2019 Texas Football Season - "#8 Go Fuck Yourself Bitch"

Xcalibur

On 8/16/2019 at 9:51 PM, LTtxfan said:

Not sure where else to post this...

What it means to be a Longhorn: Bryant Westbrook
Bryant Westbrook

The first in a 14-part series on the Hall of Honor class of 2019:  "What it means to be a Longhorn: Bryant Westbrook"

https://texassports.com/news/2019/8/16/t-association-what-it-means-to-be-a-longhorn-bryant-westbrook.aspx

Bryant Westbrook would be in jail today for some of the wood he laid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, runthebone said:

Bryant Westbrook would be in jail today for some of the wood he laid.

Yeah it's a shame where football has gone in 20 years.  Go back and watch some of his finest work in college and listen to what the announcers have to say.  When he got flagged for blasting Leland and 'taunting' him one of them shouts something like 'Somebody shoot the ref!".  He had another one where, I think it was Mark Jones calling the game, he destroyed someone and the announcer goes "When he wakes up his clothes will be out of style!"  Westbrook was savage.  Foster's hit on Amon Ra where his mouthpiece went flying, very much reminded me of Westbrook.

On 8/16/2019 at 11:51 PM, LTtxfan said:

Not sure where else to post this...

What it means to be a Longhorn: Bryant Westbrook
Bryant Westbrook

The first in a 14-part series on the Hall of Honor class of 2019:  "What it means to be a Longhorn: Bryant Westbrook"

https://texassports.com/news/2019/8/16/t-association-what-it-means-to-be-a-longhorn-bryant-westbrook.aspx

Here's a another Great One...

What it means to be a Longhorn: Brian Robison
Brian Robison

The third in a 14-part series on the Hall of Honor class of 2019.

https://texassports.com/news/2019/8/18/t-association-what-it-means-to-be-a-longhorn-brian-robison.aspx

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Brian Robison

https://texassports.com/news/2019/8/18/t-association-what-it-means-to-be-a-longhorn-brian-robison.aspx

Brian was very good here but his jumps on FG were must watch. It was incredible to see a guy that big jump.

college-football-rose-bowl-usc-mario-dan

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Brian was very good here but his jumps on FG were must watch. It was incredible to see a guy that big jump.

college-football-rose-bowl-usc-mario-dan

Is there any picture from that night that isn't automatically iconic? 

Really was the greatest game ever played. 

• Like 2

On 8/19/2019 at 8:15 AM, Bob Lives! said:

3e9d36a4bb6ba335d5cb82652a60db45.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sure hope they've got the Uber lot situation figured out better than last year. Granted it was at the beginning of the season, but my buddy and I left after the USC game and headed to the designated uber lot at RR and Dean Keaton. It was a total cluster fuck. It was an unorganized mess and drunk people were everywhere in this huge empty lot trying to find their uber in a lot full of random ubers. I couldn't even get cell reception in the uber lot to order an uber. We ended up stealing someone else and tipping him 100 to get us the fuck out of there.

I hope it's thought through a little better than that.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

My fav of him though will allways be after the OU game wearing the golden hat.  He played his ass off in that game and deserved to wear it.

Yep.  One of my favorite post-game pics from that rivalry.*

spacer.png

*Based on the color jersey, I think this was the 2006 game, not the 2005 Bomar'ed game.  But yeah, he played his ass off in that game as well. 

Edited by South Austin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Stewart Mandel's bowl projections have us facing LSU in a Sugar Bowl rematch (and the Big Ten/PAC-12 getting shut out of the playoffs again).

spacer.png

Oh man, ND - Cincy would be fun. Cincy fans fucking loooathe Brian Kelly for ditching them before the Sugar Bowl.

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

Stewart Mandel's bowl projections have us facing LSU in a Sugar Bowl rematch (and the Big Ten/PAC-12 getting shut out of the playoffs again).

spacer.png

The Sugar may be interesting. The OU squad we relegate to play there may match mirror images of offensive versus defensive excellence and futility, compared to LSU.

4 hours ago, satyanash said:

Obviously I would prefer playoffs and not losing to OU again in the conference championship, but New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl was a blast last year and it would only be crazier running it back with LSU.

Obviously I would prefer playoffs and not losing to OU again in the conference championship, but New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl was a blast last year and it would only be crazier running it back with LSU.

I mean, if it came down to this... Beating LSU three times in two years should pretty well shut them up.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2019 at 5:35 PM, LTtxfan said:

Brian Robison

Awesome Football Player... 🤘

What it means to be a Longhorn: Brian Orakpo
Brian Orakpo

What it means to be a Longhorn: Brian Orakpo

The seventh in a 14-part series on the Hall of Honor class of 2019.

https://texassports.com/news/2019/8/22/t-association-what-it-means-to-be-a-longhorn-brian-orakpo.aspx?path=tassociation

• Haha 1

I mean, if it came down to this... Beating LSU three times in two years should pretty well shut them up.

Nope. They would look under rocks for excuses. Not motivated, injuries, beat up by secsecsec conference, weather, lighting, upset by protests in Hong Kong.

29 minutes ago, satyanash said:

CFP predictions from The Athletic writers:

spacer.png

Interesting and somewhat surprising.  Despite all the offseason talk in the media about Texas contending with OU these guys seem to consider OU nearly as big a lock as Bama and Clemson.

Meanwhile with all discussion about Georgia maybe catching Bama and at the least getting in by way of 2 SEC teams making it, they seem to have Georgia as questionable on par with Michigan.

15 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

It is nice to be relevant.

Though really Austin is about as much of a "college town" as Los Angeles.

Eh, the lack of pro sports makes it feel like a college town more than compareably-sized cities, since so much of the city's attention and focus is on UT teams.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, satyanash said:

CFP predictions from The Athletic writers:

spacer.png

Easy to see why they'd pick the Sooners...........OU's schedule is Charmin soft. No real challenge out of conference (lulz at FPI thinking UCLA is the game they have the best chance at losing...UH could give them a tougher game in the opener) and no real conference road challenges either (OSU, Baylor, and the Kansas schools). Before you say OSU is a challenge, consider that Gundy is 2-12 vs OU all time and usually doesn't win this game if OU is the better team and/or there is something at stake. OU needs only to win in the championship game (even if they lose in the Cotton Bowl I.e. last years scenario and not lose another game) to get back to the CFP (or hell, even go in undefeated in the regular season and lose to TX in the Big 12 champ game). Their team may not be as good as last years, but their road to the CFP is much easier than ours.