How Fox News works

retread

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

dark biden needs to run this as an ad. The party that cares about their family and you 

1 hour ago, CowboyFred said:

Weird thing huh? A father letting his troubled son know he cares about him and is there for him. 

they really have the worst people on that excuse for a news network.

you know who loves, moms in the burbs 

On 10/7/2022 at 7:06 PM, Biff Tannen said:

Figure this might as well go here. 

Just ran into an older couple in Dallas wearing longhorn gear. Asked them what they thought about the game. Said they thought we should dominate if the coaches don’t get too conservative. Cool. 

Then they said their daughter goes to OU.  They live in Houston. Said the only reason they let her go there was they would never let her go to Texas now. Huh?

Austin is too dangerous.  Fox News brain. 

Years ago there was a woman that worked in my office that sent her kids to aggy and lamented the fact that she attended Texas. I heard her tell someone she wished that she attended aggy instead of Texas and I walked into her office and gave a WTF gesture. She explained that there was just too much liberal brainwashing occurring on campus.

2 minutes ago, F250 said:

Years ago there was a woman that worked in my office that sent her kids to aggy and lamented the fact that she attended Texas. I heard her tell someone she wished that she attended aggy instead of Texas and I walked into her office and gave a WTF gesture. She explained that there was just too much liberal brainwashing occurring on campus.

Ah, the brainwashed complaining about the brainwashing.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, F250 said:

I don't get this one.  Maybe I just skipped class too much, but I don't think I ever had a single professor at UT bring up politics during class.  I do remember the speaker at my commencement address talking about the foolishness of the war in Iraq, but that's it. 

Just now, The Royal We said:

I don't get this one.  Maybe I just skipped class too much, but I don't think I ever had a single professor at UT bring up politics during class.  I do remember the speaker at my commencement address talking about the foolishness of the war in Iraq, but that's it. 

Had a freshman English teacher assign an in-class essay.  One of the topic choices was capital punishment.  18 year old Matuka was way more conservative back then and I was discussing what to write with a classmate.  He had just got back to his desk after discussing with teacher.  She said that if he wrote a pro-capital punishment essay, she would fail him. 

I chose another topic. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, The Royal We said:

It makes zero sense especially when you consider she got her degree in accounting. 

• Haha 1

Austin is a liberal city.   University of Texas considering its sheer size has the complete spectrum of political views reflected in both faculty and student body.  I was glad I got to take top-flight classes in liberal arts, business, natural sciences, humanities, language, etc.  Nothing overtly political, just a buncha people teaching me how to think critically and learn some practical facts along the way.  It's because of that acquired skill honed from conception to 2016, I simply hung back from my GOP/FOX family and friends because all of it seemed quite "off" to me.  None of it made any goddamn sense.  So for 2016, and first two years of his term 2017-18...I tapped out.  Got more interested in local politics.  But then in 2019, it became obvious to me we were no longer living in a broken party...but rather were enabling the destruction of our foundations in rule of law and democratic elections.  And Fox News convinced 35 % of our country and most people I know that this was perfectly fine.  

My most overtly political teacher was for AP Economics, senior year of high school.  I didn't think much of her until Trump got elected.  She didn't teach us shit about Economics, most of us bundled cash together for a weekly tutor before the AP exam.  She would just rant and rave about jobs going overseas, immigration, welfare, tax 'n spend cripling our economy, etc.  But I had completely forgotten until 2016 (20+ years later) that she assigned us (not optional, aside-from-textbook reading) "The Art of the Deal" and said it was the single best book on business, and therefore economics, we'd ever read. 

My dad was living in New York at the time and would call once a month to check on my grades.  Told him what I was reading in AP Econ.  He lost his shit.  He had done lots of business with NYC real estate developers hauling their finish-out materials in his trucks.  He barely talked over the phone but he went on a 15 minute rant about what a con-man Trump had been to all these other real estate folks in New York.  I quietly wrote my book report, learned almost nothing else, and passed the test.  Probably for the best Dad died 10 years before Trump declared for office because he probably would have had a heart attack.   

But I'd like to think she's still alive somewhere, about 80 years old, fawning over Tucker, and totally unvaccinated.   

I mean the whole thing is asinine, but the black trump supporter is particularly touching. You can tell before the clip starts he makes his argument for Trump, but then the journalists reminds him that in the 50's black folks were second class citizens. Unable to retreat he presses forward by agreeing to an idea that he would be comfortable reverting back to being a second class citizen again before being reminded that we also didn't have voting rights. Just absolutely comical. The reaction of the dude when he "finds out" about voting rights back then got me laughing out loud. 

