How Fox News works

retread

6 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Eh. That doesn't seem to be a Fox-y problem, really. That reporter may have actually been doing good work.  It is a civil case but if it were the DOJ doing it (seeking the source), I might be troubled. 

Story will be weaponized against Biden anyway. 

7 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Not giving them the click, but the link is hysterical.

Look man, we are a metroplex of over a million people, and we’ve already had like 12 people killed by Nicole so you can’t even walk down the sidewalk these days. Well, that last part is because people leave those electric scooters all over the fucking place. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

If Nicole had any decency in her serial killing, she'd pull a Charles de Mar and inform these induced victims to scan an e-scooter.  Point down Rainey Street towards Town Lake.  "Go that way.  Really fast.  And if something gets in your way, drown."  I mean, at least it'd clear up the sidewalk clutter plus she can still do her jam.  

so there was some extended family in town this past week and i had dinner with them on thurs night.  one couple, early 80's, they are known in the fam to be big gop-turned-trumpers, so usually best not to engage, but sometimes i can't resist.  i rarely see them and i ask for so little.

so i'm listening in, and family members i'm closer with are very excited because their daughter, who graduated early from northwestern, has been kinda stuck in sacramento in some govt job waiting on something better, finally got an offer she liked in dc.  so she's in govt, and she's thinking about a job offer in dc.  seems reasonable.  her mom is very excited about it.

then the aunt weighs in.  "oh, you've heard how dc is now, right?  it's just so terrible there, so dangerous, i would tell her to wait for something better."  i said, "terrible, like crime?"  she said yes.  i said, "you mean like chicago and san francisco?"  she said, "yes, exactly, she shouldn't move there."

she had been in california for almost 24 hours and hadn't been mugged yet, but i don't know how the rest of her trip went.

I identify with that story so much.

I've lived in DC now a little over 20 years.  It was bad but gentrifying when we moved here and I've seen a lot.  It's not going on the right direction but it's still a 1000 times better than those first couple of years we spent here.  Yet, my parents, who sit in northeast Texas and have Fox News on as background, call and ask every couple fee days if I'm alright because they just saw the latest DC crime alert on that channel.    They literally wonder if we can make our next visit before getting shot.

Edited by PhillyD

2 minutes ago, PhillyD said:

I identify with that story so much.

I've lived in DC now a little over 20 years.  It was bad but gentrifying when we moved here and I've seen a lot.  It's not going on the right direction but it's still a 1000 times better than those first couple of years we spent here.  Yet, my parents who sit in northeast Texas and have Fox News on as background call and ask every couple fee days if I'm alright because they just saw the latest DC crime alert on that channel.    They literally wonder if we can make our next visit before getting shot.

I get the same phone calls from my mother because I live in a blue city that Fox News says is overridden by crime. It’s laughably safe compared to where she lives in Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

I get the same phone calls from my mother because I live in a blue city that Fox News says is overridden by crime. It’s laughably safe compared to where she lives in Texas. 

The next time I talk to my mom or one of my aunts, if they ask about crime because of what they see on TV about Austin, I’m going to say something like “hold on, something is happening down the street” and then play this video in the background

• Haha 7

image.thumb.png.edd1ae3238feefffb63f729700afdb1d.png

https://abcnews.go.com/US/rupert-murdoch-engaged-6th-time-92-sources/story?id=107897609

Rupert Murdoch, the 92-year-old conservative media mogul, is engaged for the sixth time, sources familiar with the matter tell ABC News.

News of his engagement to Elena Zhukova comes just months after the Fox boss effectively handed over the reins of his conservative media empire to his son, Lachlan Murdoch.

The wedding is set for June at his California estate and vineyard, called Moraga.

Multiple recent media reports describe Zhukova as a 66-year-old retired scientist. Reports also say her daughter was married to Roman Abramovich -- who the U.S. government has described as a Russian oligarch, seizing his yacht.

Last August, news broke that Murdoch's engagement to his last fiancée, Ann Lesley Smith, was called off.

A spokesperson confirmed the engagement.

• Rage+1 4

5 minutes ago, bolverk said:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/rupert-murdoch-engaged-6th-time-92-sources/story?id=107897609

Rupert Murdoch, the 92-year-old conservative media mogul, is engaged for the sixth time, sources familiar with the matter tell ABC News.

News of his engagement to Elena Zhukova comes just months after the Fox boss effectively handed over the reins of his conservative media empire to his son, Lachlan Murdoch.

The wedding is set for June at his California estate and vineyard, called Moraga.

Multiple recent media reports describe Zhukova as a 66-year-old retired scientist. Reports also say her daughter was married to Roman Abramovich -- who the U.S. government has described as a Russian oligarch, seizing his yacht.

Last August, news broke that Murdoch's engagement to his last fiancée, Ann Lesley Smith, was called off.

The worst fucking people never die ...

caddyshack-bishop.gif

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I'm sure the shriveled vienna sausage deployment on their honeymoon will be everything his bride has dreamed of.

By the way, did this timeline have to go full-on cartoonishly ridiculous with the overlapping of crooked fascist oligarchs and the kakistocracy?  The fucking obsession the right has with nakedly corrupt Russian authoritarianism is fucking ridiculous.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 3

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm sure the shriveled vienna sausage deployment on their honeymoon will be everything his bride has dreamed of.

By the way, did this timeline have to go full-on cartoonishly ridiculous with the overlapping of crooked fascist oligarchs and the kakistocracy?  The fucking obsession the right has with nakedly corrupt Russian authoritarianism is fucking ridiculous.

No shit. It's like, "Hey guys! There's other fucking corrupt countries out there to cozy up to."

On 3/8/2024 at 3:19 AM, MisterP said:

you mean like the one the Clinton's use? OR is Epstein clean?

Trump was in charge of Epstein’s imprisonment, moron. If Epstein had dirt on Clinton but not Trump, he’d still be alive.

Are you going to blame this mental gaffe on Happy Hour too?

On 3/8/2024 at 2:19 AM, MisterP said:

you mean like the one the Clinton's use? OR is Epstein clean?

Clinton's what?

ec7aae7473dd6fe873df327ca970a4274b0fa73a

Did you not learn remedial English in your ESL classes, Tito, or were you too stupid to properly learn the use of possessives in the Second Grade?

I suppose it's also possible that a GRU-provided English language teacher in Albania misunderstands basic English grammar and teaches it incorrectly.

Edited by bolverk

21 hours ago, elfenix said:

Laura getting big mad about stuff that happened in *checks notes* 2017

IMG_1039.thumb.jpeg.909955f13664a9925161b7f18cac38f6.jpeg

IMG_7124.jpeg.4bdd461d0c0c6720f70c9ec032e931ee.jpeg

I should add, of course Trigger is mad, she only has hooves, no toes, to suck on. 

Edited by Underdog
  • Hook 'Em 1