Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

https://www.businessinsider.com/spies-react-trump-g7-summit-russian-asset-2019-8

At the summit, Trump aggressively lobbied for Russia to be readmitted into the G7, refused to hold it accountable for violating international law, blamed former President Barack Obama for Russia's annexation of Crimea, and expressed sympathy for Russian President Vladimir Putin.

One former senior Justice Department official, who worked closely with the former special counsel Robert Mueller when he was the FBI director, told Insider Trump's behavior was "directly out of the Putin playbook. We have a Russian asset sitting in the Oval Office."

A former CIA operative told Insider the evidence is "overwhelming" that Trump is a Russian agent, but another CIA and NSA veteran said it was more likely Trump was currying favor with Putin for future business deals.

Meanwhile, a recently retired FBI special agent told Insider that Trump's freewheeling and often unfounded statements make it more likely that he's a "useful idiot" for the Russians. But "it would not surprise me in the least if the Russians had at least one asset in Trump's inner circle."

• Like 1

So one of his handlers bailed (think it was mentioned already).  A legitimate firing.  When does she write her book?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/29/politics/trump-personal-assistant-madeleine-westerhout/index.html

President Donald Trump's personal assistant, who's been with him since the start of his administration, has left the White House, a source familiar with the situation told CNN.

Madeleine Westerhout resigned as executive assistant to the President on Thursday after Trump learned she had shared information with reporters at a recent off-the-record meeting, during which she didn't say her comments were off-the-record, according to sources familiar with her departure. Westerhout had discussed White House affairs during the session, which a reporter disclosed to White House staff. 

A former White House official told CNN that Trump was close with Westerhout -- whose office was directly in front of the Oval Office -- but discussing personal information about his family was a red line.

The New York Times was the first to report Westerhout's exit. Citing a source with knowledge of her departure, The Times reported that Westerhout was considered a "separated employee" Thursday and would not be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

“I dump my mediocre cum in a brown lady so therefore I cannot be racist!”

That’s next level “I have a black friend”.

Awesome. Governor Matt Bevin held a rally in Pikeville, Kentucky.  About 75 people showed up to hear Trump Jr.

EDKV2adXUAENuYt?format=jpg&name=4096x409Of course, 

Of course, social media has already gotten hold of this photo.

His whole brand was faked by a philosophy of "fake it until you make it". It's all stage craft and now he is in a position where his slight of hand and marketing tricks can and will be called out for the lies they are. It's why he hates the media so much, because they pull back the curtain on how much of a fraud he is to the core. Trump the carnival barker. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

His whole brand was faked by a philosophy of "fake it until you make it". It's all stage craft and now he is in a position where his slight of hand and marketing tricks can and will be called out for the lies they are. It's why he hates the media so much, because they pull back the curtain on how much of a fraud he is to the core. Trump the carnival barker. 

To be fair he's probably responsible for two of the top 5 all time great cons. (1) that he was a rich, successful businessman and (2) that he gives a shit about anyone but himself, including that he gives a shit about America.

Remember who his enablers were. 

Edited by horncyclist
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

So one of his handlers bailed (think it was mentioned already).  A legitimate firing.  When does she write her book?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/29/politics/trump-personal-assistant-madeleine-westerhout/index.html

spacer.png

In other news,  NYT announces Maggie Haberman to move to new beat.....

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

To be fair he's probably responsible for two of the top 5 all time great cons. (1) that he was a rich, successful businessman and (2) that he gives a shit about anyone but himself, including that he gives a shit about America.

Remember who his enablers were. 

Yes.  The two things he's figured out in all his life: 1) He can promote himself as a brand that is rich prick that shits in a golden toilet.  2) American right wingers are a ready made cult that is ideal for his brand of grifting.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Low energy weather man. 

Fucking word salad.

"it looks like it's going to hit dead center."  DEAD CENTER OF WHAT, PAPAW?

"But it may be that you're going to evacuate.  We're gonna see what happens."  No, you dumb fuck.  I am gonna see what happens

"It's heading in one direction."  Well, most of them do, fuckface.

"

2 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

As Trump and his family pillage, grift, and steal everything not nailed down in Washington, there's this:

A national treasure,  no matter what one thinks of his political views or his how effective his presidency was.

