2019 Rain Thread

Biff Tannen

3 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

32+ inches in 24 hours and still raining.

EE1TUM1WkAAH8UP?format=jpg&name=large

Yeah that 32.2 inch dot is fannett, Texas.  Closer to 40 inches now, like bearschlong said, everyone who flooded in Harvey out here flooded again and lots of people that didn’t, flooded this time.  I’m one of the fortunate ones that did not flood.  Lots of people in need right now reliving a nightmare.  We had 50 inches during Harvey but it came down over several days, most of this came down between 8pm last night and 8am this morning.  

10 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

I didn't leave the office either.  Rice cooker made me some rice in a few minutes.  Some sausage would have been nice.

You know, other than the "total regional destruction and loss of my home" thing....I look back fondly on flood/weather days growing up in Houston.  Now, our home never flooded.  But we had days where we were stuck in place, that sort of thing.  It was always good for making a frozen pizza, reading a book or playing a game while the TV was on in the background with the weather on, that sort of thing (I was a kid, so not much beer at the time).  Those were good days.

But of course, when the water reaches the front door....whole different damned ballgame.  Wishing the SETX folks a lot of pizza, beer, etc....and not water at the door.

Oh, and also, this is making the rounds.  You know, trying to find the rainbow in the rain and whatnot: the last time it flooded like this in Houston, the Stros won the World Series.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Live in Kingwood work at Allen Parkway and Waugh.  I got into work before the worst of it plowed through.  Buffalo Bayou rose quite a bit but looks to be going back down.   Should be a fun drive home.

My MIL lives in the Energy Corridor and is a docent at Bayou Bend and had a shift there this morning. She's now stuck downtown and just called to ask if she could get back home via I-10 or Memorial. I told Ms CL to tell her to go find a place to drink wine and wait it out. She's not getting home anytime soon. 

absolutely nothing in 78705 but a few clouds.  what is going on here?

Storms coming in from the hill country moving SE. Of course much of it fizzles out before hitting the city because fuck you Austin. But at least the hill country/lake watersheds are getting some. That's really more important. Looks like a decent cell might make it over south/central Austin too.

No expert but on radar it looks like Imelda's got a bit of a tail firing up in the afternoon heat.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The rain finally stopped here a while ago. We ended up with 11 inches of rain over the last 3 days, which was pretty much within the range that was forecast for our area. I’ve had the news on and I keep hearing something that I never imagined I would hear, but the phrase “worse than Harvey” has come up often.

Welp, it took me 3 hours to get from Kirby/Main to the Heights. Had to go all the way south to bw8 just to get on a freeway, and then took 288 back north to i10. I10 was closed, so had to find a place to cross white oak bayou. All roads were flooded. Finally went up to 610, went east to i10, made a u turn the  went 610 west to yale

definitely white knuckled a lotta water. By far the most harrowing drive ive made in my 33 years on this planet