Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

11 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

If we somehow blow the Adimora recruitment to Herm Edwards, I'll get a giant dog (rottweiler, mastiff) and train him to shit all over my floors and furniture.

6 hours ago, Scholz said:

About to get Hookfin and probably K.Lewis.  Higgins to Stanford.  Got a real shot at both N.Cain and B.McCoy.  C.Johnson is likely.  Maybe M.Banks.  Gotta keep an eye on C.Adimora.

There you go.

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

Adimora's taking an OV to AZ State but all his quotes seem very locked in. Same sort of mild queasiness as with K. Watson.

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Eh, nothing really scary. Just Adimora taking an OV to Tempe but adamantly saying he's committed and some murmuring that Watson's dad isn't stoked Banks came for a UV.

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Herman Edwards has been underestimated by the CFB audience, myself included. He's got a way to his recruiting that is apparently resonating to the right kinds of players. I'm not surprised Adimora is one of them. Adimora is apparently focused on leaving a mark in life with his decisions and is a heady dude. Edwards has a lot of credibility as a mentor with guys who think that big. 

Unless I hear otherwise, I don't care what any reporter says about Lewis/McCoy. They will take McCoy irrespective of any other condition if he wants to come, so I don't see Lewis' recruitment as being related. We'll of course see here shortly, no doubt.

Thanks for the responses.

2 hours ago, EZ$ said:

I really don’t want to lose Adimora or Watson. Those are two athletic guys I want in the secondary. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Thanks. Due to two business deals careening sideways and needing attention,  and a trip to Vegas, it really has been easy to check way the fuck out from the recruiting and football boards since the Okie State buttfuck. It's also been easy to check out on my friends who are so bitter right now about Herman and crew that they aren't capable of providing viable information about the program/recruiting, or they're inside the machine, which is in full on fucking bunker mode right now.

While I like to play an unhinged Internet poster as much as the next guy, I really don't need to hear diatribes about how fucked everything is and how ruined we all are as fans for life, so it's been a pretty peaceful, non-UT stint for me as I ignore calls and texts. So I'm in the dark and I'm not showing up here asking for a repeat of the past 10-15 pages.

That said, is Adimora really checking out on us? I'd heard he was locked in for reals. That sucks, if true. I guess I'll reach out in the next day or so and see if I can get something rational that can be passed on if I hear anything on this end. I'll hang up and listen.

Also, if Banks is legitimately being by Texas, it's an indicator of all kinds of new shit coming to light, so I guess I'm going to watch that shit like a hawk as a recruitnik.

Thank you so much for that overly long update on your [cough] very important personal life. That done, FOCUS.  We will hold down the fort here and look forward to your next update when the season is over. No rush.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Sweat is probably going to spin down. Don't look at just what 247 says is their position, because the linemen especially get bigger.

Also if this is in reaction to Rodas Johnson, he was kind of spare. We didn't even know if he was being recruited as a DT or OG and he hadn't even been mentioned for months.

• Like 5

Wells on Adimora OV:

Spoiler

Believe he’ll OV to Austin in early December. 

Those first few weekends the last month of the year loom large.

Nahlin on Warren and LSU:

Spoiler

I heard they’re still evaluating him, which means they’re still evaluating numbers.

Texas needs to coach him on how to handle this and tell him, “We would take your signature right now.”

Wells on Watson/earlier visit to Tenn:

Spoiler

He did visit there as a guest with his live-in cousin, who is being recruited by the Vols. 

Another trip wouldn’t shock me.

Wells on Watson's parents:

Spoiler

Kenyatta junior is a big fan of the Longhorns. So is mom.

Edited by NoName
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, texifornia said:

Sweat is probably going to spin down. Don't look at just what 247 says is their position, because the linemen especially get bigger.

Also if this is in reaction to Rodas Johnson, he was kind of spare. We didn't even know if he was being recruited as a DT or OG and he hadn't even been mentioned for months.

Attempting to educate 6th street is like spitting in the ocean to prevent the tide. 

We did not sign a single defensive lineman in NSD1 last year and still brought in an awesome class. 

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

You’ve got it right. The parents are both huge longhorn fans. He’s just taking visits and accompanying his friends and teammates.

Watson Jr is way more strategic than just his son coming to play here. Herman is not going to risk screwing up a chance to establish a recruiting pipeline in a prime territory for a kid that may or may not be 5% better than Watson II. I bet this is the last we hear of Banks.

7 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Watson Jr is way more strategic than just his son coming to play here. Herman is not going to risk screwing up a chance to establish a recruiting pipeline in a prime territory for a kid that may or may not be 5% better than Watson II. I bet this is the last we hear of Banks. 

He was listening to other coaches before the Banks visit.

21 hours ago, Goodman said:

I hope he stays healthy, looking forward to watching him here. 

I hope he doesn't fall out a high window or slip on a banana peel causing him to grab a high power line for balance, because it'd be nice if he were alive and playing for Texas next year. Also hope he doesn't get the mumps or a bad case of the heebee jeebees.

3 hours ago, NoName said:

I thought his Dad was K Watson Jr and the player was K Watson II?

Am I taking crazy pills? In what world does Jr. and II not mean the same thing? Wells is saying that the kid and his mom love Texas, and the father is undecided.

His father is Kenyatta Watson Sr. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Am I taking crazy pills? In what world does Jr. and II not mean the same thing? Wells is saying that the kid and his mom love Texas, and the father is undecided.

His father is Kenyatta Watson Sr. 

They’re pretty much the same, but Jr. means you have the same name as your dad, while II usually means you have the same name as a family member that isn’t your dad. The dad being Sr. and the son using the “II” suffix seems odd to me.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jojen said:

They’re pretty much the same, but Jr. means you have the same name as your dad, while II usually means you have the same name as a family member that isn’t your dad. The dad being Sr. and the son using the “II” suffix seems odd to me.

That doesn't make any sense. You're a "Junior" until you have a son and he becomes "the third" and then you get to be "the second." But not until then. I see you motherfuckers calling yourselves "the second" and you don't have a son and I'm on to you! You're a "Junior", junior!

• Like 1