Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

5 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

I don't know what's scarier Trump or the dozens and dozens of sycophants  that enable this fool everyday. These are assumably serious people in the gov't who have thrown their dignity in the garbage for this man.

dozens and dozens? its tens of millions. every single Republican is complicit.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Let me tell you about a guy named Ceasar. 

Trump is destroying the GOP.  At some point the Republicans are going to cut their losses and take the hit to fight another day.  Will it be before the 2020 election?  I don’t know but the writing has been on the wall since the midterms.  The Republicans are not getting any stronger with Donald Trump as their leader.  It doesn’t matter how militant his brainwashed base is, they will move on because real power is on the line now. 

Wonder if ‘the Republicans’ will ever involve a distinction between those who are personally and directly complicit in fostering Trump criminality and abuse (and would be fingered by Trump in an act of revenge) and those who are not. Could the viable corpus of Congressional GOP cutting its losses ever mean amputating parts of its own legislative legs to stay ahead of the gangrene ?

Wonder if ‘the Republicans’ will ever involve a distinction between those who are personally and directly complicit in fostering Trump criminality and abuse (and would be fingered by Trump in an act of revenge) and those who are not. Could the viable corpus of Congressional GOP cutting its losses ever mean amputating parts of its own legislative legs to stay ahead of the gangrene ?

Nope. Because the infection is truly everywhere.
It’s in their raccoon wounds.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Nope. Because the infection is truly everywhere.
It’s in their raccoon wounds.

Fun fact: the Raccoon was the symbol of the Whig Party, the GOP's forerunner. The Dems hung that on them because they were perceived as insufficiently harsh on teh bleks, so they were coons. Murka. 

Anyway, even though it was imposed on them by the opposition, the Whigs ran with it, so you had posters like this one from Tennessee. 

1.jpg

• Like 2

Seems like the economy could play into this w/respect to timing. If it goes south prior to the election, the Democratic candidates may gain more, but if it sputters along and then crashes after 2020 then they will catch more of the blame because of the house. If Moscow Mitch is still running the show you can be sure of that wouldn’t you think?

33 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Ew fingered by Trump. Nightmare fuel before bed 

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Let me tell you about a guy named Ceasar. 

Trump is destroying the GOP.  At some point the Republicans are going to cut their losses and take the hit to fight another day.  Will it be before the 2020 election?  I don’t know but the writing has been on the wall since the midterms.  The Republicans are not getting any stronger with Donald Trump as their leader.  It doesn’t matter how militant his brainwashed base is, they will move on because real power is on the line now. 

trump isn't caesar, dude.

he's fucking nero. nobody is stabbing him. he might off himself, a la nero, but for some reason he wields enough influence that what were once mostly respectable republican lawmakers (bear with me, i voted for many) are fucking toeing his line.

FUCKING BORIS JOHNSON'S BROTHER left the government in the UK and john fucking cornyn is carrying trump's fucking water.

fuck em all.

they aren't stabbing anyone, or impeaching anyone.

they are fucking retiring.

republicans are cowards, and trump is their nero. 

i guess, maybe caligula? but even caligula was killed by his own guards.

he's just a fucking disaster, and i want this timeline to end.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

trump isn't caesar, dude.

he's fucking nero. nobody is stabbing him. he might off himself, a la nero, but for some reason he wields enough influence that what were once mostly respectable republican lawmakers (bear with me, i voted for many) are fucking toeing his line.

FUCKING BORIS JOHNSON'S BROTHER left the government in the UK and john fucking cornyn is carrying trump's fucking water.

fuck em all.

they aren't stabbing anyone, or impeaching anyone.

they are fucking retiring.

republicans are cowards, and trump is their nero. 

i guess, maybe caligula? but even caligula was killed by his own guards.

he's just a fucking disaster, and i want this timeline to end.

I’m really sorry if I gave the impression Trump was a Caesar. 

Point was that anything can happen.  You think we’re in a situation where it’s easy to make political calculations and predictions?  Hell no, we’ve never seen anything like what is currently going on in our political system. Trump is making Richard Nixon look like a Boy Scout. 

