2019 Texas Football Season - "#8 Go Fuck Yourself Bitch"

Xcalibur

On 8/20/2019 at 9:29 PM, Sleepygrad said:

I sure hope they've got the Uber lot situation figured out better than last year. Granted it was at the beginning of the season, but my buddy and I left after the USC game and headed to the designated uber lot at RR and Dean Keaton. It was a total cluster fuck. It was an unorganized mess and drunk people were everywhere in this huge empty lot trying to find their uber in a lot full of random ubers. I couldn't even get cell reception in the uber lot to order an uber. We ended up stealing someone else and tipping him 100 to get us the fuck out of there.

I hope it's thought through a little better than that.

Yep.  Saying it was a Clusterfuck is putting it nicely.   

We ended up walking back toward the Dobie  Center and caught Uber there.   I think when we go up to see the Okie State game, we will do it the old fashioned way which is park and walk.  

45 minutes ago, Texas Flood said:

He’s close with Herman

I listen to Feldman when he calls in to The First Team on XM 84. It’s usually like 5:30am his time in Los Angeles or something close to that. His voice sounds like he’s chewing on a handful of gravel. Like he’s coming off a 4 day bender and picked up the phone call of Greg McElroy in a drunken stupor. It’s awesome and he’s always got solid insights. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

What are the 4 helmets and the 3 mascots that they deem better?

Notre Dame (can accept), Michigan (ok maybe), Ohio State (lolok), and Oregon (wtf?) were the four helmets ahead. 

https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/best-college-football-helmets

Edited by BigVegasHorn26

8 minutes ago, BigVegasHorn26 said:

Uga, whatever the f Oregon’s duck is called, and Mike the Tiger were 3 mascots ahead.  

https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/best-college-football-mascots-rankings

I would accept ralphie, but not the duck. Too much Oregon love for helmet and mascot. 

And I believe we all saw the uga vs bevo debate ended in January. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, GringoSalado said:

I don't get the love for the Notre Dame helmets. It's gold spray paint. 

Michigan - they're in the ball park

OSU - pretty damn good

Irish - uninspired.  Iconic program, not iconic helmet

Oregon - wtf?!  THEY don't even like their own helmets or else they would use 7 different ones every year.  They could be considered a strong contender for worst helmet/uniforms

Edited by Lhorn

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

How about Sergio Kindle sending that tech qb into diapers for the rest of his life? Still the best hit I've ever seen. 

The hit on Klatt was much more violent. Taylor Potts probably still doesn’t remember getting hit, though. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

The hit on Klatt was much more violent. Taylor Potts probably still doesn’t remember getting hit, though. 

They're definitely top 2 for me, with BJ Foster laying out Aman Ra last year being third. Westbrook sending Leeland back in time is up there, too. So many vicious hits over the years, 

8 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Michigan - they're in the ball park

OSU - pretty damn good

Irish - uninspired.  Iconic program, not iconic helmet

Oregon - wtf?!  THEY don't even like their own helmets or else they would use 7 different ones every year.  They could be considered a strong contender for worst helmet/uniforms

I think being the best of the logo-on-color helmets makes sense for us. Oregon....... cmon guys. They literally sort of admit they don't have a single iconic helmet.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

He really does. He's also very unbiased and calls out the SEC, which only heightens my respect for the guy. 

Yeah, plus last year he statistically proved the committee was ranking ACC teams too high. 

ACC teams averaged 16 places higher in the committee rankings than in the other different computer rankings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, d.plainview872 said:

Got dammit. Recieved a wedding invitation from my cousins girlfriends family for Oct. 12. Fuck did I type that out correctly?

Yeah you typed it out correctly. The real question is why is that even a line item in your life and does anyone here feel sorry for you or give a fuck. 

• Like 1