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

2 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

Guys, he canceled his trip to Poland to honor WWII

Well, to his credit, he did congratulate Poland on being invaded and subject to Nazi tyranny and genocide. The man does have a heart, you know.

I think he's going to throw a big tank and fireworks parade in front of one of his concentration camps to celebrate Holocaust Day and the Jewish experience of WWII. Best ever!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SubliminalHorn said:

What’s hilarious/frightening/mind bottling is that if you take a look at texaggy, they think this doubling down on the Alabama hurricane thing is perfect trolling by trump and that he is toying with the left. And they love it. No, stupid aggy, he isn’t trolling, he’s a narcissist that can NEVER be wrong. 

It's literally the best cover ever. Anything Donald does, regardless of how stupid/childish/dangerous etc etc can be chalked up to trolling the left. 

• Like 1

So, I was curious regarding Trump's schedule and his cognitive state which appears worse even for him. I looked at his official schedule going back to 2018. Last year, even during summer vacation, Trump had many days wherein he had meetings and travel all day long. Briefings, roundtables, working lunches, etc. He is doing less and less of that and with the exception of the G7, is pretty much down to an Intelligence briefing, one appearance or meeting and twitter or golf for the rest of the hours. (I know you all knew that and have said that is all he does, but it makes you wonder just how many aides are running the ship). We know, unlike previous Presidents, that he probably is not reading at all and that it appears he is getting most of his (mis)information from Fox and his people, but I am crossing my fingers that if he is experiencing rapid onset cognitive decline, that someone steps in before he triggers a war.

Pence is meeting with the PM in London today.

I always ignored or dismissed any talk of using the 25th amendment to remove Trump, as either an over-reaction or pure partisanship. This hurricane and alabama obsession of his has changed my mind. I believe he is incapable of handling any issue and should be removed by Pence and the cabinet.  Of course, Trump could argue that the Cabinet is invalid as many of the secretaries haven't been confirmed by the Senate.  4D chess....

22 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

"Yo, Patty Shanny.  Vlad wanted to offer us one of them hypersexual nuclear weapons. I told him we are making our own.  Bigger and better than his and for half the price! Time to nuke some hurricane. Now get to making it."  Trump to SecDef, probably

12 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I always ignored or dismissed any talk of using the 25th amendment to remove Trump, as either an over-reaction or pure partisanship. This hurricane and alabama obsession of his has changed my mind. I believe he is incapable of handling any issue and should be removed by Pence and the cabinet.  Of course, Trump could argue that the Cabinet is invalid as many of the secretaries haven't been confirmed by the Senate.  4D chess....

I think that there was sufficient basis for removal via the 25th after Helsinki. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Welcome to the party, pal

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lagunamadre said:

Guys, he canceled his trip to Poland to honor WWII in order to "monitor" the hurricane. He then plays a couple rounds of golf at his resort, and then pops onto twitter and warns the wrong state. 

Yep, sounds like our way over his head President. The one the GOP will let slide on every single incompetence. 

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Pshaw.  Been there, already tried that:

https://jalopnik.com/the-flying-crowbar-the-insane-doomsday-weapon-america-1435286216

The Cold War had plenty of disadvantages for the world as a whole, true, but there was never a better time to be a mad scientist with crazy doomsday devices. No longer limited to freelance work delivering threats to the UN, the Cold War meant governments would actually hire you to make things. Things like Project Pluto.

Now, I’m not saying the scientists who came up with Project Pluto were mad scientists, but there was a pretty high degree of mad science going on in this thing. In some ways, it was the perfect embodiment of Cold War era thinking taken to its utmost extreme. Project Pluto, also known as “the Flying Crowbar,” would have been an incredibly potent weapon. Potent, and also cruel, terrifying, and ultimately uncontrollable.

At its core, Project Pluto was just a cruise missile. Well, not “just” a cruise missile. It was a cruise missile designed around a nuclear ramjet engine, and the acronym for it should give another big clue about the pants-filling nature of it: SLAM, for Supersonic Low Altitude Missile. That means that this giant, nuclear-powered beast would be screaming around at oh, treetop level or so.

The nuclear ramjet engine at the heart of Project Pluto is key to what made this weapon so horrific. A ramjet is a very simple engine design, with essentially no moving parts. Once the missile was launched with conventional rocket boosters, the air velocity going into the ramjet’s intake would be fast enough to let the engine function, and an essentially unshielded nuclear reactor would heat the air as it entered, where it would expand and be expelled out of the engine’s nozzle, providing both lots of thrust and plenty of radioactive material.

Thanks to the nuclear reactor, the missile could stay aloft almost indefinitely. That means after flying across the Earth to its targets in the Soviet Union, where it would dump its payload of 16+ hydrogen bombs, the missile itself was still good to keep flying. Which allowed for all kinds of extra terror-fun:

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I've been way ahead of you on my opinion. Waaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy ahead of ya on how poorly he's capable of grasping and handling this job, it didn't take me that long. 😊And Trump has no room to argue about anything, in my opinion. He's got himself into this mess with his poor decisions and leadership.