You mentioned things going on across the pond.  Did anyone see Theresa May getting ousted for Boris Johnson two years ago?  Hell no because that would be crazy stupid right?  Again, anything can happen. 

We know the Republicans are weak and spineless.  But I can guarantee you none of the Republicans in office are liking where this Trump train is headed.  It might take us until November 2020 to get there but something will boil over eventually because it has to. 

See, anything can happen.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

4 hours ago, Lurch said:

If he were to drop out of the election, he could resign and make Pence POTUS. Pence running as incumbent would be disastrous for Dems. I agree that’s why Pelosi is holding off.

That milquetoast Pence couldn't win shit. He has the charisma of a paper clip. He has the same robotic style of campaign speech as Hillary, just with a voice that's less shrill. He'd likely lose the nomination to a primary challenger. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I know I’m in the crackpot minority on this but I don’t expect Trump to make it on the ballot come November 2020.  

Don’t ask me what I think will happen because I don’t know but Trump and his movement is a dying brand and I expect the deterioration to accelerate over the next year as Trump gets more disconnected from reality.  It’s not going to be pretty because there is no bottom.

Mooch agrees with you 

12 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

I have no idea what this video shows or even is even trying to say because I’m not gonna click on it, but I went ahead and negged the poster of it because he’s always such a fucking idiot. 

Your attitude is exactly what he is talking about in the video.

Edited by EMAWesome

10 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I know I’m in the crackpot minority on this but I don’t expect Trump to make it on the ballot come November 2020.  

Don’t ask me what I think will happen because I don’t know but Trump and his movement is a dying brand and I expect the deterioration to accelerate over the next year as Trump gets more disconnected from reality.  It’s not going to be pretty because there is no bottom.

90% of the posters in this thread, including you, have no business commentating on anyone else being disconnected from reality.

• Fuck You 6

16 hours ago, triplehorn said:

Jarvanka evidently eyeing Nikki Haley.  Nikki may have WH aspirations, but it's in her interest to pursue it after the all the Trump trash hits the landfill.

Could very well be true but Mikey has been a loyal soldier for trump. Perhaps more than anyone.  And dumping the VP is a much better step than any random cabinet secretary. 

And I agree that Haley wouldn’t want pences job to shut up. 

25 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Your attitude is exactly what he is talking about in the video.

Good. 

Trump and Trumpkins such as yourself deserve zero respect. If you don’t like my attitude then that just means I’m doing it right. 

You should post another trump related video to help raise money for all the hurricane victims in Alabama. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

DJ is still stung about Alabama but he may have been put in time-out not to talk about it. So Jerome Powell, Obama, DACA are all targets thus far. And wow, isn't Cramer on NBC? Take that Fox News! You're on the dunce's seat today! Better get rolling on your Trump stories.

He’s mad at Kilmeade for saying yesterday that Mexico was never going to pay for the wall.  

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Could very well be true but Mikey has been a loyal soldier for trump. Perhaps more than anyone.  And dumping the VP is a much better step than any random cabinet secretary. 

And I agree that Haley wouldn’t want pences job to shut up. 

No shit.

I bet they are advocating that Trump replace Pence with Ivanka.

10 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

The whole nepotism thing is awful. I mean she is listed as a White House Advisor, has been attending meetings overseas with officials (such as former Secretary of State) and is pretty much a poser like her Dad. Like they all are. Why does everyone give them a pass?

Trump supporters are the same people who legit bitched non-stop 3 years ago about the "Clinton dynasty" and "Chelsea is being groomed to run for president!" but then they throw out shittastic ideas like Don Jr. and Ivanka running for President and how we will have 24 years of uninterrupted Trump rule.  But also "why do liberals care so much about the royal family? We fought the Brits so we didn't have shit like that!" 

• Like 1

Jobs report less than expected. Also, downward revisions for June and July (seems like a recurring theme). Economists had been expected 158,000.

U.S. employers added a modest 130,000 jobs in August, a sign that hiring in the United States has slowed but remains durable in the face of global economic weakness and President Donald Trump’s trade war with China.

The job gain was boosted by the temporary hiring of 25,000 government workers for the 2020 Census. Excluding all government hiring, the economy added just 96,000 jobs in August, the fewest since May.

