How Fox News works

retread

At this point I think I should just be grateful that the Fox News chyron didn't say "Caring About The Ocean Is Dumb." This insinuates they value the ocean. Yay, I guess. 

Edit: Next week they'll declare war on the ocean and coastal MAGAs will start shooting at the ocean, right? 

Edited by Chooky
Reasons
  • Haha 1

https://news.yahoo.com/sean-hannity-other-fox-stars-181724578.html

Some of the biggest names at Fox News have been questioned, or are scheduled to be questioned in the coming days, by lawyers representing Dominion Voting Systems in its $1.6 billion defamation suit against the network, as the election technology company presses ahead with a case that First Amendment scholars say is extraordinary in its scope and significance.

Sean Hannity became the latest Fox star to be called for a deposition by Dominion’s legal team, according to a new filing in Delaware Superior Court. He is scheduled to appear Wednesday.

Tucker Carlson is set to face questioning Friday. Lou Dobbs, whose Fox Business show was canceled last year, is scheduled to appear Tuesday. Others who have been deposed recently include Jeanine Pirro, Steve Doocy and a number of high-level Fox producers, court records show.

People with knowledge of the case, who would speak only anonymously, said they expected that Fox News Media CEO Suzanne Scott could be one of the next to be deposed, along with the president of Fox News, Jay Wallace. Rupert and Lachlan Murdoch, whose family owns Fox, could follow in the coming weeks.

Wish the public could see these.

• Like 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 5

14 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

can't be any dumber than nuking hurricanes.

6 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He also thought China might have a hurricane gun that was shooting them at us. 

This sounds like an awesome fake movie from a Seinfeld episode.

• Haha 1

I almost started a thread about this (that would have been dumb), but watch your FNC inclined types for the phrase "they say."  Apparently, to me, they feel less potential for ridicule when they substitute, I saw on Hannity or Tucker Carlson thinks with "they say."

7 minutes ago, dcbc said:

I almost started a thread about this (that would have been dumb), but watch your FNC inclined types for the phrase "they say."  Apparently, to me, they feel less potential for ridicule when they substitute, I saw on Hannity or Tucker Carlson thinks with "they say."

That's been Tucker's thing for a while now.  "They" is the most terrifying force in the world.

• Hook 'Em 1

That’s why I always ask, “Who is ‘they’?” Then the fun begins.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

33 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

^^this is apparently what Fox thought merited attention last night instead of other national news topics

also obviously she deserved to be called slurs all match because of a tweet she liked

Also, why was George Floyd resisting arrest? Did you see him struggle when the cops tried to put him in their patrol car?

Do we have a separate thread on the Dominion lawsuit against Fox for defamation?

Opening of a good article on the topic:

The November 2020 email from an anguished Fox News news producer to colleagues sent up a flare amid a fusillade of false claims.

The producer warned: Fox cannot let host Jeanine Pirro back on the air. She is pulling conspiracy theories from dark corners of the Web to justify then-President Donald Trump's lies that the election had been stolen from him. The existence of the email, confirmed by two people with direct knowledge of it, is first publicly disclosed by NPR in this story. Fox News declined comment.

Pirro was far from alone in broadcasting such false claims. In the weeks that followed Election Day 2020, other prominent Fox stars, commentators and their guests heavily promoted them.

Much more at the link:

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/06/1121187542/dominion-voting-fox-news-lawsuit-pirro

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1