$9.95 worth every penny

futureman

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

No thanks. Wadlington and at this point, his shtick, irritates as many people as those who enjoy it, like me. I don't really enjoy being able to taste someone's narcissm and self-importance through a keyboard. And as others said, he's not great in video either. It's almost like when he sometimes has to speak off the cuff and not have hours and days to carefuly curate their quips and comparisons the quality suffers. 

As others said, Kelson is an IT loyalist. 

I agree that is how he comes across, but I guess it doesn't bother me as much.  When I first started getting into Texas message boards about 10 years ago I initially thought he posted on Shaggy as Closetojumping.  I don't think he should do livesteams, but I always enjoyed the Saturday morning conversation he would do 1 on 1 with Bobby.

If you can keep him on track, it helps to keep the narcissism and self importance at bay. That's when he's good. 

If it's free flowing or he's running the show, that's when the fart sniffing starts so be prepared for smarter than thou snide comments.  

But if you like your Texas football with a sprinkling of irrelevant French Revolution facts and stories about the Punic Wars he's your guy.

7 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

If you can keep him on track, it helps to keep the narcissism and self importance at bay. That's when he's good. 

If it's free flowing or he's running the show, that's when the fart sniffing starts so be prepared for smarter than thou snide comments.  

But if you like your Texas football with a sprinkling of irrelevant French Revolution facts and stories about the Punic Wars he's your guy.

Joining Welcome Home GIF

• Haha 6

Paul's really smart and has also been lauded as really smart on the internet for 20+ years and it shows. 

It seems like an enormous bag fumble / ego trip for Nahlin and IT to blow up what they had just two months ago, but them's the breaks. Spotify said I listened to more "On Texas Football" than I did anything else combined last year. 

5 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

It seems like an enormous bag fumble / ego trip for Nahlin and IT to blow up what they had just two months ago, but them's the breaks

it's almost like their managing partner isn't very good at his job

Jimmy Fallon Kinda GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I like Burton and Hamilton the most.  CJ is coming on strong.  I still think Wadlington is smart and a talented writer.  I like his occasional podcasts. Kelson is really good.

I also like Rod Babers, though his voice might bother some and he gets repetitive -- though I think anyone who has to talk in a podcast as much as these guys is going to be repetitive.

Nahlin, Wells, Chip Brown, 247 are just awful.  Orangebloods is on a different level of suck from even that group.  They don't even try.

Edited by Frank Drebin
  • Hook 'Em 2

53 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I just prefer hearing CJ talk recruiting over that hick, Justin Wells.

Justin Wells is a caricature. It became a beating listening to him. That is the one thing I'm most grateful for in that divorce. Blake Munroe was a tough listen also.  There were other hosts that were milquetoast (milquehost?) but less acutely annoying.

While we are at it, can I request that they never bring on, in a speaking capacity, that breathless, run-on sentence speaking guy from the Blitz?  Matt I think.

Edited by Teamdirtyleg
  • Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

Justin Wells is a caricature. It became a beating listening to him. That is the one thing I'm most grateful for in that divorce. Blake Munroe was a tough listen also.  There were other hosts that were milquetoast (milquehost?) but less acutely annoying.

i mean, they are hosts not analysts.

its like people getting fired up about Joe Cook's tweets when he is covering teams. dude is basically a beat reporter, he does fine and does it job.

if you are watching or listening to any podcast or video for the facilitator/host role specifically, you are doing it wrong

since i need to clarify because we have idiots around, if you are paying attention to a fucking inside texas podcast because Joe Cook is facilitating/hosting it you are doing it wrong.

i'm not talking about videos with Bobby and CJ where the topic is 2025 recruiting targets. i am specifically talking about podcasts and videos where they have a host/facilitator role and they have an analyst role.

then again, BO&W probably does watch podcasts and for Joe Cook

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, DaysOff said:

Good. Baylor grad that uses the term tsip. Couldn't happen to a fatter guy.

The fact that dude isn’t dead of a heart attack is a testament the incredible medical community in Houston.  

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

While we are at it, can I request that they never bring on, in a speaking capacity, that breathless, run-on sentence speaking guy from the Blitz?  Matt I think.

Milquehost is brilliant. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Still lurking hoping for validation and praise, I see.   Well, you'll get none.

I only get one rep a day in this profile, and gave it to NoName. Otherwise, I’d give you a big ass finger 😂. Just kidding, no validation and/or praise deserved. If I make it thru a show without standing up and accidentally showing my junk, I consider it a good show.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sabalo said:

CJ is solid. Gerry is a natural.

CJ is just inexperienced. Gerry has been doing this stuff and interviews for so long he's polished. Knows what not to say and how to say what he says. CJ may never get that polished but he'll get more polished with experience 

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

CJ is just inexperienced. Gerry has been doing this stuff and interviews for so long he's polished. Knows what not to say and how to say what he says. CJ may never get that polished but he'll get more polished with experience 

Working with Gerry will be a good thing for him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

@immamac, Gerry Hamilton is on a madman tear at your OTF site, the volume is too much to handle/share here appropriately.

