Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I never had a reason to dig in.  The parties can do what they want.  Hillary Clinton quite literally bailed out the DNC -- it's no surprise that they wanted her as their candidate.

Again, our country's history is littered with examples of a few powerful men picking their party's candidate with NO input from the electorate.  This is a complete non-issue.  Always has been.

SusanSarandon2016mad.gif

7 minutes ago, zork said:

SusanSarandon2016mad.gif

I'm sure you think that's clever, but I fail to see what one celebrity's (in my opinion) misguided viewpoint has to do with anything.  Susan Sarandon has a pulpit but not much power.  I also think her reasoning is incredibly suspect, but she would probably think the same of me.  Love her work, though.

21 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I never had a reason to dig in.  The parties can do what they want.  Hillary Clinton quite literally bailed out the DNC -- it's no surprise that they wanted her as their candidate.

Again, our country's history is littered with examples of a few powerful men picking their party's candidate with NO input from the electorate.  This is a complete non-issue.  Always has been.

Hillary Clinton - history of being a Democrat, without reservation, bailed out the party

Bernie Sanders - screamed from high heaven he is not a Democrat, will never be a Democrat, bashed the Democratic Party

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm sure you think that's clever, but I fail to see what one celebrity's (in my opinion) misguided viewpoint has to do with anything.  Susan Sarandon has a pulpit but not much power.  I also think her reasoning is incredibly suspect, but she would probably think the same of me.  Love her work, though.

She is just a symbol of the rest that likely didn't like what happened for a myriad of reasons.  I suspect she and the other disaffected Bernie-Followers, not just bros, were butthurt and used the Hillary/DNC(culminating in the lawsuit mentioned above) stuff to express their sadness in the loss of their guy.  Probably why the backroom deals are/were(historically) made.  

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Hillary Clinton - history of being a Democrat, without reservation, bailed out the party

Bernie Sanders - screamed from high heaven he is not a Democrat, will never be a Democrat, bashed the Democratic Party

Bernie Sanders - Also likely selected by Hillary, DWShultz, etc,  to be her foil in her coronation to the nomination.

-------------------------

Just for the record, not goal tending the un-goal-tendable but nevertheless:

8 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

2014-2016, 10,00,000 million tweets, posts, memes, news articles from Trump's dipshit suporters about how....."HiLlArY cLiNtOn cant be trusted with classified information!!11!!"

Then

tenor.gif?itemid=3571435

PotUS being incredibly short-sighted PotUS.  He made the judgement to release it as PotUS while likely giving away uber secret satellite intel, etc.

Hillary, while intent was not measured or not able to be measured according to Comey, wasn't in the  actual position as PotUS to have the legal framework to release such pictures or Classified documents even as SoSUS.  This because she hasn't been and likely will never be PotUS.  But you know that.  BTW, there are few if any R's, even reluctant current R's, left on the site to drown out the crickets.

Edited by zork
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, zork said:

BTW, there are few if any R's, even reluctant current R's, left on the site to drown out the crickets.

Which is understandable.  If there was a Democratic president in office, making an absolute fool of him/herself on a daily basis, who was easily the dumbest president in US history, who spent all day retweeting far left news articles and insane conspiracy theories, I'd be embarrassed as shit and avoid this place like  bedbug ridden trump property.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, zork said:

She is just a symbol of the rest that likely didn't like what happened for a myriad of reasons.  I suspect she and the other disaffected Bernie-Followers, not just bros, were butthurt and used the Hillary/DNC(culminating in the lawsuit mentioned above) stuff to express their sadness in the loss of their guy.  Probably why the backroom deals are/were(historically) made.  

I can understand someone being upset that back room deals happen.  I'm not particularly impressed by the fact that they don't understand history.  

15 hours ago, triplehorn said:

Wonder if ‘the Republicans’ will ever involve a distinction between those who are personally and directly complicit in fostering Trump criminality and abuse (and would be fingered by Trump in an act of revenge) and those who are not. Could the viable corpus of Congressional GOP cutting its losses ever mean amputating parts of its own legislative legs to stay ahead of the gangrene ?