In its employment report Friday, the government revised down its estimate of job growth for June and July by a combined 20,000. That revision reduced average job growth for the past six months to 150,000, down from 223,000 for all of last year. Still, hiring at the current monthly average would be enough to keep up with population growth and lower the unemployment rate over time.

https://www.apnews.com/92face88800f4e33b5a8911506bd4b45

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Wait, POTUS said job numbers were great just yesterday?  I'm bamboozled.

He was probably reading the papers about the ADP National Employment Report, which is an unofficial outfit that releases their best guesses a day before the official BLS numbers are released.

“Really Good Jobs Numbers!” President Trump tweeted on Thursday, an apparent reference to the ADP report.

The service sector accounted for the vast majority of new hires in August, adding 184,000 employees while the goods-producing sector added just 11,000 workers, partly under pressure from Trump’s trade war with China.

A souring economic forecast and tense trade dispute war between the world's two largest economies have raised concerns about an impending recession in the U.S.

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/460070-private-sector-adds-195k-jobs-in-august-beating-expectations-adp

My understanding is that POTUS can't see the numbers until the morning of the official release. The media scolded him a year ago for tweeting an hour early about the official release, which goes against a federal directive issued by Reagan in 1985.

President Trump on Friday shattered several decades of protocol — and possibly violated a federal directive — by hinting strongly that the monthly U.S. jobs report would be a rosy one 69 minutes before its release.

In an 11-word Twitter post, Trump jolted financial markets and provided the latest example of how he is reshaping the presidency to fit his freewheeling impulses, pushing aside years of tight controls on the public release of sensitive material that were put in place by Republicans and Democrats.

“Looking forward to seeing the employment numbers at 8:30 this morning,” Trump tweeted at 7:21 a.m.

Trump, like past presidents, is given a preview of the sensitive report before its official release, but a 1985 directive issued by the Reagan administration requires that the executive branch not comment on the information until an hour after it is made public.

Within seconds of Trump’s post, the U.S. dollar strengthened and Treasury yields rose as investors anticipated the strong report they thought Trump had foreshadowed. They appear to have read Trump’s tweet correctly. The Bureau of Labor Statistics announced that 223,000 jobs were created in May, beating expectations, and that the unemployment rate had fallen to 3.8 percent.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/trump-breaks-with-decades-of-protocol-with-tweet-before-release-of-jobs-report/2018/06/01/b89c0f26-65d0-11e8-a768-ed043e33f1dc_story.html

17 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Wait, POTUS said job numbers were great just yesterday?  I'm bamboozled.

Market manipulation. Someone tells him to tweet such and such, they buy or sell depending on the situation, actual report comes out and they then buy or sell... profit. Dotard is too dumb to orchestrate it, but i guarantee someone is doing it. 

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

DJ is still stung about Alabama but he may have been put in time-out not to talk about it. So Jerome Powell, Obama, DACA are all targets thus far. And wow, isn't Cramer on NBC? Take that Fox News! You're on the dunce's seat today! Better get rolling on your Trump stories.

Oh what I would give to hear him give a speech about QE.  Based on his lack of understanding of basic economic concepts (how tariffs work and printing money to pay off the debt come) to mind...I'm sure his explanation of a more complex aspect of economics would be a doozy.

Edited by DixonHur

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

The whole nepotism thing is awful. I mean she is listed as a White House Advisor, has been attending meetings overseas with officials (such as former Secretary of State) and is pretty much a poser like her Dad. Like they all are. Why does everyone give them a pass?

Speaking only for myself, it's a 'pick your battles' situation.  If I piped up with each Trump transgression I'd be breathless, and I really want to live to see this fucker burn.  A boy can dream anyway.

9 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Day 6 of tweets about Alabama and how he was right. Just can't let it go. 

Trump has a lifetime of annoying and badgering people into “Okay, whatever, Donald.  Can we move on to this more important issue?” to reinforce his notion that he is infallible.

38 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Market manipulation. Someone tells him to tweet such and such, they buy or sell depending on the situation, actual report comes out and they then buy or sell... profit. Dotard is too dumb to orchestrate it, but i guarantee someone is doing it. 

tenor.gif?itemid=11961925

• Like 3
  • Haha 1