Can you please consider duplicating what you are doing on the broader “Forums”: page and permanently embed the “Latest News” from OTF onto the “9.95” page, directly under the Burnt Ends sticker? I think that may help us keep up with what’s happening at OTF on this preferred forum. I for one almost never go to the Forums page. I live much of my life on this page. It may also help cross pollinate the sites.

Thank you for considering it.

2 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

@immamac, Gerry Hamilton is on a madman tear at your OTF site, the volume is too much to handle/share here appropriately.

Can you please consider duplicating what you are doing on the broader “Forums”: page and permanently embed the “Latest News” from OTF onto the “9.95” page, directly under the Burnt Ends sticker? I think that may help us keep up with what’s happening at OTF on this preferred forum. I for one almost never go to the Forums page. I live much of my life on this page. It may also help cross pollinate the sites.

Thank you for considering it.

I’ll add it now. Let me know how we should play with it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, immamac said:

I’ll add it now. Let me know how we should play with it. 

Awesome, thank you! 

I just realized my user experience may be different than many, since I use an iPad almost always in landscape mode, so the news feed works perfectly for me. I guess if you’re on a phone or a tablet and orient it in portrait, the content goes to the bottom of the page. Not sure if there’s a workaround, but it’s great to now have those subject headers display on the 9.95 page. Again, thanks!

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bobby saying he's planning on doing static webpages with roster breakdown(classification charts), schedule, draft picks, depth chart, etc.

He needs to find the people spending their time on this already and pay them to do it for him with oversight. The work involved in maintaining what is essentially a database is enormous. 

If he's able to put a resource center together for recruiting and roster nerds, he'd be the only one offering the raw data for drawing your own conclusions without the 9.95er spin summary, and frankly, I'd probably pay more than that. ESPECIALLY if they remain unaffiliated. Especially, especially if there was a onefund tie in like a donation when you pay in full for an annual sub, or something. 

Just now, Ricky's one-hitter said:

He needs to find the people spending their time on this already and pay them to do it for him with oversight. The work involved in maintaining what is essentially a database is enormous. 

If he's able to put a resource center together for recruiting and roster nerds, he'd be the only one offering the raw data for drawing your own conclusions without the 9.95er spin summary, and frankly, I'd probably pay more than that. ESPECIALLY if they remain unaffiliated. Especially, especially if there was a onefund tie in like a donation when you pay in full for an annual sub, or something. 

I think maintaining an up to date depth chart and the roster classification breakdown would put them above other sites. Especially the depth chart....OurLads isn't always up to date.

17 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bobby saying he's planning on doing static webpages with roster breakdown(classification charts), schedule, draft picks, depth chart, etc.

I’m just glad I don’t have to do the data part. That was the part I didn’t have time for and crowd sourcing it here was not gonna happen because even approving stuff is a time suck I don’t have time for. 

6 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

The last part isn’t going to be a thing for quite some time, probably ever. They will funnel people to TOF and other NIL programs but that’s a line as journalists and a coverage team you never want to cross because it gets way too messy. Support is enough, integration into donation is enough, straight up rev share is not really something that makes sense. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 2/1/2024 at 1:22 PM, Bad Host said:

I only get one rep a day in this profile, and gave it to NoName. Otherwise, I’d give you a big ass finger 😂. Just kidding, no validation and/or praise deserved. If I make it thru a show without standing up and accidentally showing my junk, I consider it a good show.

We all concur, sir.

On 2/1/2024 at 9:43 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

Bobby > Eric
Gerry > Justin
Babers > Drew - Babers is much better for YT format content as the former player role.
Bob Shipley > Ian Boyd - For football theory role, well pretty much in any capacity.
Blake > whatever host guy IT tried to roll out

Lunch with Coach is a great thing during the season.

Shipley would be better if he didn’t bite his tongue every time he was about to say something interesting. 

Erwin is great. They should bring him on in the offseason to shoot the shit. 

6 hours ago, Yesh said:

OTF now sponsored by boner powder.

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

@immamac and I are getting committed to getting the Surly Horns pod back on track now with at least weekly podcasts. May have a different structure of sorts but either way we are making it happen

Coincidence?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, RGBIII said:

@immamac and I are getting committed to getting the Surly Horns pod back on track now with at least weekly podcasts. May have a different structure of sorts but either way we are making it happen

If y’all do, please index it with a time log with a description of the subject discussed. I’m probably not the only one who would listen to certain segments but don’t want to wade through the whole pod. My solution to that in the existing format was to not listen at all. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, TonyTexas said:

If y’all do, please index it with a time log with a description of the subject discussed. I’m probably not the only one who would listen to certain segments but don’t want to wade through the whole pod. My solution to that in the existing format was to not listen at all. 

This is one of the improvements being made. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3