2019 Rain Thread

Biff Tannen

The next 10 days look to be favorable for keeping this summer "cooler" than normal.
file.php?id=15820&t=1
file.php?id=15819&t=1
Damn I've never been so happy to see some brown. So much rain the last 14 days...still standing water in some fields, rain this AM

Final grader guy for my lot cant grade since it's so muddy.

Next 3 summers will be a drought and I'll pay up the ass in water bills for my yard

Forecast updated as a bit warmer and less rain than earlier (shocked, SHOCKED I tell you!).
But it's still gonna cool off pretty good beginning tomorrow night for a few days (highs near 90° but not much over... maybe a half inch of rain here/there).

I'll take it just before the hottest two weeks of the year (traditionally, last week in July-first week in August).

I watered my lawn yesterday (for the first time all year, so that’s nice), and washed my truck and my wife’s car this weekend. So I’m doing my part to pull the rain back to Austin this week. 

Edited by hornian

14 minutes ago, hornian said:

I watered my lawn yesterday (for the first time all year, so that’s nice), and washed my truck and my wife’s car this weekend. So I’m doing my part to pull the rain back to Austin this week. 

Same.

I reprogrammed the sprinkler system and detailed my car.

11 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

Have we still not hit 100 in Austin yet this year?

I believe we have two 100+ days on record so far.

edit: I say that because I heard a weather man on the radio say it the other day, but in looking at the ABIA weather station I don't see any. Maybe at Mabry?

Edited by Orange&White

28 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

We have six 100+ days now (all last week).

But in one of the two hottest weeks of the year, we have 91°.  Nine-tee-one.  Niner Uno.

And it'll be like this 3-4 more days... again, one of the two hottest weeks of the entire year.

njot94bnbyd21.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We have six 100+ days now (all last week).

But in one of the two hottest weeks of the year, we have 91°.  Nine-tee-one.  Niner Uno.

And it'll be like this 3-4 more days... again, one of the two hottest weeks of the entire year.
Is there one official reading per city? Or do we take the highest reading from a group?

46 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

I think Bergstrom and Mabry are both official readings for record purposes.

From 1898-1938 official weather kept at UT.
From 1939 - official weather kept at Mabry.
From 1947-1983 unofficial weather kept at Bergstrom AFB.
From 1983-1999 official (NWS) weather kept at Bergstrom AFB.
From 1999 - official weather kept at ABIA (name/type location change).

There is some Rain heading down 35 from Dallas.  Most of it is east of the interstate, but it might hold together and give us a good soak later this afternoon.

Chances of Rain remain good through Sunday morning.

We.  Shall.  See.

I think most of us will see some, that's what I think.

The "traditional" hottest day of the year is August 6.  2 days before that, we've gotten about 1/4" here and the current temp is about 78°, with a high "only" about 94°.

I will fucking take this any day.

Yeah, the heat's comin' back early this week.  But to have this on August 4 is pretty sweet.

1.7" in South Austin.  Did not see that coming.  Lingering humidity today combined with the 100 degree ambient temps, really a fun cocktail..  

I have to go re-do the entire fucking yard now in Mosquito garlic shit.  Fuckers are having a club med out there right now. 

1.7" in South Austin.  Did not see that coming.  Lingering humidity today combined with the 100 degree ambient temps, really a fun cocktail..  
I have to go re-do the entire fucking yard now in Mosquito garlic shit.  Fuckers are having a club med out there right now. 

Enjoy your 1.7”

78757 got a whopping 0.16 inch.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Just did a bunch of work in the back yard, same thing. Yesterday we were in the pool and I told my wife how great it was that we finally dried out enough to get rid of the mosquitos. My bad. FML.

• 2 weeks later...

WE GOTS RAIN IN BEE CAVE!!

A good shower.  Front is moving in (again, sorta rare in Aug.) and it's definitely enough to wet stuff, might be getting a quarter inch afore it's all over.
30% chance today but man I wouldn't have expected it.
Again tomorrow, before the front washes out.  It could happen to you!

• Like 1