2019 Texas Football Season - "#8 Go Fuck Yourself Bitch"

Xcalibur

6 minutes ago, Goodman said:

It's going to be very difficult for someone to dethrone Casey once it's his turn, the staff loves him. 995's keep dismissing him and it seems like our general fanbase has too, kid's a winner. It's been mentioned but the staff thinks he is a better version of Greg Ward. If that turns true, he'll be a winner here too.

Yeah, but let's see if Casey waits 2 more years to get his shot. 

9 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Yeah, but let's see if Casey waits 2 more years to get his shot. 

I like your optimism but odds are strong that Sam will not play every game this or any season. Just like at RB, in this offense you need a legitimate 3 deep at both positions and we're close to being there.

1 minute ago, Goodman said:

I like your optimism but odds are strong that Sam will not play every game this or any season. Just like at RB, in this offense you need a legitimate 3 deep at both positions and we're close to being there.

A few garbage time second-half opportunities wouldn't hurt either.

2 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Truth. Casey only has to wait two more quarters. He'll play the whole second half against La Tech after we head to the locker room up 35-0 at halftime. 

48 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

In all serious, Vaughns being able to get to 250 means he might be able to play any position in the LB corps. That could be huge, espescially if we want McCullough or him at Mac. He might only be limited by his ability to learn the positions. 

Caleb Johnson gonna get some playtime too you think?

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

They're all going to get playing time. The question will be who's good enough to take the most. I'm not super optimistic on Caleb Johnson or the other JUCO we took, but we'll see. 

Orlando is pretty strict with the LB rotation. I don't see him regularly playing the second stringers outside of garbage time. They'll all get a shot, but I don't see him deviating from playing his main three guys almost exclusively once he knows who they are. 

8 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

I'll try and link the tweet, but Drayton saying (per Joe Cook) Whittington is up to 220lbs.  Came in at 200.  That's going to be a nice 1-2 punch. 

Someone else already said it upthread but hopefully he hasn't lost any speed. He already looked jacked at 200.

1 minute ago, markstanco said:
8 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:
I'll try and link the tweet, but Drayton saying (per Joe Cook) Whittington is up to 220lbs.  Came in at 200.  That's going to be a nice 1-2 punch. 

Not sure what the goal weight is, but he was lightening fast in HS at his old weight.

We're trying to slow him down and make him easier to tackle. Our offense is that good this year, have fun watching it.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, markstanco said:
10 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

Not sure what the goal weight is, but he was lightening fast in HS at his old weight.

I prefer my players to be heavying fast but to each his own, I guess. 

Quincey wasn't even close to that size back in high school. On our senior roster they had him listed at 195 lbs, but they also listed me at 215 and I could barely stay above 190. He started the body building after his career was over, I don't think we need to worry about Jourdan filling out like his brother.

In all serious, Vaughns being able to get to 250 means he might be able to play any position in the LB corps. That could be huge, espescially if we want McCullough or him at Mac. He might only be limited by his ability to learn the positions. 

Counterpoint: A 250-lb person cannot effectively play linebacker in the Big-12