2019 Texas Football Season - "#8 Go Fuck Yourself Bitch"

Xcalibur

10 hours ago, markstanco said:
11 hours ago, Irieguy said:
Not remembering is NOT odd at all. Thinking anybody cares enough to do the research for you is odd. If you aren’t going to add any content at least don’t sidetrack and hope others do your work for you. It’s odd. 

This bothers you? I was mentioning a major storm during a game. I didnt ask for google research jackass. But yes, very odd personality for that post.

Google search overboard when all media history is on Texas Sports. 

https://texassports.com/sports/2013/6/27/FB_All_Time_Rosters.aspx

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

On 7/27/2019 at 9:18 PM, LTtxfan said:

Since it's slow.... Fyi ESPN article:

Position U: Which schools produce the most talent at each position

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27207990/position-u-which-schools-produce-most-talent-position# 

QB:  4. Texas 

Notable players: Major Applewhite, Chris Simms, Vince Young, Colt McCoy

RB:  7. Texas
Notable players: Ricky Williams, Cedric Benson, Jamaal Charles

OL:  9. Texas
Notable players: Jay Humphrey, Leonard Davis, Mike Williams, Derrick Dockery, Justin Blalock, Connor Williams

DB:  6. Texas
Notable players: Kenny VaccaroEarl Thomas, Quentin Jammer

DL:  7. Texas
Notable players: Shaun Rogers, Casey Hampton, Cory Redding, Marcus Tubbs, Tim Crowder, Brian Orakpo, Lamar Houston, Malcolm Brown

Texas did not make Top 10 for WR, TE, or LB...

Espin is hell bent on giving LSU the DBU title

Damn clickbait...

FCB...FCB...FCB...FCB...FCB...FCB...FCB

From FCB's article:

Here’s how I see the Big 12 finishing up in 2019:

No. 1 … Texas (10-2, 7-2) … losses at TCU and at Iowa State

No. 1 … Baylor (10-2, 7-2) … losses at Kansas State and home against Texas

No. 1 … Oklahoma (10-2, 7-2) … losses to Texas and at Baylor

No. 1 … Iowa State (10-2, 7-2) … losses at Baylor and at OU

No. 5 … TCU (8-4, 6-3) …

No. 6 … Texas Tech (7-5, 4-5)

No. 7 … Oklahoma State (6-6, 3-6)

No. 8 … Kansas State (5-7, 3-6)

No. 9 … Kansas (3-9, 1-8)

No. 10 … WVU (2-10, 0-9)

TEXAS TAKES THE BIG 12 CROWN ...

Because Texas holds a win over Baylor, and the Bears have head-to-head wins over both Iowa State and OU, the Bears advance to play Texas for the league title.

When Ehlinger was at Austin Westlake, he never beat Lake Travis and Brewer, the son of former Texas quarterback Robert Brewer.

But Ehlinger finally gets his revenge and makes good on the “mission” he declared last year, when he vowed if Texas got back to the Big 12 title game, Longhorn Nation would taste victory — not defeat.

Fuck Chip Brown
If we beat LSU and OU, we are not going to lose to both TCU and Iowa State.
Fuck Chip Brown

Uh, that would absolutely fit the bill for this program under Herman.

Baylor isn't going 10-2 though lololol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Injury update for fall camp...

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-football-healthy-roster-injury-update-fall-camp-2019-college-football-season-134063172/ 

Didn't see Marqez Bimage shoulder mentioned  (surgery in November 2018) so hopefully he's back to 100%.

Edited by LTtxfan

3 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Am I overly worried about our lack of returning starters? I don't have nearly the optimism I see from most here-- I don't think we'll be markedly worse but I'd be surprised if we lost fewer than three games.

Depends on the starter being replaced. I'm not overly concerned about losing Hager, or Wheeler, or Vahe, or Tre Watson.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Am I overly worried about our lack of returning starters? I don't have nearly the optimism I see from most here-- I don't think we'll be markedly worse but I'd be surprised if we lost fewer than three games.

The guys replacing those starters are significantly more talented, so it’s a question of inexperience and how fast they can pick up the scheme, whereas last year our defense’s issues were depth and talent. Orlando’s defense was an immediate turnaround at both UH and UT, so he’s shown the ability to get guys ready quickly in his defense and most of these guys have had at least two years repping his scheme and training under Yancy.

On offense, we have a junior Sam and 4 guys who’ve proven to be at least solid starters on the OL.  We have a good mix of proven starters and talented young guys at the skill positions. 

Overall, I think our offense will almost definitely be better than last year and can hopefully carry the team early while the young guys on defense get acclimated.

3 losses is definitely possible, but if we win even just ½ out of OU and LSU, it seems likely we get to 10 wins in the regular season (as long as Ehlinger stays generally healthy *knock on wood*). 