Wonder if some of those Republicans that have been bailing on their Congressional seats ahead of next year, are trying to jump clear of the SS Trumptanic, rather than risk going down with it.   Sure, some of them don’t want the L on their record, but it’s interesting how many don’t want to even try.   

1 hour ago, zork said:

BTW, there are few if any R's, even reluctant current R's, left on the site to drown out the crickets.

horseshit, they're here, they're just hiding in daily texan and the gone posters thread, bitching about how they can't circle jerk their way to posrep because negs are worth just as much as posrep on this board.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Numbers and shit:

Campaign committee fundraising during presidents' first two years graph

And here's the grift: the campaign will raise another 100 million before the election, maybe more.  If he loses -- and especially if he sees a real chance of losing -- the campaign won't spend nearly all of that cash.  Let's say that it ends up with $75 million leftover.  There will be some significant campaign "wrap up" expenditures and events.....all held at Mar A Lago and such, renting blocks of rooms and ordering phantom champagne and caviar and shit.  The law says that the candidate can't just take the funds.  Fine.  Trump will spend them....at Trump-owned businesses.

He's just a common con-man, grifter, and money-launderer.  Don't think he's anything but that.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

OFF TOPIC 2016 Democratic Primary discussion but I want to weigh in on this:

This is where the “Hillary was an awful candidate” narrative falls apart for me.  Bernie was an overtly insurgent campaign attempting to take over the party.  He had his reasons for doing it which you may agree with but you can’t expect the career party and movement insiders of the institution you’re trying to hijack to treat you as an equal to someone that has been a leader inside the party for 25 years.  

You have to persuade those party insiders and potential challengers that you’re a superior leader to represent the movement of the Democratic Party.  Bernie doesn’t play this level of politics well and it is HIS brand that he doesn’t.  He owns his contempt for the political parties and it makes him appear more authentic because there are corruption problems in both parties.

Bernie is like the kid that never showed up for baseball practice, complains about not batting first on game day, and then blames the loss on his coaches for not letting him set the lineup.  

Bernie ran an effective campaign against Hillary during in the primary but he still managed to lose to her by nearly 4,000,000 actual votes.  A fact you don’t hear often. Obama overcame this same scenario against Hillary in 2008 because he was an awesome candidate and played the game well on every level, inside and outside. 

If Bernie was such an awesome candidate why couldn’t he get more votes than Hillary? And if Hillary was such a bad candidate, why couldn’t Bernie get more votes than her? 

Hillary didn’t go after Bernie much in the primary because she wanted his voters for the general election, she needed them.  Most people would consider this good politics.  It’s no surprise Warren has a ceasefire policy with Bernie in the 2020 cycle, it’s just good politics.  Bernie will back whoever the democrat nominee is again because he can’t appeal well enough as a 3rd party independent to win. Something he has in common with Trump. 

Trump and Bernie ran similar style of campaigns as far as being abrasive outsiders to the political system they wanted to run. The difference is the GOP let Trump walk all over them while Hillary used her political powers to defeat Bernie.  Some people call this rigging but I don’t see it that way because the voters got an opportunity to vote for Bernie.

Bernie is giving it another shot though and he’s running the same campaign, I guess he doesn’t think it was that rigged against him in 2016 if he thinks he can still be successful.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

50 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Yeah, I was with him word for word and about to call him an even more prophetic luminary than Orwell or Huxley, but then I saw he trashed both Dumb & Dumber and Beavis and Butthead in the next sentence (neither of which are actually even dumb; they’re cleverly crude).  So, now I say Carl Sagan’s shit is all retarded.

At least he left Kingpin out of it

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Is it just me or does that guy resemble Captain Kangaroo with a bad dye job?

Careful. You're dating yourself (I'm getting old too). The captain was slightly plumper by my vague recollection. I wonder if this joker has a Mr. Green Jeans too.