2019 Texas Football Season - "#8 Go Fuck Yourself Bitch"

Xcalibur

9 hours ago, lazygringo said:

Some problems I have with that list:

1. Jacoby Jones will be the 2nd DE behind Roach

2. T'Vondre Sweat will be ahead of Chisholm and Christmas-Giles

3. Marques Caldwell will  be ahead of Kenyatta Watson (he will surprise a lot of people)

Username definitely checks out. 

Im hoping Caldwell surprises folks, but he was seen as a longer term project. Similar to Josh Eaton this year. Kenyatta Watson is a silly lockdown talent who shined at camps and was only thrown on like a dozen times his entire senior season. If you want to bet on who has a better career, you’d have a fuck ton of takers there. 

I'll happily bet on the dude who played HS football in Texas (and was a dawg while at it) and actually got tested over the dude who got handled with kid gloves in Georgia where they barely throw the ball. People act like the ball didn't get thrown his way because he was this transcendent talent when in reality it was probably just that they don't throw the ball very much there and if you are going to throw the ball, why throw it toward the guy whose father played for the Dallas Cowboys?

Not saying Watson won't be successful. I'm just saying that to me he's more unproven and seems like a finesse guy. And I think Caldwell will play more like a dawg.

• Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, lazygringo said:

I'll happily bet on the dude who played HS football in Texas (and was a dawg while at it) and actually got tested over the dude who got handled with kid gloves in Georgia where they barely throw the ball. People act like the ball didn't get thrown his way because he was this transcendent talent when in reality it was probably just that they don't throw the ball very much there and if you are going to throw the ball, why throw it toward the guy whose father played for the Dallas Cowboys?

Not saying Watson won't be successful. I'm just saying that to me he's more unproven and seems like a finesse guy. And I think Caldwell will play more like a dawg.

This take will either age incredibly poorly, or we're about to have the best three-deep at cornerback in the country.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lazygringo said:

Lol are you for serious?

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, lazygringo said:

The spread has proliferated nationwide, Gringo. Even into GA.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lazygringo said:

Hi Mr Caldwell!

19 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

True, he does look "meh" in coverage. Too much cushion. Decent open-field tackler, though.

Wtf kind of evaluation is this shit?

KW2 isn't a shutdown corner, but he has the tools to become one. Caldwell will probably be better than him in run support though.

9 hours ago, Atticus said:

KW2 isn't a shutdown corner, but he has the tools to become one. Caldwell will probably be better than him in run support though.

Seems to me that the only thing Watson is missing in re: run support is some time with Yancy. He squares up and wraps up on the tackle every single time. Just isn't big enough yet to bulldog some runners, but he never seems to let go, either.

On 8/3/2019 at 9:48 AM, DFW Horn said:

The spread has proliferated nationwide, Gringo. Even into GA.

This is a highlight package? That's got to be some kind of mistake right? It's literally the second highlight he gets flagged for pass interference and every other one is him making a tackle 10 + yards down the field after either a completion or a running play. Not a single interception or pass defensed successfully for a DB highlight package?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

This is a highlight package? That's got to be some kind of mistake right? It's literally the second highlight he gets flagged for pass interference and every other one is him making a tackle 10 + yards down the field after either a completion or a running play. Not a single interception or pass defensed successfully for a DB highlight package?

spacer.png

18 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

It appears to be, yes. Funnier part is I shared it with Gringo before watching the damn thing.

Unimpressive

No lack of confidence anywhere around these parts. Coupla whiners, but that's about the way it always goes. 

I like what we're hearing about the O, that's a fact. The D seems like we've got quite a few folks with speed and smarts. If they get past the Bayou Bengals without getting trashed, they could be really good. 

• Like 1

I like what we're hearing about the O, that's a fact. The D seems like we've got quite a few folks with speed and smarts. If they get past the Bayou Bengals without getting trashed, they could be really good. 

We keep hearing about losing eight starters on defense, but those were not eight NFL top draft picks. And, yes, there’s going to be a learning curve, but give me talent over experience every day. Put me down for “really good”.

Sports Illustrated's pre-season rankings are out, and they're a bit more bullish on the Longhorns, putting them at No. 5.