• Like 2

We don’t have a roster packed with returning starters, but we have been on a steep upslope of talent/development combination since Herman took over. Instead of wondering who will line up where there should be an OT, we now have problems like whether our uber-talented S will have to function as an LB in a shuffle that keeps our decent-not-great 2nd year LB on the bench. We’re not the ‘05 team yet, but we look good to me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

The guys replacing those starters are significantly more talented, so it’s a question of inexperience and how fast they can pick up the scheme, whereas last year our defense’s issues were depth and talent. Orlando’s defense was an immediate turnaround at both UH and UT, so he’s shown the ability to get guys ready quickly in his defense and most of these guys have had at least two years repping his scheme and training under Yancy.

On offense, we have a junior Sam and 4 guys who’ve proven to be at least solid starters on the OL.  We have a good mix of proven starters and talented young guys at the skill positions. 

Overall, I think our offense will almost definitely be better than last year and can hopefully carry the team early while the young guys on defense get acclimated.

3 losses is definitely possible, but if we win even just ½ out of OU and LSU, it seems likely we get to 10 wins in the regular season (as long as Ehlinger stays generally healthy *knock on wood*). 

Orlando's ability to quickly install his defenses at all his stops is a good point I hadn't considered. 2017's defense was elite but had a tendency to gave up some big plays. We don't have the same talent at LB as that defense, so our ceiling is lower, but it's definitely still a positive sign. 

Lately I've been starting to think that Coburn might be the most important non-Sam player on the team next year. If he steps up and starts to command consistent double teams, I think that gives Orlando more freedom to play around with personnel. Put another way: I think Coburn could be the key to having a defense with Overshown/Brown on the field rather than Dele. I'm interested to hear if others agree/disagree. 

10 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Orlando's ability to quickly install his defenses at all his stops is a good point I hadn't considered. 2017's defense was elite but had a tendency to gave up some big plays. We don't have the same talent at LB as that defense, so our ceiling is lower, but it's definitely still a positive sign. 

Lately I've been starting to think that Coburn might be the most important non-Sam player on the team next year. If he steps up and starts to command consistent double teams, I think that gives Orlando more freedom to play around with personnel. Put another way: I think Coburn could be the key to having a defense with Overshown/Brown on the field rather than Dele. I'm interested to hear if others agree/disagree. 

Most important non-Sam player has to be Shark McCulloch. We’ll be asking him to play off the ball more in coverage, esp in league games. He’s gotta be great if our defense wants to be solid this year. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Maybe. I'd probably say 1a) Coburn 1b) Cook/ Green whichever can lock one side of the field down (my money would be on Cook.)

Orlando's defensive philosophy is to disrupt the middle so the play goes outside where speed awaits. So yes, the nose guard is a big piece in this regard, but Orlando likes to be multiple. So having a lock down corner to funnel everything to one half of the field is very appealing a la Holton Hill. 

At this point I'd almost say whoever the 2 inside linebackers are. I don't want to hear about Ossai playing mac and vaughns playing rover. 

5 minutes ago, BigBenBamboozle said:

Most important non-Sam player has to be Shark McCulloch. We’ll be asking him to play off the ball more in coverage, esp in league games. He’s gotta be great if our defense wants to be solid this year. 

We talking this season or next? Shark will be gone next year

20 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Not sure if he's more important than LBs, but I am placing a pretty heavy bet on him providing some strong production. I have high hopes. And almost as high hope that Wilbon will break out just some of how Chris Nelson did as a Senior. Having a strong interior line can make a huge difference in football, and our defenses with Poona, Hassan, Malcom, and to a lesser degree Nelson last year, were all so much better for it.

I just looked up the Big 12 championship game last night to remind myself how we lost that game, and I forgot about Kris Boyd's 3 penalties (2 face mask and 1 interference I think) in the first half. He also saved a TD (that if IIRC they were only in position bc of his mistakes anyway), but I could do without his boom or bust play and would love Cook and Green to bring us back to just a solid, high-level floor with some big play ability. I don't even care if they only pick off only one or two passes each this year, just be solid.

And don't get me started on Breckyn Hager. There's no damn way Graham isn't at LEAST matching the production a senior Hager brought last year.

54 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

The guys replacing the starters were the depth that you say we didn’t have last season. 

1 hour ago, BigHorn'13 said:

At this point I'd almost say whoever the 2 inside linebackers are. I don't want to hear about Ossai playing mac and vaughns playing rover. 

We’re likely only going to use 1 ILB most of the year, unless Caleb Johnson breaks out, but having Overshown at Joker and Foster at Nickel will make it seem like we have 3 linebackers on the field in obvious run situations.

