2019 Rain Thread

Biff Tannen

17 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

WE GOTS RAIN IN BEE CAVE!!

A good shower.  Front is moving in (again, sorta rare in Aug.) and it's definitely enough to wet stuff, might be getting a quarter inch afore it's all over.
30% chance today but man I wouldn't have expected it.
Again tomorrow, before the front washes out.  It could happen to you!

You lucky son of a bitch.

3 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Really need to spread some ant poison. Guess I’ll give it a go this afternoon and hope I get hit with another wave tonight. Fingers crossed...knock on wood...no jinx!

I'm pretty sure the ant poison needs to remain dry.  (unless you are reverse jinxing it)

13 hours ago, phdhorn said:

WE GOTS RAIN IN BEE CAVE!!

A good shower.  Front is moving in (again, sorta rare in Aug.) and it's definitely enough to wet stuff, might be getting a quarter inch afore it's all over.
30% chance today but man I wouldn't have expected it.
Again tomorrow, before the front washes out.  It could happen to you!

OF FUCKING COURSE YOU DID!!

Exhibit 197 of why phd doesn't just report the weather, he makes it. Weather Warlock.

44 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

As the storms formed yesterday, they made two beautiful red blobs of rain, with just a 2-3 mile gap between them.

Brisket lives slap-dab in the middle of that gap.  Furk.

I hear ya. 

Had a really nice cell moving Southeast from between Clifton and Lake Whitney.  Coming directly at Waco/Hewitt/Lorena, and actually extended almost north to West.  Then Lake Waco farted in it's general direction, sending it straight south.  I got enough droplets that I had to go to the gas station and wash my windshield.

45 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Last evening was sitting at a great little icehouse in San Marcos when the storm came through. Cold beer, cool breeze, heavy rain and lightening and of course Coeds in tank tops dancing in the rain. It was amazing.

Pics aren't coming through.  Fix it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

I checked my 10 day forecast for NW Austin last night and it had 100+ on every day but the tenth day out.

This morning I check the same forecast and it only shows 100 for today and tapering down to 94 10 days out.

Is something happening that I did not read about on this thread?

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Assman said:

Officially 6 weeks without rain here in Abilene.

So it's either going to rain on opening weekend or the weekend after?  Great.  I'll be up in Haskell County the 6th-8th, probably shooting more tequila than birds, but it will inevitably rain then.