Edited by Thatguy
  • Rage+1 1

20 hours ago, HenryJames said:

The end of the article:

"My actual $28 lunch was significantly larger, and worse for me, and I wound up wishing inflation were even higher so that spending that much at Taco Bell would not be so physically hazardous. I am going to eat some digestive enzymes and pray to every deity I can think of for forgiveness and relief."

• Haha 2

Not Fox News but related to a former Fox New contributor. Imagine that your right wing comments are so horrible that even NewsMax has to distance themselves from you.  Source: https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/20/media/newsmax-lara-logan-ban/index.html

The right-wing channel Newsmax has banned Lara Logan from its air after she went on a QAnon-style rant during an appearance on the network this week.

In a bizarre interview, Logan told host Eric Bolling that “the open border is Satan’s way of taking control of the world,” and later added that the world’s elites “want us eating insects [and] cockroaches” while they “dine on the blood of children.”

Newsmax rebuked Logan in a sharp statement to CNN on Thursday evening.

“Newsmax condemns in the strongest terms the reprehensible statements made by Lara Logan and her views do not reflect our network,” a network spokesperson said. “We have no plans to interview her again.”

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Lara Logan spoke at my church several years ago (at the time she was living in the Fredericksburg area, and I can't even remember how my Episcopal priest was able to connect with her and arrange for her to speak).  It wasn't a religious talk at all, and it was part of an annual evening Lenten speaker series we had at the time addressing various topics, and this series had some journalism focus as I recall.  She opened up in very frank terms about her sexual assault experience and recovery, and despite the horror of having to go through that, she seemed like she was doing okay, and there were no political undertones at all in the discussion.  I really enjoyed her talk.  She also had a great pair of tits that were nice to look at.

But holy shit what she's turned into.  I'm not sure if her right-wing bat-shit craziness was down there deep inside and was unlocked in a post-Trump America, or this is a symptom of some particularly acute PTSD that has manifested in her QAnon fuckedupness, or maybe both.  In any event, she's quite the nutbird now.

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

Lara Logan spoke at my church several years ago (at the time she was living in the Fredericksburg area, and I can't even remember how my Episcopal priest was able to connect with her and arrange for her to speak).  It wasn't a religious talk at all, and it was part of an annual evening Lenten speaker series we had at the time addressing various topics, and this series had some journalism focus as I recall.  She opened up in very frank terms about her sexual assault experience and recovery, and despite the horror of having to go through that, she seemed like she was doing okay, and there were no political undertones at all in the discussion.  I really enjoyed her talk.  She also had a great pair of tits that were nice to look at.

But holy shit what she's turned into.  I'm not sure if her right-wing bat-shit craziness was down there deep inside and was unlocked in a post-Trump America, or this is a symptom of some particularly acute PTSD that has manifested in her QAnon fuckedupness, or maybe both.  In any event, she's quite the nutbird now.

Jesus dude. What a fucked up thing to say.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Not Fox News but related to a former Fox New contributor. Imagine that your right wing comments are so horrible that even NewsMax has to distance themselves from you.  Source: https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/20/media/newsmax-lara-logan-ban/index.html

A little bit of social anxiety is good and normal. It's that little voice in your head that keeps you from saying or doing crazy shit all the time. "I can't do that, it's not socially acceptable and people with think I'm nuts". People that heavily use Benzos lose that little voice. I could see a situation where someone that's been through all she's been through starts relying on benzos and maybe an SSRI and you know, a couple of drinks really supercharges the effect. Next thing you know she's ranting about portals to hell and immigrants being devil spawn. She looks fucked up like my ex's checkbook in that picture above. Someone needs to get her to rehab, among other things. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/21/2022 at 10:35 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I have nothing but sympathy for Logan with her assault in Egypt but from all accounts that now the basis for her professional life and all of her opinions in life. Maybe I would be the same if that happened to me but her horrible experience shouldn’t be how we run our country. 

She needs serious help.  She continues to drift even farther away from reality

• Hook 'Em 1

I Watters, take thee spousal broad, to be my lawfully wedded and domestically confined wife. 

They'll certainly win any dinner party contest of "Who has the best 'how we met' story."

Jesse, "Okay, so I'm slashing some bitches' tires........when all of a sudden it hits me...."

• 2 weeks later...