Texas recruiting notes 2019

14 minutes ago, thepop said:

EJ has something on Tufono

Spoiler

— Washington, which was considered his leader for most of the process isn't a factor.

— Steve obviously put in a Crystal Ball for USC tonight. We have not been able to confirm anything on that side of things, but there appears to be confidence around the USC program that Tufono is leaning that way. We have been told that USC is the only threat to Texas.

— From what we have been able to gather, there is also confidence around the Texas program that the Longhorns are in a great spot to land him. Todd Orlando and Jake Langi, who has strong Polynesian ties, have been working extremely hard in this recruitment. UT commit De'Gabriel Floyd is also close to Tufono.

— Tufono has not informed either staff of his decision, so this one appears to still be open. Texas is going to continue to throw everything at Tufono. However, this makes the decision to move up his timeline really interesting.

— I put in my Crystal Ball based on what I heard on the Texas side of things. Again, there is confidence around the program. But it appears USC feels the same way.

The installment of Texas-USC in the 2006 Rose Bowl was a classic. Part two last was an overtime thriller. We're all anticipating a great game this year. But first, we have Texas-USC 3: Battle of the Strong Polynesian Ties.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

USC had the #1 and #3 ILBs in the country along with another 4* ILB in their 2018 class, and they already have another committed for 2019. 3/4 are Poly. 

Share you fucks. 

Hey, you got  De'Gabriel.  We signed 5 LBs in 2018, and one athlete that can play the position in Clancy's system.

we have as many Poly players on the team as Utah.

• Fuck You 1

19 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:
  Hide contents

— From what we have been able to gather, there is also confidence around the Texas program that the Longhorns are in a great spot to land him. Todd Orlando and Jake Langi, who has strong Polynesian ties, have been working extremely hard in this recruitment. UT commit De'Gabriel Floyd is also close to Tufono.

He is definitely, definitely trolling us.  I for one just hope those Thais keep us in this one! 

56 minutes ago, TrojanPrincess said:

Hey, you got  De'Gabriel.  We signed 5 LBs in 2018, and one athlete that can play the position in Clancy's system.

we have as many Poly players on the team as Utah.

Wait...

...I didn't think we were talking Polyamorous.

• Like 2

EJ after dark: DL recruiting nuggets

— There have been several questions regarding Texas A&M defensive line commit DeMarvin Leal. I don’t expect much movement here until later in the season. I did speak to a couple of sources, and Texas is maintaining contact with both Leal and his mother. In fact, his mother has been very receptive to the Texas staff. I still believe Texas will get a visit before he signs and with a big season, a flip is still a possibility. Oscar Giles, Jason Washington and Bryan Carrington are all working hard in this recruitment.

— I spoke to a source close to the recruitment of Faatui Tuitele who told me that Texas is currently running third in his recruitment behind Alabama and Ohio State. The source said Tuitele and his family need to see a huge season from the Longhorns on the field this year. Tuitele will make an official visit to Texas this fall, and if the Longhorns land fellow Hawaii native Maninoa Tufono, it could help in his recruitment. But right now, UT has work to do.

— I recently put in a Crystal Ball pick for JUCO defensive lineman Jacoby Jones. However, the dynamics of his recruitment changed when Oklahoma offered him this weekend. OU made a big impression on his visit and will get him back for an OV. The Sooners are now the biggest threat to land him. The good news for Texas is that he will be making an official visit in the fall and will not be pulling the trigger until December. North Carolina State and Oregon are also in the mix here. 

— Sticking with the Oklahoma theme, the Sooners hosted four-star 2020 defensive lineman Alec Bryant this weekend. From talking to sources, Bryant was very close to committing to OU before leaving Norman. If Texas doesn’t extend an offer soon, I see him siding with OU in the near future. I moved my Crystal Ball to the Sooners a few days ago.

Imagine my pain..  it takes me nearly an hour just to type that out.

Woulda been a 5th gen UT grad.. top 25 in his class, 32 ACT & wasnt accepted (out of state HS didn’t help).
He’s still a Longhorn fan.

I feel your pain. I have it even worse. Mine is going to Aggie in two weeks. Thanks UT admissions.

55 minutes ago, satyanash said:

EJ after dark: DL recruiting nuggets

Hide contents

— There have been several questions regarding Texas A&M defensive line commit DeMarvin Leal. I don’t expect much movement here until later in the season. I did speak to a couple of sources, and Texas is maintaining contact with both Leal and his mother. In fact, his mother has been very receptive to the Texas staff. I still believe Texas will get a visit before he signs and with a big season, a flip is still a possibility. Oscar Giles, Jason Washington and Bryan Carrington are all working hard in this recruitment.

— I spoke to a source close to the recruitment of Faatui Tuitele who told me that Texas is currently running third in his recruitment behind Alabama and Ohio State. The source said Tuitele and his family need to see a huge season from the Longhorns on the field this year. Tuitele will make an official visit to Texas this fall, and if the Longhorns land fellow Hawaii native Maninoa Tufono, it could help in his recruitment. But right now, UT has work to do.

— I recently put in a Crystal Ball pick for JUCO defensive lineman Jacoby Jones. However, the dynamics of his recruitment changed when Oklahoma offered him this weekend. OU made a big impression on his visit and will get him back for an OV. The Sooners are now the biggest threat to land him. The good news for Texas is that he will be making an official visit in the fall and will not be pulling the trigger until December. North Carolina State and Oregon are also in the mix here. 

— Sticking with the Oklahoma theme, the Sooners hosted four-star 2020 defensive lineman Alec Bryant this weekend. From talking to sources, Bryant was very close to committing to OU before leaving Norman. If Texas doesn’t extend an offer soon, I see him siding with OU in the near future. I moved my Crystal Ball to the Sooners a few days ago.

Giles’d

1 hour ago, angryhomer said:

If he could play left field, they would.  Just like the Cubs signed Chapman which helped bring Chicago a World Series.

That was the best 3-month rental of a player ever.  Even if my Cubs had to give up Gleyber Torres in that deal.  Would do it again in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The dreaded black creep. I give it 5 years until the black uniforms. 

Hope the roadies are white socks AND shoes. 

Yeah they won't mess with the 'icy whites'.  That's ingrained now and marketed to our recruits.