And then there's this.  Sure, it's the Onion, and it's two years old, but damned if it isn't on point:

https://www.theonion.com/you-people-made-me-give-up-my-peanut-farm-before-i-got-1819585048

For generations, U.S. presidents have gone to great lengths to avoid potential conflicts of interest. When I was elected, I followed suit by placing my small business in a blind trust to assure our citizens that I would always put the country’s interests ahead of my own. It’s a vital presidential tradition. That’s why I find it a bit curious that our new commander-in-chief has been allowed to ignore it.

For Christ’s sake, you people made me get rid of my peanut farm before you let me be president.

I grew up on that farm. When my father died, I moved back home and worked those fields with my own two hands to keep it afloat. It was a hard job, but it was so rewarding. It wasn’t just a business—it was the place I called home. Letting go of the family farm was one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do, but I did it because the American people asked me to. I did it for their sake, without enthusiasm, but also without hesitation.

Boy, times sure have changed, haven’t they? I couldn’t help but notice that the current occupant of the White House owns more than 500 companies, has business interests across the Middle East and Asia, and owes hundreds of millions of dollars to banks he is now responsible for regulating. It seems a touch unfair that a bigger fuss was made about my little peanut operation than all his office towers, hotels, and golf courses combined. All I had was a farm, you know? A small, precious farm.

Seriously, it was just a few fields and a warehouse, and you idiots still appointed a special prosecutor and spent six months investigating it.

And where were my conflicts of interest, exactly? Seriously, do enlighten me, America, because I honestly have no idea. Did you worry I might be cutting deals in back rooms with the peanut butter lobby? Or that I might be too busy at harvest time to focus on the economy or the Middle East? Apparently, you did, and almost obsessively. Meanwhile, your new president holds a lease from the federal government to operate a $200 million hotel six blocks from the White House. I mean, come on!

Maybe I’m just a sucker. Apparently, all I needed to do was hand off control of the farm to my family. If I’d staged an elaborate song and dance about distancing myself—whatever that means—from all the day-to-day planting, picking, and salting, maybe I could have kept my peanut farm with the full blessing of you, the American people.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

"perhaps one of the biggest".  Here are a list of larger hurricanes AT LANDFALL, in the US alone:

Michael (Cat 5)

Andrew (Cat 5)

Camille (Cat 5)

Labor Day 1935 (Cat 5)

Irma (Cat 4)

Hugo (Cat 4)

Carla (Cat 4)

Okeechobee (Cat 4)

This list ignores 23 Cat 4/5 hurricanes that made landfall outside of the US.

I always thought Celia was a 4/5.   High end 3. 

20 hours ago, housious said:

I have to wonder if Trump wishes he never ran for president. Endless investigations, lawsuits, etc can't be a good way to spend your final decade or so of life. 

Dude could have just kept being rich and nobody would have cared. 

I think more than money he craves attention and adoration.  He has used his wealth (usually inflated) to get that attention, but being president gives him a spotlight no amount of money could.

10 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:
12 hours ago, retread said:

Funny, many of us laypersons with two functioning eyeballs have been making the same observation for the past couple of years. 

Yep. It's nice to hear them say it out loud, even though nothing matters.

37 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Lol

Well you’ll at least have to cancel your Trump is Hitler comparisons now Hugo.  

Hitler wouldn’t cancel his plans to go to Poland for anybody.  In fact, unlike trump, he was banking on the fact no Russians would be in attendance.  

Edited by Lobo

36 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Well you’ll at least have to cancel your Trump is Hitler comparisons now Hugo.  

Hitler wouldn’t cancel his plans to go to Poland for anybody.  In fact, unlike trump, he was banking on the fact no Russians would be in attendance.  

Uh, Hitler and Stalin initially split Poland.  The Russians absolutely were there when Hitler invaded.  They took the east half.

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Fast forward a few days and we’ll have Trump bashing Barr for not making up fake crimes. 

Trump is the guy at the poker table who folds to you after the turn, but then tells everybody he knows what you had and he knows he had you beat, so the only reason he folded was because he didn’t want you to get lucky on the river. 

Trump knows Comey is guilty of heinous crimes and could easily be sent to prison, but he won’t be charged and prosecuted out of the kindness of the AG’s heart. Otherwise, he’d for sure be doing hard time. 

• Like 1