What would you do?

Deej

1 hour ago, Deej said:

It’s not so bad. You have to be looking for trouble to get into any. It will turn soon. Had friends across the street who moved, and their 900 sq. ft. house just sold for almost $300k.

How much are furnished sheds going for?

• Like 1

On 3/8/2019 at 9:30 PM, Deej said:

Yep. The people behind them had five sheds with families living in them. COA finally caught on when the found wiring from the pole feeding electricity to the sheds. Neighborhood is a hoot.

Do you live in Juarez?

Dare I ask how many cars were parked in front of the house?

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Do you live in Juarez?

Dare I ask how many cars were parked in front of the house?

Seven cars.

Juarez, Rundberg. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Edited by Deej

Last spring, the neighbors on the other side were shooting doves out of my trees, climbing the fence to retrieve them, and grilling them up. A visit from the game warden has kept them quiet for almost a year. I gave them a warning it wasn't cool, but they persisted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/16/2019 at 1:05 PM, Deej said:

Last spring, the neighbors on the other side were shooting doves out of my trees, climbing the fence to retrieve them, and grilling them up. A visit from the game warden has kept them quiet for almost a year. I gave them a warning it wasn't cool, but they persisted.

hang on, lemme get this straight,  you are in the middle of the Rundberg hood. You witnessed them SHOOTING a shotgun in your backyard, killing the doves in your trees, and you actually had the balls to walk over and give them a warning? 

The moment the game warden showed up they knew damn well who had narked.... thats not kosher in the Rundberg area, I'm legit surprised you werent retaliated against.

7 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

hang on, lemme get this straight,  you are in the middle of the Rundberg hood. You witnessed them SHOOTING a shotgun in your backyard, killing the doves in your trees, and you actually had the balls to walk over and give them a warning? 

The moment the game warden showed up they knew damn well who had narked.... thats not kosher in the Rundberg area, I'm legit surprised you werent retaliated against.

No, they were shooting them with air rifles. And yes, they know who called it it. I busted them climbing into my yard to retrieve the birds. I told the guy I would be calling it in if it happened again. He claimed he didn't know it was illegal. Then, it happened again. If he wanted to shoot some grackles, I would have looked the other way, but they were killing doves, cleaning them in the yard, and grilling them on their pit. 

1 minute ago, Llano Estacado said:

Well of coarse they had to clean and cook them in the yard.

They weren’t going to use the stainless slop sink in the mud room of their shed, and the wood fired pizza oven in the kitchen takes a while to level out, you aren’t going to use that for a couple dove poppers.

Fine, be that way

On 3/10/2019 at 11:52 PM, Zepol87 said:

Who the fuck rents a shed? I don't ever know if this happening so it has to be fucked

Mother in law let an illegal from El Salvador live in her's for a couple days. He used it to get in her pants and move into the big house eventually before he left like the wind. Dude had some great stories from his El Salvador army days, but he just didn't like living with Mexicans. He was terrified of me the first time I came over after he had moved into the house. I'm the only white person in the family so I guess he thought I was going to Trump Power Slam him or something.

Do 10 minutes of research and determine if the property is zoned multi-family.  Don't go directly after the renter, fuck over the home owner and let him deal with his renters.  Code deparment?  I bet the second place isn't permitted for occupancy.

PS - Yes Rundberg is becoming a lot more attractive to both investors and hipsters.  I've seen some shit over there that has potential. And a LOT of stuff that I think is WAAAAYYYYY overpriced.  But... Austin... so maybe it's all cheap?  If I can start renting sheds to people, that's a revenue stream I admit I have been overlooking.

Edited by horn4life
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/8/2019 at 8:38 PM, Deej said:

So, dog is barking at the back fence, so I peek over and see a family living in the shed behind the house next door, with this hanging on the wall.

30540f6375c621a22db9ca0c2fa099ee.jpg

what is your guesstimate on the dimensions of that shed?