1 hour ago, BurdineBandit said:

And almost as high hope that Wilbon will break out just some of how Chris Nelson did as a Senior. Having a strong interior line can make a huge difference in football, and our defenses with Poona, Hassan, Malcom, and to a lesser degree Nelson last year, were all so much better for it.

Nelson didn’t really break out last year. He was the same as always, stout in the run game without any real pass rush. Wilbon can provide the same, but Coburn breaking out as a disruptive force would be a big upgrade over NT last year, and lead to a real chance for our defense to significantly improve.

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The guys replacing the starters were the depth that you say we didn’t have last season. 

Do you honestly not understand the difference between a true freshman that’s not ready to play and a RS freshman that’s now had one and a half years in Orlando’s system and Yancy’s strength program? Guys like Green, Coburn, Ojomo, Carson, Green, Adeoye, Jamison, Ossai, Vaughns, and Overshown weren’t ready to play last year but it’s reasonable to expect them to be ready to paly heavy minutes this year. Plus, McCulloch has now switched positions and we added two JUCOs at LB. So yeah, it can be true that we lacked depth last year but we have more talent ready this year.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

(as long as Ehlinger stays generally healthy *knock on wood*). 

You should feel a whole lot better about the backup QBs than you did in 2018. Buechele was adequate when he got passes off, but completely a non-entity in the run game, other than handing off or pitching. This year, Casey Thompson has the running chops (not a Fla disease) and his passing has looked decent, so I won't be experiencing rivulets of greasy diarrhea running down my legs if Sam is out for a while. Long-term injury? Roschon better be ready to grow up, stat.

Since 2013, I’ve been overly optimistic about the upcoming season every year. It was due to a combination of artificially high recruiting rankings that didn’t reflect reality very well, and a head coach change.

However, this year I really believe we are going to have a good year. Our recruiting has been much better and I don’t feel we have many recruits that came in that were worse than their ratings. That, combined with the coaching staff demonstrating they can coach in big games gives me hope for a 10-2 or 11-1 season.

43 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Since 2013, I’ve been overly optimistic about the upcoming season every year. It was due to a combination of artificially high recruiting rankings that didn’t reflect reality very well, and a head coach change.

However, this year I really believe we are going to have a good year. Our recruiting has been much better and I don’t feel we have many recruits that came in that were worse than their ratings. That, combined with the coaching staff demonstrating they can coach in big games gives me hope for a 10-2 or 11-1 season.

This and Yancy McKnight actually developing football players and not poseurs/bodybuilders or whatever the fuck Moorer did with strength & conditioning during CFS's tenure.

• Like 1

I vote Zach Shackelford as the most important non-Sam player. I may even consider him for the most important player period. By "important", I'm giving a lot of weight to "not replaceable with our current roster". I believe this OL has a real chance at being special. I can articulate how different combinations of players would work, but they all revolve around a healthy, experienced C.

Orlando's defense is a big guy causing a traffic jam at the point of attack, and a whole lot of other guys swarming. The swarming is specific. In our last two season openers, we've had some brand new players on the field having some, "Wait, was my job the curl or the flat?" moments. The constant suspensions and injuries for last season's opener thrust a lot of talented newbies on the field.

Yes, Texas is replacing 8 "starters" on the defensive side. However, "starters" is only a label. There's a healthy rotation of players at every position who have seen game action and been part of this defense. We shouldn't be playing defenders who are still learning the playbook.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Having a guy who can absorb 2 blockers is just death on the running game.  Getting a free defender with the kind of athleticism Texas is putting around the ball is going to result in a lot of short gains and TFLs.  It's what Poona did for the 2017 team and I hope Coburn can do for 2019.

6 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Errbody is worried about defensive losses/experience, even with supposedly more talented players coming up.  There's nothing coming that an infusion of violence, bloodlust, and psychosis won't remedy.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GoldAppleCorps said:

I vote Zach Shackelford as the most important non-Sam player. I may even consider him for the most important player period. By "important", I'm giving a lot of weight to "not replaceable with our current roster". I believe this OL has a real chance at being special. I can articulate how different combinations of players would work, but they all revolve around a healthy, experienced C.

Orlando's defense is a big guy causing a traffic jam at the point of attack, and a whole lot of other guys swarming. The swarming is specific. In our last two season openers, we've had some brand new players on the field having some, "Wait, was my job the curl or the flat?" moments. The constant suspensions and injuries for last season's opener thrust a lot of talented newbies on the field.

Yes, Texas is replacing 8 "starters" on the defensive side. However, "starters" is only a label. There's a healthy rotation of players at every position who have seen game action and been part of this defense. We shouldn't be playing defenders who are still learning the playbook.

Ehh. Shack is average to above average but not much more and if he goes down for an extended period of time, then we probably plug Kerstetter in there and don't lose too much. Then you can put Okafor at RT and you still have a decent OL. 

• Like 1