2019 Rain Thread

Biff Tannen

It's supposed to weaken before it gets here, but all of that rain is "sagging" south into Harris County and points south. When I woke up this morning the news was all in Conroe and Liberty and Winnie. Now they're talking about Spring, Humble, and Baytown. 

Very similar to Allison. First day was bad, everyone thought it was mostly over, then BOOM two days later the worst occurs. 

Yeah, I thought we were pretty much done with the rain yesterday. It’s raining harder now than it did the last two days. As of last night I had dumped 6 inches of rain out of the gauge. We are already close to 4 inches of rain this morning and it didn’t start raining until about 7:30 or 8:00.

60267547b8e0ab6ec5cec2808f5031e4.jpg

565e34a698a09be6d3de7d8b014f1639.jpg

5 minutes ago, Hate said:

Yeah, I thought we were pretty much done with the rain yesterday. It’s raining harder now than it did the last two days. As of last night I had dumped 6 inches of rain out of the gauge. We are already close to 4 inches of rain this morning and it didn’t start raining until about 7:30 or 8:00.

nice lawn....you do that yourself? or hire it out??

Edited by Hpara759

Hire it out.  $30 per mow and it's worth every penny.

And the water has risen about 3 feet since I posted that picture. The rainfall rates are very Harveyesque this morning. It’s still nothing like the unfortunate people near Beaumont, but there will be some houses flooded in The Woodlands and Spring today.

8 minutes ago, Hate said:

Hire it out.  $30 per mow and it's worth every penny.

And the water has risen about 3 feet since I posted that picture. The rainfall rates are very Harveyesque this morning. It’s still nothing like the unfortunate people near Beaumont, but there will be some houses flooded in The Woodlands and Spring today.

I take it you’re working from home today too Hate? I live a couple of blocks from Hate, same subdivision. Fun times here but nothing like east of here. As he’s said, we’ve gotten lucky to be just on the periphery of this whole event. If this thing had come up a few miles west of where it actually did it would have sucked. As it is, the eye, or what passes for an eye with this storm, went directly over the top of our subdivision. Everyone stay safe out there. 

19 minutes ago, Hate said:

“Nice to finally be in the bullseye”

lol... tell that to the poor bastards who have gotten over 40 inches in the past 24 hours.

Looks like its not gonna let up for another day or so to the East. Beaumont and Winnie are absolutely toast

also, is it just me, or did the storm move back to the south?

My company is sending people home because of the flooding. We are downtown but many folks live in kingwood or north. They are offering hotel rooms for people who can not get home (parts of kingwood). Not sure if I will leave as I live in NW Houston and it looks ok up there (and we didn’t flood in Harvey).

17 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

“Nice to finally be in the bullseye”

lol... tell that to the poor bastards who have gotten over 40 inches in the past 24 hours.

Looks like its not gonna let up for another day or so to the East. Beaumont and Winnie are absolutely toast

also, is it just me, or did the storm move back to the south?

Sure as hell isn't coming north.

52 minutes ago, Clackles said:

I think it’s @Pancho that’s in the Lake Houston area?  That area has been getting hammered for hours.

Yup. I’m stuck at a gas station at West Lake Houston and Will Clayton. Been here about an hour and a half. Lightning struck 50ft in front of me. Got lots of videos of idiots driving, but not sure how to post them.

its like Harvey flooding over here. Not sure I’ll get home anytime soon 

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

Yup. I’m stuck at a gas station at West Lake Houston and Will Clayton. Been here about an hour and a half. Lightning struck 50ft in front of me. Got lots of videos of idiots driving, but not sure how to post them.

thoughts and prayers!

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Damn.  Hang in there.  The heavy stuff is starting to fall here in 2nd Ward, but nothing like what’s been going on up there.

9 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Good gas station or bad one?  I mean, do they have a good roller dog and/or a Chester's?  I'd just leave it in park and hang out and eat in the dry.  

51 minutes ago, Pancho said:

You need to head to Iguana Joe's and start pounding margaritas.  There are a few hotels nearby as well.  You need to look at this as an opportunity.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BearSchlong said:

SIAP, but did we ever come to a consensus as to the best radar website that doesn't take a subscription?  I'll hang up and listen.

Just got word from my cousin that my aunt and uncle flooded. . .they did not flood during Harvey.

And everyone that did flood during Harvey that I know of flooded again.

Bear, I use the NOAA weather app on my iPhone. I assume they have one for those with Android as well. It’s a paid app to get the full features. Think I paid $3 or $4 for it. I travel for work about 35 weeks a year and it is fantastic. Has been on top of every bad storm I’ve been through. 

NOAA Radar Pro