5. tex_100.png Texas Longhorns

Last year: 10–4 (7–2 Big 12); Beat Georgia in Sugar Bowl

SI Top 100 players: Three: QB Sam Ehlinger (No. 41), WR Collin Johnson (No. 44), S Caden Sterns (No. 63)

Bottom line: It’s been more than a decade since Texas won 10 games or more in back-to-back seasons. After a 10-win season in 2018, anything short of double-digit wins would be a disappointment in Austin.

SI.com link

• Like 1

Former Grantland writer Matt Hinton just released his 2019 predictions. He was one of Grantland's best writers before they folded. His data combines S&P+ and FPI projections with historical/trending win %, returning production, recruiting talent, and other measures.

His predictions have us playing UCF in the Cotton Bowl.

spacer.png

Edited by satyanash

21 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Former Grantland writer Matt Hinton just released his 2019 predictions.

spacer.png

Projects blOU to go undefeated and miss the playoff -- while 2 SEC teams make CFP??

Not gonna happen...

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Former Grantland writer Matt Hinton just released his 2019 predictions. He was one of Grantland's best writers before they folded. His data combines S&P+ and FPI projections with historical/trending win %, returning production, recruiting talent, and other measures.His predictions have us playing UCF in the Cotton Bowl.

Matt Hinton is another SEC fellating ruhtard.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Former Grantland writer Matt Hinton just released his 2019 predictions. He was one of Grantland's best writers before they folded. His data combines S&P+ and FPI projections with historical/trending win %, returning production, recruiting talent, and other measures.

His predictions have us playing UCF in the Cotton Bowl.

spacer.png

His predictions can go fuck themselves with a rusty nail spike.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

His predictions can go fuck themselves with a rusty nail spike.

I mean... making the Cotton Bowl wouldn't be a bad outcome for the season?

It'd be mildly underwhelming since we wouldn't have won the conference, but at least we'd be racking up BCS slots and double-digit win seasons again ahead of the big senior Sam run in 2020.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

It'd be mildly underwhelming since we wouldn't have won the conference, but at least we'd be racking up BCS slots and double-digit win seasons again ahead of the big senior Sam run in 2020.

OU winning it again is automatically a bad outcome. Fuck them.

However if Iowa State wins it and we go 10-2 and go to the Cotton Bowl...that would be alright.

Edited by Valmy77

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I get the feeling among our fanbase (the ones who spend their time following the team year-round, anyway) that we are trending towards Big 12 title or bust expectations for 2019.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Projects blOU to go undefeated and miss the playoff -- while 2 SEC teams make CFP??

Not gonna happen...

If his regular season predictions come through (Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson and blOU go undefeated, jawja's only loss is a close one to Bama in the SEC Championship Game) you are absolutely going to see ESPN lobby for both Bama and Georgia to make the CFP ahead of Oklahoma. And there's a good chance they succeed.

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

If his regular season predictions come through (Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson and blOU go undefeated, jawja's only loss is a close one to Bama in the SEC Championship Game) you are absolutely going to see ESPN lobby for both Bama and Georgia to make the CFP ahead of Oklahoma. And there's a good chance they succeed.

Let's definitely expend energy discussing this today.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Never understood this argument from the SEC. One of the teams just proved itself better than the other why should the 2nd place team get another shot?

22 minutes ago, satyanash said:

No undefeated B12 team is missing the playoff. Who gives a fuck what ESPN or the dumbfuck SEC pundits have to say about it. 

Then again, OU isn't going undefeated so we can just end the discussion there. 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, satyanash said:

I give zero fucks if OU gets screwed out of a playoff spot. It's bullshit, but I'm not watching those 4 teams again anyway. Or should we be chanting "Big 12 - Big 12 - Big 12"?

I get the feeling among our fanbase (the ones who spend their time following the team year-round, anyway) that we are trending towards Big 12 title or bust expectations for 2019.

The season isn't automatically a failure without a B12 title but Texas damn well better be playing in the game.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Machinator said:

Yup. I'd mark the sugar bowl halftime as when this became the expectation. In all fairness, it's a realistic one to have this year too. 

Big 12 title or bust is definitely the expectation, I would think. In October they proved that they are capable of dominating OU if they really turn it on. In the title game they came out a little flat footed, just a little. Then they dominated again in the bowl game. There’s no reason why Texas shouldn’t pound into submission every team on the schedule.