$9.95 worth every penny

futureman

On 9/19/2023 at 4:52 AM, SydneyCarton said:

Since we’ve gotten season tickets, we’ve a been around Austin a lot more for games. I’ll tell you that the trope that there aren’t hot women on campus and in Austin is…laughably bad. I spend more time trying not to get busted looking by my wife than I do watching the actual game. Around Austin, around campus, from our seats. Doesn’t matter. 

the Hellraisers are stupid AF though, and I have probably seen an attractive girl there maybe a handful of times in the last 20 years on TV. But let them tell us how good looking the corps members are…

They're easily the most embarrassing thing associated with game day pomp and pageantry.  I cringe every time they zoom in on those dorks and rejects.  However, they're not in that special category of weirdness that is midnight yell, the corp or the yell leaders.

1 hour ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

They're easily the most embarrassing thing associated with game day pomp and pageantry.  I cringe every time they zoom in on those dorks and rejects.  However, they're not in that special category of weirdness that is midnight yell, the corp or the yell leaders.

Decade after decade, the Hellraisers' ability to piece together a perfectly imperfect band of misfits is impressive. 

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Only MeatyMailbox should find that statement "interesting." Because it's fucking true. But local media reporting on Texas is some of the worst, if not the worst, ever. They're more interested in Texas losing than winning. Who else's local media would vote against Vince Young for the Heisman? 

Sark's disdain of certain members of the media is one of my favorite qualities of his, I hope he continues to call their asses out. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Only MeatyMailbox should find that statement "interesting." Because it's fucking true. But local media reporting on Texas is some of the worst, if not the worst, ever. They're more interested in Texas losing than winning. Who else's local media would vote against Vince Young for the Heisman? 

Sark's disdain of certain members of the media is one of my favorite qualities of his, I hope he continues to call their asses out. 

I listened to CFB Today talk to Anwar Richardson today on XM 84. This fucking imbecile, when asked how he's doing, goes on for 2 minutes in his opening about how weird he feels being asked to talk about UT football this late in the season, highlighting that normally, most of his talking on shows is done leading into the season and up to early October. The guy opens running down the program and also passively expressing concern that he's having to work the whole way through the season. He's an absolute embarrassment as a media rep of the program to national pundits.  

• Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I listened to CFB Today talk to Anwar Richardson today on XM 84. This fucking imbecile, when asked how he's doing, goes on for 2 minutes in his opening about how weird he feels being asked to talk about UT football this late in the season, highlighting that normally, most of his talking on shows is done leading into the season and up to early October. The guy opens running down the program and also passively expressing concern that he's having to work the whole way through the season. He's an absolute embarrassment as a media rep of the program to national pundits.  

i find it interesting the most positive person about Texas football in the media at the moment doesn't happen to be the guys who cover it for a living - some of them who have covered it for a long time - you would think they would be happy the team wasn't sucking anymore - seems to be Joel fucking Klatt

now, Klatt and I generally agree on most football opinions and i really enjoy his segment on the Ticket as well as his show/pod but the fact these clowns locally are so bad at their job is just astounding to me.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I imagine the only pleasure you took in writing this was the fact you knew it would drive me into a rage. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

my favorite thing about Charlie Strong was him calling on kurt bohls every press conference. Whether it was through passive aggressive spite or sheer ignorant stupidity, it matters not.

1 hour ago, TheMailBox357 said:

I refuse to believe Texas Sports Unlimted is just YouTube shows with all the competition they face with livesteams from OB, IT, & The Horn Austin. Texas Sports Unlimted has to air on some type of sydnincated terrestrial or sattelite radio right?

tenor.gif?itemid=5357229

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

IMG_20231207_080407.thumb.jpg.65e045dc4b20ca119a6efab38cf602e0.jpg

I refuse to believe Texas Sports Unlimted is just YouTube shows with all the competition they face with livesteams from OB, IT, & The Horn Austin. Texas Sports Unlimted has to air on some type of sydnincated terrestrial or sattelite radio right?

Don't come to us becuase you're too stupid to figure out the business models of your competition you fat graesy fuck. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

IMG_20231207_080407.thumb.jpg.65e045dc4b20ca119a6efab38cf602e0.jpg

TSU's livestream currently has 80 people watching it

OB Live currently has 83 people watching it

image.png.0f40ab3ac86a98acb626e81a258d29de.png

Gerry and Bobby are long-time friends going back to the Rivals.com days (as a sidebar, shoutout to Bobby who has somehow started the same business 3 times now and sold two of them).  I wonder if they're moving on to do something together?  Such weird timing.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, thepop said:

I'm sure they'll do their own Youtube thing. Bobby+Gerry+Rod is a good combination that shouldn't be broken up.  But yeah i have no interest in listening to Nahlin, Wells, Joe Cook, and Ian Boyd.

Agree that Nahlin, Wells, and Joe Cook are terrible to listen to.  Ian is much better on shows with Babers.

Wonder who owns the "On Texas Football" YouTube rights??

If it's Bobby's, he could keep running it separately from Inside Texas.  

Hmmm...  

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

I was under the impression that Bobby was one of the On3 owners.  Gerry seems to get restless wherever he goes. 

On a recent show, Bobby said that he is an "Investor in On3".  Not sure if that makes him an owner or not.  Gotta believe Shannon Terry still pulls a lot of the strings at On3.  

Edited by LTtxfan

Bobby is an investor/owner in On3 but he seems more locked into the YouTube/podcast nowadays. For the last few weeks he had been talking about all the things/guests they want to bring into On Texas Football channel. Shit Gerry just had Royal Ivey and PJ Tucker on for a basketball breakdown. 

Edit: Wonder if Gerry got a good national gig and Bobby said fuck it, I ain't doing this with Ian Boyd and friends. 

Edited by Fico

4 minutes ago, Fico said:

Wonder if Gerry got a good national gig

With who?  Everyone in media is in staff reduction mode.  He's already been at ESPN and CBS, he ain't going back to OrangeBloods.  I presume this means national with On3 but Nahlin would have written something like "he'll still be contributing to InsideTexas but as a national correspondent". 

13 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Agree that Nahlin, Wells, and Joe Cook are terrible to listen to.  Ian is much better on shows with Babers.

Wonder who owns the "On Texas Football" YouTube rights??

If it's Bobby's, he could keep running it separately from Inside Texas.  

Hmmm...  

Ian is intolerable and unacceptable period.

Bobby and Gerry or GTFO.

• Hook 'Em 2