2019 Texas Football Season - "#8 Go Fuck Yourself Bitch"

Xcalibur

Other conference injuries:

TCU's kicker reminding everyone that electric scooters are dumb as shit: https://www.foxnews.com/sports/tcu-kicker-cole-bunce-scooter-car-injury

And it looks like we slept a Baylor DE for good, while another quit the team: https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2019/08/02/report-deonte-williams-medically-retires-after-suffering-arm-injury-vs-texas-last-seasonmarje-smith-quits-baylor-football

Just now, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Its my dads birthday too.  We will be getting tix. 

My 70 year old mother's birthday is just a few weeks later. She's been to 10 texas games in her life, the last one being the KSU game in the rain a few years ago, and is 10-0 in games she's attended which includes a Big 12 championship game. I got her a ticket as well for her birthday, she's a good luck charm.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, BigXII said:

EBSQ7uKXoAIOKjw?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Gotta get my sister in Austin to pick up a copy of this.  Cover of SI...Sam's living the dream (except the Dad thing obviously).  Time for Sam, TH, Orlando and the fucking Texas mutherfucking Longhorns to start stepping on throats.  

17 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Gotta get my sister in Austin to pick up a copy of this.  Cover of SI...Sam's living the dream (except the Dad thing obviously).  Time for Sam, TH, Orlando and the fucking Texas mutherfucking Longhorns to start stepping on throats.  

this is some special shit in the making. It's like he was destined for this since birth.

4 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

1 Alabama 2 Clemson 3 Georgia 4 Oklahoma???

And then put Sam on the cover?

SI belong to ESPN now?

There are 4 different covers, they call them the "Elite 4." It's, according to SI, the 4 best QBs in college football:

-Sam Ehlinger

-Trevor Lawrence

-Jake Fromm

-Justin Herbert

If you notice, behind Ehlinger, it says "Year of the QB," that's the theme of the covers.

Edited by BigXII
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

1 Alabama 2 Clemson 3 Georgia 4 Oklahoma???

And then put Sam on the cover?

SI belong to ESPN now?

Everyone’s playoff predictions are very vanilla this year. I tried searching for any publication that correctly predicted the 2014-2017 playoffs last year and couldn’t find one, which isn’t surprising.

1 minute ago, BigXII said:

There are 4 different covers, they call them the "Elite 4." It's, according to SI, the 4 best QBs in college football:

-Sam Ehlinger

-Trevor Lawrence

-Jake Fromm

-Justin Herbert

Fromm over Tua? That's some bullshit right there, but on the other hand, 3 out of 4 is a pretty good average for the national sports media these days.

Just now, Walden Ponderer said:

Fromm over Tua? That's some bullshit right there, but on the other hand, 3 out of 4 is a pretty good average for the national sports media these days.

Yeah, that's the snub that is generating the talk on the twitterverse. They knew what they were doing...

Cross posting this in case some of you are looking for podcasts, if not then ignore it you fucks.

- Horncast is a podcast network which is/was managed by @OnAComputer This includes Barking Carnival & 4th and 5.

- Longhorn Blitz - they now have Roach for recruiting as part of the show

- BON-Longhorn Republic

-Longhorn Confidential is Brian Davis' as the MC with Bohls and Golden as guests.

- Fire Tom Herman

- Eyes of TX is the IT podcast with Nahlin & Wells

- The Hook'em huddle I expect to start up during season again

- The Audible and Yahoo College podcast are good for national CFB

- Stick to Football is good for NFL and CFB, they are longhorn fans.

- Ten12 is ok for our league

- 104.9 when Joe Cook is a guest, usually Monday's at 11AM. I would pass on Wells on Wednesday@12.

- FCB can have some good info on his morning show but you have to be a masochist to listen to that show.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

If you’re just now realizing there’s a conflict it’s not like you were exactly planning on going or watching it unless you just now found out when your kid’s birthday is.

Hell, he just found out who the father is. Give the guy a break. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 8/6/2019 at 11:34 PM, Walden Ponderer said:

and this is what has me optimistic.

Almost every sports organization has Jake Fromm heralded as the best NFL ready QB everrrrrr. I don't have the intellect to argue with that.

I do know that, even with a month to prepare and all the film you could possibly want, the Texas defense had him absolutely addled. In the end, he just started flinging (perfectly thrown and very pretty) footballs in the vague direction of the sideline. He was missing wide open receivers.

It's obvious to me that Todd Orlando doesn't play defense fairly. The SEC QBs are taught via textbook how to read and attack a standard NFL ready defense. Todd's boys swim around pre-play, then attack like piranha fish in a 70's schlock film when the ball is snapped. The offense might be schooled in how to run routes perfectly and the QB might know how to attack a given alignment, but Orlando's schemes defy teaching. You're just going to have to figure it out as best (and as quickly) as you can once the ball is snapped.

2 minutes ago, GoldAppleCorps said:

It's obvious to me that Todd Orlando doesn't play defense fairly. The SEC QBs are taught via textbook how to read and attack a standard NFL ready defense. Todd's boys swim around pre-play, then attack like piranha fish in a 70's schlock film when the ball is snapped. The offense might be schooled in how to run routes perfectly and the QB might know how to attack a given alignment, but Orlando's schemes defy teaching. You're just going to have to figure it out as best (and as quickly) as you can once the ball is snapped.

Orlando's got friends in every town and village from here to the Sudan. He speaks a dozen languages and knows every local custom. He'll blend in, disappear and you'll never see him again. With any luck he's got the grail already.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, GoldAppleCorps said:

Almost every sports organization has Jake Fromm heralded as the best NFL ready QB everrrrrr. I don't have the intellect to argue with that.

I do know that, even with a month to prepare and all the film you could possibly want, the Texas defense had him absolutely addled. In the end, he just started flinging (perfectly thrown and very pretty) footballs in the vague direction of the sideline. He was missing wide open receivers.

I wonder how much similarity there is between some of Orlando's concepts and the defense Aranda ran against them. LSU had a pretty good day against UGA, too.

11 minutes ago, GoldAppleCorps said:

Are you @sushihorn's sock?