How Fox News works

retread

13 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This was also my immediate thought. 

I cut the cord in 2009 and, as a result, 95% of my exposure to cable teevee news has come directly from Shaggy/Surly, so I admit I might not be au courant on the various minor talking heads. As a result, the only stuffed speaking puppet on television I know of with that name is him.

Edited by bolverk
mee mee

7 minutes ago, DigDug said:

Jesus.....they're so....fucking....stupid.

I've been working from home for 7+ months now.  I've had "wi-fi issues" several times.  Neither Trump, nor Biden, nor the Trilateral Commission nor the Bilderbergers had anything to do with any of them.  I rebooted my router and modem, and then the issue was resolved.

How fucking ignorant, stupid, and tech illiterate can Trumpkins be?  Does Jarrett post his shit from a goddamned Jitterbug?

xYbG00orfSLXWHGzsDPXjvw0kTUZAsPskgCCsqrU

Recently returned from a business road trip.  I forgot to renew Sirius so I was stuck with iTunes and local radio.  For the hell of it I'd turn on AM now and then ....

Hooollllyyyy Shit.  Nothing but ultra right wing nut jobs, the king being Sean Hannity.  The shamelessness and deceitful shit he spews is borderline evil.  Of course he was going down the laptop rabbit hole over and over, lamenting how the "Biden Crime Family" had not yet been arrested.   But he had one - I guess it was a commercial of some kind - with a narrator that effectively said, "Open your eyes and see your enemy.  They are the Democrats in your life, actively trying to tear down everything America stands for.  Do whatever is necessary to stop them.  Always remember who the enemy is, the progressive Left!"

You could almost hear "and use violence if necessary" within the message.  I can't even.

And he said quite often to his guests, "We are in such trouble in this country, I'm really worried."   As if the Democrats were in control and not Trump's sycophants.  I know the hypocrisy and mental gymnastics Fox fans need to have in order to believe that shit has been discussed ad nauseam, but it is fucking unreal how they can look around at this mess and say, "Damn those liberals."

• Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

19 minutes ago, Mach 1 said:

Recently returned from a business road trip.  I forgot to renew Sirius so I was stuck with iTunes and local radio.  For the hell of it I'd turn on AM now and then ....

Hooollllyyyy Shit.  Nothing but ultra right wing nut jobs, the king being Sean Hannity.  The shamelessness and deceitful shit he spews is borderline evil.  Of course he was going down the laptop rabbit hole over and over, lamenting how the "Biden Crime Family" had not yet been arrested.   But he had one - I guess it was a commercial of some kind - with a narrator that effectively said, "Open your eyes and see your enemy.  They are the Democrats in your life, actively trying to tear down everything America stands for.  Do whatever is necessary to stop them.  Always remember who the enemy is, the progressive Left!"

You could almost hear "and use violence if necessary" within the message.  I can't even.

And he said quite often to his guests, "We are in such trouble in this country, I'm really worried."   As if the Democrats were in control and not Trump's sycophants.  I know the hypocrisy and mental gymnastics Fox fans need to have in order to believe that shit has been discussed ad nauseam, but it is fucking unreal how they can look around at this mess and say, "Damn those liberals."

Cancel culture alert: Sirius is owned by an ultra conservative company who donates lots to Trump

22 minutes ago, Mach 1 said:

"Open your eyes and see your enemy.  They are the Democrats in your life, actively trying to tear down everything America stands for.  Do whatever is necessary to stop them.  Always remember who the enemy is, the progressive Left!"

You could almost hear "and use violence if necessary" within the message. 

Pretty much verbatim what one finds on the right leaning forums for Ag/Tiger fans.

On 10/21/2020 at 7:51 PM, LW Goatman said:

Real question, is this any different than when beaker cried over trump winning? These stations like msnbc and fox cater to their viewers. It’s entertainment for a sector. 

This is why a shitload more people should stop watching cable news in the evening.  Like cut it off after 6pm.   Way too many of these people who are wrapped up in watching evening cable news networks have a void in their life, that needs to be filled, and not the kind of void that South Austin's mom needs filled.

If you have parents/grandparents who fall into the "spend all evening watching cable news", fucking make it a point to FaceTime or call them around 7:30 or 8.  Have your kids Facetime/whatever with them multiple times a week in the evening.  Find some online boardgames you can play with them.

Yeah, maybe they have DVRs and simply hit the pause button, but you know they'll fall asleep before they can finish.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mach 1 said:

I considered Hannity to be one of the most toxic radio and tv personalities around. I'm guessing his audience isn't as large as Limbaugh, but between his guests and the conspiracy crap he pedals he's at the top of my shit list. Earlier this week he had some guest on saying that Trump should fire the current FBI director today because he has done nothing with the so called Hunter Biden laptop.

We had the goods man, we had em. Absolute proof of every ridiculous far fetched bullshit theory we could conjure up. But they got lost in the mail. If only there was a way to make records of that kind of stuff. I'm telling ya, if anybody figures that out, there's money to be made. 

And Fox News has no problem unmasking whistle blowers, but chooses to not name the carrier in this dastardly turn of events? Its almost like they don't want the company to call them out on more bullshit. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 3

On 10/23/2020 at 3:37 PM, Mach 1 said:

But he had one - I guess it was a commercial of some kind - with a narrator that effectively said, "Open your eyes and see your enemy.  They are the Democrats in your life, actively trying to tear down everything America stands for.  Do whatever is necessary to stop them.  Always remember who the enemy is, the progressive Left!"

I heard that too and was shocked.

11 minutes ago, Blotto said:
We had the goods man, we had em. Absolute proof of every ridiculous far fetched bullshit theory we could conjure up. But they got lost in the mail. If only there was a way to make records of that kind of stuff. I'm telling ya, if anybody figures that out, there's money to be made. 

And Fox News has no problem unmasking whistle blowers, but chooses to not name the carrier in this dastardly turn of events? Its almost like they don't want the company to call them out on more bullshit. 

Putting aside it's shady as fuck that Hunter flew from California to Delaware to find a legally blind computer technician who couldn't pick him out of a lineup, and apparently left instructions to take the data to Rudy's people if he didn't pick it up (or the guy somehow figured out the data had to get to Rudy), and this all happened the same month that Joe entered the Den race....

Rudy has passed this stuff off to the NY Post, Fox News, OANN, and other outlets, and nobody is willing to full-on publish it.

Not Fox News, not OANN, not the NY Post, nobody who thinks they are a legitimate news outlet is willing to push this.  Just talk around it, and give Rudy room to talk about it.

And nothing is stopping Rudy from dumping it on the internet.  Nothing.  There's a shit-ton of services he could use to publish it himself, or rather have his people do it (and he has an entourage).

But Rudy won't do it, and Bannon sort of posts some stuff on a shady Chinese site he owns.

On 10/23/2020 at 11:36 PM, HenryJames said:

Reminds me of an old Marx Brothers movie:

a scene where the brothers were searching for a missing painting. Groucho said, “We’ll search every room in the house.” Chico asked, “But what if it ain’t in the house?” Groucho replied, “Then we’ll search the house next door.” “What if there ain’t no house next door?” And Groucho, “Then we’ll build one.” And they immediately started to draw up plans for building the house. 

This was also used in The Chocolate War, but it perfectly encapsulates FOX.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, swraith said:

Its like they have never heard of a fax machine.

Or, perhaps, scanning them and sending them through a secure network?  Or, just maybe, backing them up electronically or, even, a fucking Xerox copy?  Fucking clown show. 

And "Jimmy from Maine" is fucking awesomely hilarious. 

Edited by DigglerontheHoof